Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

OMFG FURRY posted:

good design, just wrong use of it

wtf is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Germstore posted:

It's a solar furnace. That's just the collector. There are mirrors on surrounding hills reflecting sunlight into it.

e:

so it's focusing a solar death ray in that guys office?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

nomadologique posted:

THANKS STEVE JOBS

who?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

nomadologique posted:

what ist he spout on the side of the big one?

lmao what an epic fail

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
hey look 10 pages of autistic goons talking about operating systems and worrying someone might see their micropenises

let me vote this 5

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

mostlygray posted:

I worked at a company that had a gap so wide in one of the stalls that I had to use my sport coat to block the gap. It was the worst I've ever seen. The gap at the bottom was so high, that I had to keep my trousers all the way up to the toilet to block my unmentionables. I had a method for hanging my coat on the handle and then wedging part of it into the corner so that I didn't have to see people staring at me.

I've not seen many urinal dividers in the US. We usually just piss in full view. I even remember a urinal trough at a grain elevator that was round and doubled as a hand washing station. There was a foot pedal for water and soap above. It's basically pissing in a sink where everyone can see each-others dicks.

Found a picture of one.
http://i.imgur.com/BGgqEVT.jpeg

thats just a sink you idiot

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

is this seriously a thing? What does everyone do when they are stopped? why wouldn't you just put a roundabout in like every other country?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

thathonkey posted:

there are some roundabouts in the US but nobody know to use them so it's usually a massive failure. to be fair they didnt teach roundabouts when i was learning to drive here.

4 way stops suck. if you're lucky, that tiny sign that says "all way" underneath the main octagon but a lot of time they are missing for some reason for another so generally the best way to tell if it's a 4-way is to look at all the ends of the intersection and make sure they appear to have stop signs too :thumbsup:

when people arrive at a 4-way stop at the same time, whoever got there first goes first. a lot of times it is ambiguous when you pull up at the same time and in that situation eventually somebody will take the initiative and just go. they're not dangerous, just horribly stupid and cause massive traffic congestion whenever they're used at critical intersections that really should have a light.

you look to your left and if there is a car coming then you stop. If there isn't a car coming then you drive through

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
even complicated roundabouts like this one are very simple

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

thathonkey posted:

i get it. it's really simple. i'm just saying in the US whenever i encounter them (which is rare) usually if there are other people on the roundabout they're doing something wrong. for eg. lots of people stop or slow down in the round when they see someone waiting ahead at one of the entry points in order to let them in.

just because a goon pisses in the sink doesnt mean we shouldnt wash our hands

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX9eX1e5SwI

me irl

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Germstore posted:

That Swindon roundabout- what the gently caress- has science gone too far?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Modest Mauser posted:

That looks rather fun, quite frankly.

:agreed:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
The arc du triomphe is definitely the world most brutal roundabout.

12 arterial roads and approximately 10 unmarked lanes

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Princess RALPH!! posted:

I honestly think this looks gorgeous, but good lord the traffic clusterfuck!

Edit: What is the faucet on the right for?

It actually works quite well. The real hilarious Paris traffic fuckup is having the central thoroughfare a one way system with the river in the middle

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

tardwrangler posted:

Clevis and Buttplug

im the pivot rod

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

boom boom boom posted:

Why does the car have a picture of itself inside itself?

well brace yourself for this

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

boom boom boom posted:

Is that the key? Is the Tesla key a tiny model of the car it unlocks?

correct

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

enraged_camel posted:

also, fuckin lol at people who think Tesla has "bad design"

like really lmao, talk about sour grapes

i couldnt get the door open because it has no door handles and the key has no button

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i love to drive around in a giant ipad

-some goon

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I've been moved to a new flat and it has a number of things that belong in this thread

For example wtf is this?

It is a tv? In the extraction fan?

RideTheSpiral fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Nov 13, 2015

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Hobelhouse posted:

Table breaking makes me furious

Phone posting. better?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Farmland Park posted:

I don't have pictures, but when I was looking for an apartment in Shanghai, I saw several where the toilet was inside the kitchen, to save room.

Cold water washing machines which are popular in China (and Asia), like, what's even the point of a cold water washing machine? "Oh I don't want to clean my clothes, I just occasionally make them wet from time to time"

if you use hot water to wash your clothes you should probably kill yourself

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

this is a metaphor for marriage. at the end is death

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

A misanthrope posted:

you know who else was "efficient"

:godwin:

I give up

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

thathonkey posted:

What is the best designed big city?

soviet cities were well designed because they incorporated community into design so they have good public spaces but are also quite dense unlike lovely America planned cities

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Present posted:

Yeah they also didn't account for this many people owning cars and now that situation is all kinds of hosed up.

this is the same in all cities though but at least they have decent public transport generally.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
goodluck anyone that wants to rewind a podcast by a minute on an iphone. cracking piece of design.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

boom boom boom posted:

Europeans will put up with a lot of stupid terrible bullshit. Half you guys got absorbed by the Nazi empire.

never heard of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

The General posted:

Get a decent podcatcher. Most of them have a rewind by a bunch of seconds buttons. My current one is 10 seconds. Whatever I had on my iPhone was 30 seconds.

yeah but im sick of have a million apps on my phone. why can't they just design their thing to do the only thing it does

• Locked thread