Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I just found out new hood struts could be had for less than $15 shipped on ebay. I've been using a god drat 2x4 to hold the hood of my explorer up for over a year. I figured it was at least a $50 part or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

scuz posted:

loving November is already worse than all of October. Paycheck was supposed to be deposited Friday, found a typo in the direct deposit information, and now nobody knows where my paycheck is. Bank says "no pending deposits", finance department says "we sent to over!" Car/home Insurance is cancelling on me on Wednesday since they didn't get the payment that was scheduled for Friday, so this poo poo needs to get straightened out like right loving now. Girlfriend's classroom got broken into last night and they trashed her room and a few others and they still made her teach today instead of doing stuff like figuring out what's missing so she's a wreck and super pissed. And then the Packers lost, which was a bummer even if I saw it coming. :shrek:
What car insurance cancels your account if you're late by 5 days? Ive been over a month late paying Travelers and I was only charged a $10 late fee.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I drive a car with a horse on it. I don't like horses but I like my car.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The first ever sonic is opening in Buffalo on thursday and its supposed to be the biggest one in the nation. I know a lot of people say its over hyped but I am a sucker for new food stuffs.

How do they still use skates in the snow, though?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
There are no cunts in AI just cunty posts.

Here is one now: I don't give a whoop about mpg because I am hip and have complicated shoes.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

CharlesM posted:

Im stupid. He;lp

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Turned 30 today. It was harder to get out of bed, but I think it was a mental issue and not physical. Was legit comfy though.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Pfff, fix it yourself. How bad could it be?

Fixing it yourself lets you stretch one day of downtime into a whole week.
I don't know where he works but if I go pick up a mop to clean up someones spilled drink I get written up. Gotta stick to your job duties.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I haven't used it in a few years, but I just softmodded my xbox 1 and threw a bunch of emulators on there. Entire libraries of games without getting up and save states anytime.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Every single time I'm underneath my car I ask myself why I didn't buy safety glasses yet.

PC forever because gently caress aiming with my thumbs. What the hell else do you use thumbs for? I can't stand it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kastein posted:

Roll the window down just far enough for his hand to get in but nothing else, roll it up once his hand gets in, drive off?
I like to watch russian dash cams, and it always surprises me when someone gets out of their car to confront the other person and they just roll their window down so they can get socked in the head a few times. I had someone pull in front of me once to stop and confront me, and all I did was peel out and he slapped his window with my hand.

Of course he caught up with me a mile down the road because I still wanted my tim hortons coffee.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Great Beer posted:

I hate my customers so much.

"Yeah I want the medium special."
"Sure, which one."
"The medium"
"The two for 6.99 each special?"
"No!"
"Ok... one medium. What do you want on it?"
"The special!"

There is no pizza called "the special". He ended up with a supreme, no idea what he was actually talking about.

:cripes:
Don't be mad at stoners, they're probably 1/3 of your business and they tip well because math is hard.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

scuz posted:

I've also never met a stoner who tips well. Don't know many nowadays, but when I was younger and dumber that was pretty much my crowd.
When I had my own place and made frequent delivery calls I always tipped at least $5 and made sure I never needed any change back because that would be too confusing for me.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Jesus Christ this car is a cop magnet. I've gotten pulled over more times in this thing in 4 months than the 4 years I had my Slobalt.
Welcome to the sporty looking black car club. I just peeled my tint off the front windows to hopefully cut down on the pull-overs.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ffffffffff the autozone wheel bearing I bought last year is making noise. At the time my friend was helping me and he recommended it and said it would be fine. A few weeks later I had to do the other side, and knowing how to do it I bought a Moog part. Guess which one failed just out of warranty.

Also labbatts is a good lager and is what I'll be drinking now.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I'm from buffalo so basically I'm half Canadian.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm revoking that half.
wat

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ain't nothing wrong with labatts if you usually go for 3 or 4 a night. Fancy poo poo gets expensive and is reserved for weekends.

Cage fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 13, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

leica posted:

GO BILLS
:hfive:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

CommieGIR posted:

Had smoke in the Audi while driving home today. Smelled of oil, but I smelled electronics earlier in the drive home

:smith:
Are you sure you don't have an exposed amplifier cable and a jug of oil in your trunk? Because that's how my brothers bmw started on fire. :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Seriously. Thanks for the "had sex with girlfriend" update.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Super kicking myself for buying cheap parts. My friend helped me doing the first wheel bearing on my explorer last year, and he used a crappy duralast part which I thought had a lifetime warranty. Turns out its only 12 months, and it failed 13.x months in. After he helped me with it last year I did the other side myself and used moog so thats what I just re-bought. On the bright side it should be pretty darn easy to replace now. :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
This weekend I replaced a wheel hub assembly on my winter car. After completing the job and throwing the axle nut back on I realized my torque wrench doesn't go high enough for the torque specs (175ft/lbs). Didn't want to bother my friend so I called a local monroe shop and asked if they could just spec it for me and I'd tip em $20 and they said sure bring it over.

I get there and wait about 20 minutes and someone finally comes outside with me. All he has is a 1/2 socket wrench and the socket. No breaker bar or leverage of any sort. He puts it on, tried lifting up can't do it. Turn it around and tried pushing down can't do it. He tried for no more than 15 seconds or so and said "This is retarded its way too tight, you're on your own" and walked inside without saying anything else and left me :confused:.

Came home, put my 1/2 inch socket on with a *gasp* pipe on the end of it for more leverage. Backed it off half a turn and then drove to my friends house where he specced it in 5 seconds.

What a muppet. I've never complained at any establishments before but right away I came home to make a complaint on their website.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Just a whole bunch of rust in the eyes.

My dad had a jack fail on him about 20 years ago and it messed his hand up pretty bad.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Last years ai:ss bummed me out. I spent a good amount of time and effort on it and received something a few weeks after christmas that was clearly a last minute "oh poo poo I forgot ehh cars have rubber on them right here is some rubber." Id almost prefer getting deadbeated.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Have you ever owned a ford or is that :thejoke:?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Adiabatic posted:

It ain't about what you get, guy
It is if no effort was put into it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thats why I'm taking part again, I know it was just a fluke. The guy doesn't even post anymore.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I've been looking at tires for my winter vehicle. I don't really need any, but the ones I got a year ago are used and they're noisy as hell. This always happens on payday, I look for stuff to buy that I really don't need.

Though I do have a kind of good reason to look: These tires are slightly undersized but I needed them in a hurry. But then I say to myself "well if youre buying new tires you should just go for some oversized bro ones" and then suddenly I'm looking at a $600+ dollar purchase.

I think I'm ok with the tires I have.

Cage fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 18, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I used altimax artics on a mustang in a buffalo winter a few years back, didn't even need any weight in the trunk.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I think hes driving a company van.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
HEY SAG YOU SPLASHED PEOPLE WHEN YOU WERE DRIVING ONCE DO YOU REMEMBER

WE HAVE TO KEEP REMINDING YOU

HUMOR

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
In timg form I thought it was a closeup of a cracked windshield.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:happened:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
It is because why wouldn't you take a screenshot of wiki/picture of textbook?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I don't care at all I just wanted to throw a pepper in his pants.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Pop the cmos battery out or try changing the jumper settings. Check yo manual.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

At least its not retail I guess. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

ilkhan posted:

But not FO4, because why would it be?

I grabbed new vegas, I'll play that until FO4 drops to a price I can live with.
Well its the only game that came out two weeks ago, GTA:V was released more than 6 months ago and everything else is years old.

• Locked thread