Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

Mitch was a lot nicer in the early episodes I think

For real, I can't tell if the dude despises the podcast or himself more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Jensen going to both iterations of Yoshinoya is great. I drove by the La Cienega one for the first time last month and was blown away by how nice it looked compared to all the other gross ones around town. Speaking of making GBS threads your pants, the Santa Monica/Western one he went to is a great place to take a poo poo if you're ever driving around Hollywood with bubble guts.

I had no idea such a thing existed. I loved Yoshinoya growing up but it was certainly trash.

I've been catching up and so glad the greatest podcast is back in normal mode. Nick+Mitch not knowing how eggs work might be a new high for podcasting.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Still behind, but lollin at Nick being from SoCal but not knowing about the checkered flag at Baja Fresh representing the Baja 500.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

I wish Mitch would relax with being such a bully because I think that would give him a much more effective position from which to make fun of nick for being an infantile creep who wants a "tasty treat"

I wish Mitch would go somewhere with the cuck bit he gets so drat aggressive with it.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

Mitch's reliance on that bit is the same reason we have a word filter on these very forums for it, it goes from "HaHA, zinged" to "ugh still with this huh" pretty quick.
Lol I was gonna edit mine back but thought it was much funnier to leave it.

Drunkboxer posted:

I like it but I like the pedophilia angle more, also the weird spider loving thing.
Agreed. But he should just make fun of Nick for cumming in his neighbors sheets and giving them back to her like every moment someone isn't talking. Just a little lull in the conversation..."voluminous".

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

People who don't like In n Out fries are ones who don't like homemade fries. Fries aren't normally like McDonalds.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Dear Sergio posted:

I've lost count of how many of his friends wives Mitch is openly courting.

Ferguson's Doughboys word smithing made the whole danged episode. The Diner Draft was peak Doughboys: absurd, pointless, unbounded by any sorta rules.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

It was everything I coulda hoped for. Sean guarded and sarcastic the whole time. Spectacular meta-disdain for podcasts in general. "Is this how you do this?" and "we should do this on our show". Hayes showing he studied and dropping super-specific references to old eps. I have never heard Nick so knocked off his game, it was transcendent.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Even with their disgusting wet cat food tacos, Jack in the Box is 4.5 forks for me. Tons of variety, 20 year ad campaign that's legitimately funny at times, and the best, most original fast food sandwich on this Earth: The Sourdough Jack.

Dude definitely did Jack in the Box proud. Got exactly what was great about it. The ephemeral, here today gone tomorrow menu items are half the fun.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I went to the Doughboys taping at Sketchfest yesterday. Taco Bell 2 with Jon Gabrus, and there's a super heartwarming surprise at the end.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

n8r posted:

Is super heartwarming a treatment for a heart attack? Who had it Mitch or Gabrus?
Gabrus roasted Mitch super hard for being a fat slob, like he had already thought of many of the jokes in relation to him.

But the surprise was Wiger had arranged for all the boys in Quincy to make a short video and Wootang and some other dude were actually in the audience

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

mennoknight posted:

HE'S GOT A GUN

That one was kinda crazy to yell out in a crowded, tiny theater. Everyone looked around real quick, then kinda laughed.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

100% absolutely delightful. Sean saying "I don't drink" at every opportunity was perfect. Mitch never being quite sure when they were being sarcastic. Hayes's most effusive praise ever, "they know what to do to make the food taste good". Perfect ep.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Idk if you guys have checked reviews for Fist Fight, but it is getting trashed. And I have never seen lovely writing and plot be called out so much in a comedy review. http://www.fresnobee.com/entertainment/movies-news-reviews/article132725339.html

quote:

The difference is the writing for the movie and the unimaginative directing show no signs of intelligent life. In the case of “Fist Fight,” you could put one monkey in a room with a laptop, and the monkey would accidentally create a script with more smart laughs than created by Robichaux and Susser.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

And if you read the reviews they're always mad the comedy movie is making jokes.
Lmao that is so true. It's always like beat-by-beat retelling of the movie, every so often saying "this was so stupid". So I guess it's always implicitly making GBS threads on the writers.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/dont-subject-yourself-to-mean-humor-free-fist-fight/

Richard Roeper posted:

Zero stars

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

little munchkin posted:

every comedy that's not a Will Ferrell or Judd Apatow thing gets awful reviews no matter what so I wouldn't look to much into it. Wet Hot American Summer and Super Troopers got awful reviews as well.
Idk my dude. On one hand I totally feel you, but for some reason I don't think Fist Fight is gonna have the quirky weirdness of a WHA, not certain this one is for the comedy nerdy. Unless I hear good things from Work Friend Kevin, I'll catch when it hits cable.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

n8r posted:

Talking about quitting the podcast, hating how much they are doing it, then announcing patreon with extra episodes.

