Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

QuoProQuid posted:

That's actually really cute. Paul Ryan really seems to care about his family.

Uhhh... having a sitting member of Congress in the KKK seems like a pretty big deal. Has any news outlet picked up on this alleged leak and has Wilson himself responded?

I don't see any news articles about this.

I think you'd need more proof than a strategically placed name on a possibly-fake list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

NNick posted:

I still enjoy the show, but I feel like I am watching a man descend into watching more and more Fox News.

He's been South Park for years. It turns out that for white middle-class male Democrats, that's what they want to hear: Muslim hate, transgender hate, and black people hate.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

CortezFantastic posted:

Maher has sucked since as long as I've been alive. Speak for yourself, weirdo

As a white middle-class Democrat, I

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

awesmoe posted:

You might ask yourself which party he will peel votes from, but that begs the important question

I think he'd have to have people who were going to vote for him in the first place to peel votes. I couldn't tell you what he stands for beyond "I'm angry" and we've already got Trump.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

But they're ones that I don't like! Of course this unsourced anonymous pastebin file telling me to commit political violence is authentic. If it's good enough for the sans-culottes it's good enough for me.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

There's the story of Ollie North deleting Iran-Contra emails from his computer and not knowing they were backed up on tape. You can buy them! Or you could in 1995.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

The November 5 list will probably be more complete and should have enough to determine the full veracity of the list. I'd assume that Anon themselves believes it's legit since there's nothing in it for the group to undermine themselves as a whole. If a few of them seek to tank the whole, however, this is probably the way to do it beyond an outright outing of other members.

Anyone can put whatever they want online and say they're from Anonymous.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Honestly Trump's too dangerous to be entertaining. He's constantly preaching xenophobia and hating "others" and I can see him riling up his supporters enough for them to assault someone who looks Mexican or Muslim.

They already beat up Hispanic protesters at their events.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

That list is also as 4chan would say "fake and gay" since one of the alleged KKK members, the mayor of Knoxville, is an LGBT activist who worked with Cesar Chavez among other things. It's just a list of random politicians' contact info someone found on Pastebin that's been there since June.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

A confederate flag supporter bombed a Wal-Mart's vestibule in Tupelo.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Idaho Man is trying to steal Florida Man's crown.

quote:

A Subaru station wagon struck a bull on a highway Sunday just north of Council, a town of about 800 people, and Adams County sheriff's deputies responded to the crash. The injured bull began charging emergency responders as they worked to get the driver and passenger out of the car, said Idaho State Police, which is investigating the shooting.

"The bull was very agitated and was aggressive to emergency services, as well as the other cars coming up and down the highway," Adams County Sheriff Ryan Zollman said.

Jack Yantis, the bull's owner, arrived with a rifle just as deputies decided to put down the animal. An altercation ensued, and Yantis and two deputies all fired their weapons, state police said in a statement.

Yantis died at the scene, and one deputy suffered a minor injury. The bull also was shot and killed.

You can't shoot my bull! :commissar:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

No elections here to vote for or revolutions to start.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

That sucks for the family. :(

Also it's a little bit telling about the world we live in that a polling place is optimally convenient for older people who can afford heath care.

Our polling places are almost always set up in the gymnasiums of churches here in Florida.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

wilderthanmild posted:

Why do your churches have gymnasiums?

So you can play basketball? :confused:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

BurntCornMuffin posted:

The money for it was raised "to help bring poor children who have yet to see the light of Christ into the congregation and get them off the street."

After it's built, it's exclusively used for well-to-do (white) congregation members kids and purity balls.

Actually it's an ugly cinder block building where you hung out after school to shoot hoops until your mom picked you up.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

http://www.aging.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/TuringDocumentRequest.pdf

Everyone's favorite drug kingpin Martin Shkreli has been summoned before the Senate Aging Committee to explain why his drug costs so much.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

you're a page late luigi!

