Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I like when the admin deleted chemistry because they kept on making bombs, and then removed the cleaning products because they kept on making bombs, and finally gave up when they figured out how to destroy the station with potato chips and water.

Just to clarify, that was all in one round, not from the game's actual cose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Outrail posted:

Is there a thread for this game that can explain what the hell you're all talking about so I don't derail with questions?

The Space Station 13 Thread is here in Games

Also, the original magical quotes;

Coolguye posted:

I wish I could find the screencaps on the wiki of the time Pope[crunch] went absolutely loving apeshit on Chemistry. He murdered all the Chemists, and deleted everything that could potentially be used to do chemistry, even in the kitchen. He sent announcements at each step in this process, getting more and more furious each time someone found some other way to do chemistry on the station. Dozens of people asked "what did the chemists do???" over and over again.

And the next CentCom announcement simply stated: 'THEY EXISTED.'

PopeCrunch posted:

I couldn't figure out how you goatfuckers STILL managed to be terrorists with potato chips and water. YOU FOUND A WAY. I had two coders on IRC combing through reactions trying to figure out exactly how you motherless fucks were managing to make potato chips and water into explosives, and they had no loving idea. It shouldn't have been possible. It couldn't have been possible. I fear for the safety of the world if the people who managed to find a way to do murders with mother loving potato chips and goddamned water ever get recruited by a real world terrorist organization. The headlines the next day will read something like WE'RE ALL hosed: SOME NERD KILLS 3/4 OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION WITH A USED BANDAID AND THE SQUEAKER FROM A DOG TOY. THIS SECURITY PHOTO SHOWS THE SUSPECT PURCHASING A STICK OF GUM. DOES HE WANT FRESH BREATH, OR IS HE FINISHING THE JOB? OUR ONLY CONSOLATION IS THAT WE WILL PROBABLY NEVER SEE IT COMING. FILM AT 11 IF WE'RE LUCKY. OR UNLUCKY. gently caress IT. WHATEVER. -(AP)

edit to add: I would like to thank the Maker's Mark Distillery for providing me with the liquid courage to have made it through that terrible time

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VanSandman posted:

My favorite part of the meltdown is a mod letting it happen.

That random goon replying with "You're a mod! DO SOMETHING! :stonk:" to the mod's own horrified emote is my favourite part.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Palpek posted:

I only now learned about this treason :argh:.

Well you should've left it in the care of Top Men :colbert:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Guys, we all know the true sandwich is the chickencheese, and if I hadn't just learned it was on the corrupted part of the database that's still being fixed I'd link the thread :sigh:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Breetai posted:

A reminder that Google search used to auto complete the phrase "call the police on" with "Granos".

e: Still does!

Fox now has an entire crime series about using an app for reporting crimes, all so that people can report Granos on-sight in Chicago as quickly as possible.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Breetai posted:

I just realised that the Granos joke thread was from 2007. :stare:

Don't worry, there's no statute of limitations so the Police will always be on the lookout for Granos.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FreudianSlippers posted:

Something being used in Australia just makes it more likely to be racist.

Australia is inhabited solely by savage mega-racists whose burned leathery skin constantly spurts out rivers of sweat to keep the swarms I flies that follow them at bay. Flies that would otherwise burrow deep into their skin because the swamplike flesh of the Australian is the perfect place to pay eggs.

Source:
The Proposition, Wake in Fright and Crocodile Dundee.

Please don't compare the people of Queensland's outer suburbs to the rest of us, thank you.

Seriously, the place is like Australian Florida.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

There's a deflate gate joke for A A Ron, but damned if I can connect the dots on it.

Well that's a letdown.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

funmanguy posted:

Funny Forums Quotes: Mostly Chease Chat

Now all we need is some chicken and we'll be in business.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

HerStuddMuffin posted:

That thing is just begging to be turned into a loss edit.

Edd of Eddsworld (What that comic is based on) passed away years ago from cancer. Happy?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GodspeedSphere posted:

What the hell is that from?

First page of this thread, second post. Ruddha's amazing diatribe on the suicidal stupidity of horses. In this case; "Poor Freckles, thought about ants and passed away".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
On the plus side; those stairs and the surrounding structure are made of stone so you can fix that nightmare with gas and a match.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

We Know Catheters posted:

No one cares about some Russian's clock.

