Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Ah, yes, combat knives, one of the most regulated industries in America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

quote:

The U.S. Constitution does not adequately define "arms". When it was adopted, "arms" included muzzle-loaded muskets and pistols, swords, knives, bows with arrows, and spears. However, a common- law definition would be "light infantry weapons which can be carried and used, together with ammunition, by a single militiaman, functionally equivalent to those commonly used by infantrymen in land warfare." That certainly includes modern rifles and handguns, full-auto machine guns and shotguns, grenade and grenade launchers, flares, smoke, tear gas, incendiary rounds, and anti-tank weapons, but not heavy artillery, rockets, or bombs, or lethal chemical, biological or nuclear weapons. Somewhere in between we need to draw the line. The standard has to be that "arms" includes weapons which would enable citizens to effectively resist government tyranny, but the precise line will be drawn politically rather than constitutionally. The rule should be that "arms" includes all light infantry weapons that do not cause mass destruction. If we follow the rule that personal rights should be interpreted broadly and governmental powers narrowly, which was the intention of the Framers, instead of the reverse, then "arms" must be interpreted broadly.

from https://www.constitution.org

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Litany Unheard posted:

Hahaha what a wonderful source. I would like to donate to this wonderful group of constitutional scholars. How would I go about that? Oh, here we go:

RON PAUL 2012 AUDIT THE FED

Ugh, this isn't as fun as watching fishmech immediately fly off the handle. Way to loving go, killjoy.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Litany Unheard posted:

Edit: ^^^^ Or bait this guy. He at least switches up his gimmick every now and again. Though it's been a bit heavy on the anti-Muslim stuff lately.

Just click the question mark under his username and read the billion other times he went on a pedantic tirade.

Besides baiting him is like fishing in a barrel with dynamite. Why even bother?

Fishing in a barrel with dynamite sounds really loving rad

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Racism is so pervasive that there are of course people who are otherwise intelligent who are horrifying racists. HP Lovecraft comes to mind - a beloved author, whose works are the foundation for a great deal of western horror, was a disgusting arch-racist. There are still people like this, because they live in a bubble of whiteness and never had any of their racist attitudes challenged.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Considering the Republicans this go-round are complete whack jobs we're in for a really interesting time.

I wonder who the shooter was voting for.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

It's good that they took him alive.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

DemeaninDemon posted:

He's so antigovernment that he's apolitical.

Evangelicals hate abortions for two reasons: 1) gently caress independent women 2) the GOP told them to.

Nope, there are true believers that really think it's killing a baby.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

an important thing to remember about the 'Tea Party is tearing the GOP apart' narrative is that we got the exact same message four years ago, when, hey, an overwhelming majority of the party was united against romney. Surely the establishment was doomed! Except that it turned out GOP voters didn't actually dislike romney, they just weren't that excited by him. When it came time to vote, they rallied solidly behind their candidate, just as usual.his behalf

Romney got spanked pretty good, though, and extreme polemics played into that absolutely.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Well thankfully the guy's still alive so eventually he's going to have to go on trial. There's going to be video of him on the stand screaming "I ain't no fuckin' transgender, sir" and talking about how Obama is a muslim usurper. This guy's crazy is so off the charts, politically relevant, and readily available that we might see some real poo poo if this guy's a dyed in the wool conservative.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Rexicon1 posted:

You are going to see MAYBE 5 minutes of coverage of this trial at best.

I bet Rachel Maddow alone gives him more than that. Either way, If I were a Republican candidate I would be praying that he doesn't say who he was going to vote for because that will definitely get headlines.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I think the problem now is that with Superpacs more fully formed now than before candidates that before were dropping out by this point are kept alive by super pac money so we'll get this weird divisiveness all through out the primary season. Like Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz will still be in this because their super pac.

Also interesting that this is not the case on the Democrat side. The lack of GOP control over their own party is actually starting to un-nerve me.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Joementum posted:

Only because it was clear a year ago that Hillary would run and win while it wasn't (and still isn't) clear who would win the Republican nomination.

I guess you don't remember how well Jeb was projected to do at the beginning of this thing. His superPAC money alone was supposed to scare away the smaller fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

DemeaninDemon posted:

"Hey lets shut down the government during the one time of year Americans buy all the poo poo!"

I have a really bad feeling about the numbers for christmas this year.

EDIT: ha ha ha ohhhh boy http://time.com/4128592/black-friday-sales-down/

• Locked thread