Sorry, I was held up by the Chicago savages shooting everything in sight. Highly inconvenient.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

TheQat posted:

apparently jeb can fix it just said "building a wall is not the answer. but it's partially the answer" at a campaign event in NH

this guy really can't do anything right

He got heckled by people over his tax plan (cut them all) too. He's so good at campaigning.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I don't know why you think the GOP will die with old people. Meet the littlest xenophobe.

quote:

She was about four feet tall and dressed like an American Girl Doll, in a peacoat and newsboy hat. She was missing several teeth, and she smiled proudly as she held a sign in the air. It was hand-drawn, and it had taken her about an hour to make. It was decorated with glittery stars. In blue and red marker she wrote, “MAKE AMERICA GREAT! DONALD TRUMP.”

She said her name was Averie, she was in the second grade and her favorite subject in school was English. Her mom, who looked like a Real Housewife but claimed to be a magician’s assistant, stood nearby and introduced herself as Renee Paige of Saddle River, New Jersey. (She said she couldn’t say which magician she assisted, but that he was very well known).

“Yes, I took her out of school today for this special occasion,” she said. “She wants to meet Trump so badly.”

She likes Trump because he would “make America great again,” in the words of his campaign slogan, and said that if it were up to her, she would made America great again by banning drugs and smoking.

“I like the kind of stuff he says,” she smiled.

“I want him to—what?” she looked up at Dawn, who was coaching her through the questions reporters asked her.

“I want him to fix the economy, right?” she asked.

Speaking slowly, careful not to get anything wrong, she continued, looking to Dawn for guidance all the while.

“And… illegal aliens… and only let people that I know into the country… other people into the country are bad, like ISIS… you cannot let them in.”

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Petr posted:

Didn't Rubio's parents flee from Batista's government?

They left in '56 to seek better fortunes. All his ads during his Senate campaign said he left in '59 to flee Castro.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You know, we shouldn't even try. It's already written in stone.

Really, we should just accept that Republicans are going to win and start voting for them.

(And no, Sargent was really skeptical of Conway winning easily or at all.)

Let's just check my email...

Democratic Party emails posted:

ALL HOPE IS LOST
REPUBLICANS WIN
Planned Parenthood DEFUNDED
Social Security SLASHED
Social Security checks GONE
Obamacare GONE

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Meanwhile, your Republican front runner.

quote:

At the 1998 commencement for Andrews University, a school associated with Seventh-day Adventist Church, Carson also dismissed the notion that aliens were somehow involved in the construction of the pyramids.

"My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain," Carson said. "Now all the archeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs' graves. But, you know, it would have to be something awfully big if you stop and think about it. And I don't think it'd just disappear over the course of time to store that much grain."

In the Old Testament, Joseph, one of the 12 sons of Jacob, is sold into slavery in Egypt by his jealous brothers. He eventually rose to become a top aide to the Egyptian Pharaoh, advising him of a dream vision he had of coming years of famine in the ancient kingdom. Joseph's sage advise of the coming famine (and directions to store gain) helped the Egyptians survive the famine.

Carson said the design of the pyramids made clear it was for grain storage.

"And when you look at the way that the pyramids are made, with many chambers that are hermetically sealed, they'd have to be that way for various reasons. And various of scientists have said, 'well, you know there were alien beings that came down and they have special knowledge and that's how-' you know, it doesn't require an alien being when God is with you."

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Bribery made easy.

quote:

Then, U.S. Rep. Fred Upton, a Michigan Republican who chaired the House Energy Committee, gave the industry an opportunity to amplify its influence. Joining forces with Sen. Lisa Murkowski, the Alaska Republican who chaired the Senate Energy Committee, he launched a so-called joint fundraising committee, a campaign war chest that would accept donations from a range of contributors, with the proceeds divided between the two lawmakers.

Executives at one of the nation’s largest natural gas pipeline companies soon deposited more than $83,000 into the joint fund’s coffers. The very next day, Upton delivered on the industry’s aspirations: He rushed a bill through his legislative panel that would not only streamline the approval process for new pipelines but also empower federal officials to impose tight deadlines on state and local governments seeking to review their potential environmental impacts.

Joint fundraising committees, which pool donations and then distribute them to their overseers, have been around for years, but they have typically been organized to help political parties raise money in bunches or to enable multiple lawmakers serving the same geographic area to share donations, making fundraising more efficient. The Murkowski-Upton committee presented an innovation: a joint fundraising committee organized around specific public policy, appearing to link the influx of money from a powerful special interest to a particular set of legislative goals.