Ya, and they're so sullen and depressed this episode, it really wasn't a great advertisement for their patreon.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Most accurate advertisement thoguh
Hahah, very true. I feel like they had some heavy conversation right before recording, because the first half is so drab. They're not insulting eachother at all, agreeing with eachother's premises, it's very strange.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Just finished IKEA episode about pie in this guy? Is Mitch actually that slow?

Him guessing non-existent pies is one of my favorite things about the show.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Didn't even get to Wenger, Podcast lost me at "Project Managing software"...

Ha, Will's latent computer obsession, getting out of programming but still checking in on it every so often, is great to me. He apologies 90% of time, saying he's sorry to be talking about something so dumb. It's a really endearing podcast. I don't listen every week, but I think it's of the more compelling shows. But my favorites are also the ones where they break the form, and just have Mantzoukas or Walsh just nerd out about the start of UCB.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I don't like how improv guys have all trained themselves to never talk about craft because nobody in the actual world cares... but everyone listening to your dumb podcast does care.

Haha EXACTLY! Like, I get the conceit of the podcast, but it is kinda universal to comedy podcasts, they all seem embarrassed to really dig in to it. But who the hell else is listening to this stuff besides comedy nerds? I mean, I read the UCB manual just for the fun of it, I have no intention of ever performing.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Hick Wiger is like... an actual Mike Hanford character.

ahahah when he left and came back "I couldn't find him" I had the exact same thought. I can see why people think Wiger's such a high level, brainy comedian.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

New season is out of control. I thought Hotel and Roanoke were peak but daaaaamn

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Much like the Burger Boy, I love being pedantic, so I think it's important for you to know that circuit bent speak n spells go beyond Current 93.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

little munchkin posted:

any episode where mitch says he was 20 minutes late for something, then nick says well actually you were almost 40 minutes late, and then mitch is like well yea but I only left 20 minutes late, the traffic was worse than I expected

That is absolutely my favorite Mitch move, to have the tone and indignation of "I was absolutely not late!" but what he says is "well there was kind of a reason i was late"

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Hayes dippin his shrimp in water is some high level competitive eating move, really shows how much more Sean and Hayes really came to play.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Popete posted:

People from Austin seem really hostile to anyone not born there.

There's a huge influx of tech dorks taking away their "keep austin weird" spirit

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mitch's It criticisms were right on the money, he's just inarticulate as hell.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

Which would be better, Doughboys TV being:

a) A show where they find out-of-the-way yet unpretentious places to eat ("It's just Diners Drive-Ins & Dives but with us, the Doughboys!")
b) A show where they basically do the podcast but outside the confines of LA ("We're travelling across the country to sample Amerca's favorite regional and hyper-local chains!")
c) A show where they make a big deal about travelling and then only eat at massive chains that exist everywhere ("What better place than the 'Big Apple' to check out Applebee's!")

If I remember from that little clip they played before, I bet it'd be more like Jonah Ray's show, where it's fictional and going places to eat is just a setting for the comedy.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Matt Lindland posted:

Not only does Mitch not drink water, he buys 2 liter bottles of Mountain Dew, pours out the Mountain Dew, fills them with milk, then drinks that.

Birthday Boys is like my favorite show in the last decade, and that was perhaps the greatest bit

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Ya, exactly. In socal, they have all sorts of deals to try and entice you, or even better, you know someone who can get you in for free. Teenagers and college kids go to ironically enjoy it + do drugs.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Unmature posted:

What should I get for my first Del Taco meal?

California burrito, then a soft and hard taco to get to know the basics.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I jsut tried the Kettle Corn Oreos after the rave reviews on this weeks episode. They are disgusting and the gross fake caramel flavor is awful and chemical-ly like all the other special oreos. The doughboys have broken taste buds.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Dr.Radical posted:

I liked the Scott Aukerman ep
What?!!?

e: oh i thought you meant Scotty Auks on Doughboys, I was very excited I had missed that. He's a former fat guy, I would love to hear him talk about a fast food place

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Naw, bet it's just it being on paywall-free Earwolf.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

What was the roguelike Yusong mentioned when talking about LPs in the last Double?
Slay The Spire is dope. It's a MTG/Hearthstone like card game, but you build up your deck in a cool way as you make your way through a dungeon.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Unmature posted:

Was anyone here at BugCon?

I didn't catch much of the livestream, but I assume Greggy went.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

WerthersWay posted:

Is today’s ep the first time a host almost had to pause the recording to take a poo poo?

Ya on Action Boyz they just keep going if someone shits.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I love Bryan and Brett on this episode - if anything I want to see those dudes review chain restaurants while Mitch and Wiger attempt to explain the complex world of labor relations.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Piquai Souban posted:

It was very good and the energy was contagious - very low on spoilers and they plan to do a part 2.

Ya Nick and Matt go nowhere near the end, so Heather doesn't wanna spoil it for them. One of the joys of DS is how weird it is, and how you eventually just suspend your disbelief and go on this crazy ride in this world, so that might break it a bit for you, but there's really nothing I'd call a "spoiler".