Glock. :commissar:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I had not seen the libertarian counterpart before :suspense:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

fruit on the bottom posted:

Does it count as necrophilia if you're jacking yourself off with a dead joke?

I've already called the police, Granos. Just wait and they'll come get you shortly.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

NLJP posted:

So trad games is having a fun painting competition for 40k space marines where you get generated a random name and (optionally) a colour you must use and a colour you're banned from using.

I love when a goon's hatred or phobia turns up in a most random context

What a waste of a truly badass name. You would not gently caress with any military outfit that calls themselves the Storm Hippos.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RCarr posted:

http://imgur.com/JnOSjQc is the link imgur gives me.

Are you manually going in and changing the "http" to "https", adding the "i." before "imgur", and then adding ".jpg" at the end, or am I missing something? You used to just be able to copy and paste the link imgur gives you, no?

Edit: Oh I see, you need to find the "get share links" area which is hidden behind an arrow!

If it's in your imgur account, you just have to click on the image and it'll give you the URL in a list of various appropriate forms :shrug:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Change
Into digital Hitlers
To
Save the digital
REICH

But if we're all going digital, does that mean we're turning into Nazi's? :ohdear:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FactsAreUseless posted:

Drowned him in the river on his birthday. Pretty hosed up.

There was also a guy that recently stabbed his opponent in a MtG tournament. Didn't kill him, but he stabbed the poor dude like seven times so it evidently wasn't for lack of trying.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

no clue if they twist, but it's probably safe to assume a rifled barrel

You know what gets me about this? It's not the gun shooting knives, it's not the bullets with fold-out blades, its the fact that it'd be downright inaccurate. To be moving that fast, the spring-release mechanism would surely gently caress up the knife-bullet's trajectory well beyond being useful.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

sebmojo posted:

I actually looked up the murder rate in Hong Kong and it's like 15 a year, which is a trip to the bubble tea shop for wei shen

I'd say it's more of a stopover to get a Pork Bun. After the bun he's gotta prove to the shopkeep he's a Real Man, and it all goes downhill from there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Those are some Asp-Kicking Boots.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powaqoatse posted:

pro tip: get hosed up on meth and become a space guild navigator

You take the starting point, a destination, and erase the distance between them. This checks out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I'm pretty sure if you brought the two half-beard guys (No.3 and No.15) in direct contact you'd either witness pair-annihilation or fusion into a full-bearded super-criminal.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You missed one;

Jose Mengelez posted:

anthony fantano looks like a sex tourist getting arrested in uganda for nutting inside a shaved chimp that somebody left nailed to a table.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powaqoatse posted:

He doesn't do it though.

Yes he does. The whole reason they try to force him out of the company in the first movie is because he kills off the weapons division entirely. The whole issue with it getting muddled is when he starts making weapons for the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. Even then, that's an actual part of his character development through the movies where he's getting panicky and self-destructive ever since the New York Attack, trying to do the right thing and protect people by building the biggest toys.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

funmanguy posted:

Oh wow, it actually happened.

It works on so many levels :stonklol:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Palpek posted:

I thought the same thing. It's a really nice picture for what could have as well been the very first blurry google image result for croissant.

Someone posted a large version of it in the Funny Pictures thread, I made an avatar-sized version and posted that. No clue who actually slapped it on them though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Some people freeze sperm so they can have kids later in life. Others evidently make that choice a little too late.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm glad the OP made that decision, but what about the kid?

He lacked sound judgement.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Trig Discipline posted:

Like McDonald's even uses real people though.

It's just a bunch of fuckin' phonies.

You're getting the discussions mixed up, Trig, McDonalds doesn't want to stuff people in phonebooths.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bertrand Hustle posted:

hosed up if true. Mods?

They just told you; They've never eaten congee!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Holy poo poo. :stare:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Are you joking? I honestly can't tell. :psyduck:

It is indeed a real thing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

gotta say that ladies face scares me

That is the dead-eyed stare of someone who has had their life's dreams replaced with being a stepford wife, and is probably going to wind up unapologetically murdering their husband in cold blood over some petty reason.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Choco1980 posted:

Satoshi Kon stuff was pretty good while he was still alive.

Mamoru Hasoda's films are quite good as well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

Aatrek isn't a dog so how would that work?

Have you not read The Shining?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
"Used to", as it is past-tense :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Well that's my afternoon gone :suspense:.