I'm sure this has been going on forever but they at least had the decency to hide it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

"Say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud."

The Irish are the blacks of Europe. And the Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. And the northern Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once and say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Who the hell is left once Carson and Trump flame out? Rubio? He's scary.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Raerlynn posted:

Isn't this the kind of thing stolen valor groups kick your rear end for? Like I get it wasn't actual military service, but lying about getting into a prestigious officer school ought to be worth some kind of outrage.

You mean by some kind of group of West Point graduates for truth?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

weekly font posted:

In 88(?) Diamond Joe had to drop out of the Presidential race cause he lifted parts of a campaign speech without citing them. In 2015 who gives a gently caress make up your whole backstory like you're the goddamn Joker.

This is why I don't believe any polls or anything about the future of either party. We're so far beyond anything resembling normalcy.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The 18 year old who stabbed four people at UC Merced left behind a detailed plan. He did it because he was angry about being kicked out of a study group. His master plan was to zip cuff students in a classroom to desks, wait for the police, and spray petroleum jelly on the ground so they would slip and fall and he would take their guns and shoot everyone.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

In other news, a woman was arrested at an Applebee's in Minnesota for smashing a mug in the face of a Muslim for speaking Muslim.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

To be fair, the article just says 'foreign language', so may not be bigoted against muslims, she could hate mexicans.

:911:

Huh, other articles I found said the victim was Muslim.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

There's a protest at the University of Missouri right now over anti-semitism among the student body. Someone drew a swastika made out of poo poo on a dorm room wall. The university refuses to do anything about that or other racist activities.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/government-politics/article43438974.html#storylink=fb_staff

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

fknlo posted:

I think Carson might get a bump from all this poo poo. Right wing media seems to be doubling down on it all and asking why Obama never faced the same kind of scrutiny.

Even lefty media is like "well Carson is bad but politico is also full of poo poo" so I don't think this is going to hurt him with people who were already going to vote for him at all.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

So they're trying to figure out whether or not they should charge like an entire high school with CP charges after finding that everyone was trading naked photos of each other at a high school. It was centered on the football team, as usual. They even had point values assigned to photos and bragged about their collections, stored in phone apps that hide photos. Someone found out about it via an anonymous tip. Some people were just sending girls unsolicited dick pics and asking for pics of themselves in response. It's so big that they don't know what to do about it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Remember the story a week or so ago about the Idaho rancher who got into a shootout with cops over his dying bull? Turns out that wasn't the whole story.

The cops shot the bull with M16s but didn't kill it because they are dumb. The rancher arrived and took out his rifle to finish off the bull cleanly. One officer turned him around by grabbing the rifle while he had his finger on the trigger and he incidentally pointed his rifle at the officers and may have accidentally fired it pointed at the ground, which was enough for them to light him up and put a gun to his nephew's head. Oh and his wife had a heart attack at the scene.

Is calling for the brutal murder of all police still frowned upon?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

What's the percentage of non-white students at Mizzou?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Your AirBNB hovel may not be up to the latest building and safety standards and will probably kill you. Fortunately you will get a full refund.

https://medium.com/matter/living-and-dying-on-airbnb-6bff8d600c04

WONTFIX: caveat emptor

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Yeah in the article it talks about how if the airbnb people had tried to become a bed and breakfast instead they would have had to deal with inspections for safety, including landscaping.

Yeah but that cuts into profits. DISRUPTION

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Joementum posted:

Seems like a weird approach to drawing attention to a cause.

A combination of paranoia and knowing the media will spin it into some RACIAL UNREST thing like CNN did?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Amergin posted:

Expelling racist students is laissez faire?

Furthermore how exactly do you get "ahead" of the situation?

Bobby Conn has a recommendation:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rm9dzLxLvxc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Teflon Don posted:

Swastikas and the "cool S" are a pretty common feature in bathrooms across America. I know this as a toiletlord you see.

As a toilet given human form, I

wait

• Locked thread