Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Has there been any confirmation of the Anonymous KKK leak? When the only source is an anonymously-written Pastebin document, it is ridiculous to treat this as anything more than National Enquirer-level fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

well i'm hosed, if memes are now illegal

edit: is goatman now copyrighted? what about 2girls1cup, since sa provided funding for it.

Not unless TPP is also retroactive.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Holy poo poo. The "Jeb! would kill baby Hitler" thing is real, not an Onion article?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

I saw on facebook that Ronda Rousey has endorsed Bernie Sanders.

Well, if it's on Huffington Post it must be true!

This is going to confuse so many men who objectify women and vote straight-ticket R.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Interestingly enough, fish is also not considered meat as far as Kosher laws are concerned, hence why you can eat a lox and cream cheese bagel with impunity. :v:

And thank Christ for that.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Fired President of Mizzou made the klansman thing up.

Dude, source this.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Rhesus Pieces posted:

As far as we know none of the attackers were actually Syrian refugees, correct? Has anyone in the public square actually pointed this out to people? Or are we just going to let this whole "ISIS is in Syria therefore all Syrians are in ISIS" nonsense continue until we have violence and calls for mass deportations?

This doesn't matter. It's one of the best current examples of "reality has a liberal bias".

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

tsa posted:

Not really a surprise, for me at least. If they push the issue and he vetos the bill and something happens it's the rights election to lose. Also calling people's legitimate fears about terrorism "hysteria" is exactly part of this problem and what is alienating the moderates.

I take issue with the notion that fears of terrorism are legitimate. How many acts of terror have been committed on US soil by first-generation immigrants, including 9-11? (I can think of two offhand -- 9-11 and the Boston Marathon bombings.) We as a country have decided to accept things that kill/injure far more Americans than terrorism.

We already vet refugees trying to enter the US legally (obviously can't screen the ones entering illegally). Why is this system suddenly insufficient because terrorists with false passports managed to infiltrate another country and radicalize citizens there?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

sean10mm posted:

It's a good thing genuine evil in real life is usually superbly stupid too.

I was trying to come up with a way to express that thought. If I recall correctly, many (most?) cases are solved just because the culprits are too incompetent to avoid leaving an obvious evidence trail.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

DemeaninDemon posted:

Halloween's losing ground so it's not long.

I think it was this thread that discussed the larger population share of non-religious people in the US. If we take modern Japan as the end point of that movement, then Halloween has nothing to fear. Thanksgiving will wind up being a casualty of secular Santa creep, but Halloween remains whatever the non-religious version of sacrosanct would be.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

Halloween involves candy, heavy drinking, skimpy clothing, and casual sex. It is going nowhere

Clearly we are doing Thanksgiving wrong as a country, then. :heysexy:

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Sucrose posted:

Well, there was a board investigating police misconduct in Chicago. Last year the Chicago PD pulled one of its members over and when they realized who he was, they turned off their cameras and literally beat the poo poo out of him and arrested him on a false charge.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09/24/suit-cops-mistreated-motorist-after-turning-off-dashboard-camera/

I didn't see anything about beating the poo poo out of anyone in that article, but I did see a clear violation of department policy in turning off the dash cams. Were the officers involved punished in any way for jeopardizing their/the public's safety in such a flagrant manner?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Remember that the FEC has outright stated they are not going to be able to actually do anything right now about campaign finance violations since they are deadlocked between Dems and Republicans.

Source please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

In other news, Martin Shkreli continues to be a turd [tw: gawker]

http://gawker.com/pharmaceuticals-r...dium=socialflow

He quietly bought into a dying biotech company (dying = shorted heavily), announced he was going to invest in it which shot the stock price up 4000% when everyone who shorted panicked and bought shares to run away, lent his shares out for more short selling, and then announced he was recalling them which shot the price up further. In the meantime, short sellers (who are vultures but a lesser evil here) all lost their rear end and Shkreli runs away an ownership stake worth God knows how much. Is the company actually going to survive? Who cares.

You know, I can't even be mad at this. He's taking advantage of people who are trying to game the stock market in the short term (like, minutes to hours?). So he is essentially using Jedi mind tricks on them and getting them to do his bidding. If you make panicked buy/sell decisions on what are almost penny stocks then you kind of deserve to be fleeced.

• Locked thread