Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Since about 90% of their demands seem to be "say things we agree with" I don't think the demands are particularly onerous. They aren't calling for a bunch of people to be fired or anything.

The administration will still gently caress up their response, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

How are u posted:

Wait we can't say latino anymore?

Go ahead. Normal people won't freak out at you or anything.

How am I supposed to pronounce Latinx anyways?

Kanish posted:

what do you assume escalation of our protest will mean?

The administration will say some general blanket statement about how all students are encouraged to voice their opinions and safety of our students is the number one priority blah blah blah changing no actual real policy.

I dunno? Probably marches or some walk-outs/sit-ins. The protesters don't have a whole lot of actual power and I don't expect them to start bombing admin buildings.

Wicked Them Beats fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 13, 2015

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

How are u posted:

Yeah the whole xi or xer or whatever the gently caress tumbler is doing these days really puts me in the old man camp. I'm 100% cool with you choosing your gendered pronouns and will gladly refer to you as he or her or him or she but gently caress the rest of it.

Two is good enough.

I just use singular they. It's easiest and only pisses of people who think it's incorrect usage and are weird enough to bring it up.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

This is from a few pages back, but I'll vote for Ted Cruz if he filibusters with a full reenactment of the Princess Bride on the Senate floor.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

There is a France-Germany match at the stadium as well, so high profile target

Yeah President Hollande was there and has been evacuated.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

I'm seeing reports on twitter of a hostage situation at a concert hall.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

The SCOTUS thread is dead on page three, so I'll ask here, what's the current odds on the SCOTUS being terrible with the Texas issue?

Flip a coin.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Goons are fat and terrible.

But it's fascinating to see how little it takes to get goons railing against "oppression" in the same way right-wingers railed against Michelle Obama. Eat healthy???? gently caress YOUUUUUUUUUUU *shoves bacon into gaping maw*

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Cool we'll just talk about Republicans being dumb and racist.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Countdown until some poor Sikh gets his head bashed in because he has a beard and turban.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Current reports are that it's the eight attacker AND the mastermind behind the whole thing, plus maybe one other.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Yeah we did the tax holiday thing during the Bush admin in order to spur investment. Surprise surprise almost all of the repatriated funds went to shareholders and corporate bigwigs.

But hey, THIS time our corporate overlords will be magnanimous with their sudden windfall.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Hahaha what a wonderful source. I would like to donate to this wonderful group of constitutional scholars. How would I go about that? Oh, here we go:

quote:

Make them payable to "Jon Roland, trustee for the Constitution Society", or to one of our other trustees. Do not make checks payable to "Constitution Society". We don't have a bank account for the Constitution Society, and don't intend to get one unless or until we can find a banking institution independent of government control that does business in gold or silver. We can't accept checks made payable only to "Constitution Society". It is our principled position that banks on state territory that denominate in Federal Reserve "dollars" are unconstitutional. On state territory only gold or silver are constitutional legal tender, although we would accept certificates for gold or silver.

RON PAUL 2012 AUDIT THE FED

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Edit: ^^^^ Or bait this guy. He at least switches up his gimmick every now and again. Though it's been a bit heavy on the anti-Muslim stuff lately.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Ugh, this isn't as fun as watching fishmech immediately fly off the handle. Way to loving go, killjoy.

Just click the question mark under his username and read the billion other times he went on a pedantic tirade.

Besides baiting him is like fishing in a barrel with dynamite. Why even bother?

Wicked Them Beats fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 23, 2015

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

There are a number of exceptions written into law that protects information from being released/disclosed by an audit of the Federal Reserve. Here's what's currently excluded from an audit:

quote:

(1) transactions for or with a foreign central bank, government of a foreign country, or nonprivate international financing organization;
(2) deliberations, decisions, or actions on monetary policy matters, including discount window operations, reserves of member banks, securities credit, interest on deposits, and open market operations;
(3) transactions made under the direction of the Federal Open Market Committee; or
(4) a part of a discussion or communication among or between members of the Board and officers and employees of the Federal Reserve System related to clauses (1)–(3) of this subsection.

I suppose the argument for keeping this info privileged is that the Fed needs to do some things behind closed doors in order for their actions to be effective, or so that their actions can be done free from too much political pressure.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Talmonis posted:

:allears: Mayo Sandwiches. Is that a thing that White Folk are supposed to enjoy? Sounds dreadfully unpleasant for being so unhealthy.

Yeah, everyone knows white folk don't use mayo. We exclusively eat Miracle Whip sandwiches.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Are these suits outcomes determined by juries, or liberal activist judges?

Either, depending on how the parties involved want to handle it.

Or neither, since it'll almost definitely be settled out of court.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you get the city to pay out $15 million, doesn't that affect the city's budget and their ability to invest in important programs?

He won't get $15 mil and the city has a budget of over $200 mil so it won't be a huge deal.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Apparently shots have been fired at that protest at the police station in Minneapolis.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

No one knows anything and people are just retweeting whatever catches their eye. "Shots fired, some people hit," is just about all we know so far.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Link to police scanner audio: http://www.mnpoliceclips.com/audio-minneapolis-shooting-with-multiple-victims-1123.html

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

If my carrying a gun and silently stroking it while I stare at you with dead, vacant eyes frightens you, it isn't me who has the problem!

2ND AMENDMENT DON'T TREAD ON ME WATER THE TREE OF LIBERTY

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

They just need one juror to believe it and they're good to go.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

By itself no, but the TN HCP has name, address, and photo which is more than enough information to be used in combination with something else under the following provisions:

There is no reason she shouldn't have been able to board the flight unless she was refusing to give any other info besides the HCP.

She boarded after showing her Congressional Voting card. She wants the handgun permit to be sufficient on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

greatn posted:

I thought Joe Biden could override the parliamentarian as president of the senate.

I think he could preside over the Senate whenever he wants, but there are bound to be procedures for getting around him, and he can't sit in there forever.

• Locked thread