Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

DOOP posted:

Realizing Bender is a PF/C instead of a SG is a lot less fun

I've never watched Simmons play, but is his passing as good as people say it is and could he play PG at all?

The guy is 6'10" and 230lbs, if you think he'll be able to guard westbrook or Curry or Lillard or literally any other nba point guard you're crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

So what's the chance that the Sixers will move away from Hinkie's "process" even more by moving a pick or two for a veteran? Since the only thing funnier than running a bottoming-out scheme is to abandon it for once that definitely won't work.

Hiring Coangelo literally changes nothing about what the Sixers are doing.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'm firmly on the Ben Simmons bandwagon. Out of all of his skills, his rebounding is what transcends him from a great prospect to an amazing one. It cannot be said enough how impossible to defend a guy who can immediately go from rebounding to pushing a fastbreak. It's one of the reasons why Draymond Green has been so effective this season.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

Kris Dunn screams second round pick, probably in the back half. That sound about right?

He is projected to go like 5-10, dude.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tadashi posted:

What video game music is used in the intro to Vesley's mixtape?

Video game? That's the Power Rangers Theme, son.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

He is pretty athletic and has a huge wingspan. He has the tools to be a good wing defender has enough offensive potential to make teams bite. Someone may thing he can run an offense (he can't)

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Brice Johnson is going to be the guy who is going to play himself into a hilariously high draft pick, isn't he?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If the Celtics whiff on 1 or 2, do you guys think they go for Buddy if they are 3,4, or 5? Seems like their best option. It's always weird when a good team has a high draft pick and can justify not taking the highest upside guys.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Ty1990 posted:

Probably but Simmons is athletic enough and a good enough ball handler that he can play almost anywhere on the court.

He can probably defend 3s, but if you play simmons with Okafor and Noel you're going to have a real bad time on offense.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rick posted:

I think the best fit for SImmons is probably the Suns or the Timberwolves (where Towns probably compliments him very well), or the Celtics (although he may not play much initially with them if they're still trying to win).

This times a million. Wiggins/Simmons/Towns would be an absolute sick core. They would have to dump Rubio for literally any point guard that can shoot, and would need a good mix of rotating 3/D guys but that team would be scary good in 2 years.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rick posted:

I just don't see it. If anything Minnesota has the most potential to put Ingram in a situation that will expose a lot of his weaknesses. He needs to go somewhere that's going to make him the focus of their offense and not ask him to play the 4 or the 2 for at least a couple years and forget any sort of small ball scenario.

Brandon Ingram's best fits are most definitely the Lakers or the Suns. He needs to be the focal point of the offense where he goes.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Draft just got a bit more interesting. Bender has told Maccabi that he's not coming back.

David Pick – ‏@IAmDPick

NBA buyout to free Dragan Bender, source said, over $1 million. He is done with Europe, not a draft-and-stash.

7:12 AM - 6 Apr 2016

Eh, I don't honestly think it changes much. Guy's gonna go 3-5 regardless. Maybe the Celtics look at him a bit harder now.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

Nick Stauskas was a 9 pick in a loaded draft.

1, 2, 3 nik rules!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

You guys are currently projected to take the big white forward from marquette

so like 95% of all big white forwards he's gonna be poo poo?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rick posted:

My coworker who stalks 8th graders follows long-term college recruiting says there aren't isn't any generational talent in at least the next three years. That seems insane, but how soon do people typically start projection such aspirations on players?

iirc, no one cared about Anthony Davis until his Junior year so anything is possible. Also "Generational Talent" sounds like a thing that should only happen like once a decade or so so that kind of checks out to me.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

It's sick when you remind people that Ben Simmons scored 20 points a game on 60% true shooting with 12 rebounds and 5 assists on a terrible team

But he can't shoot and is a loser!!!!!!11!!!11

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tatankatonk posted:

So what are the odds the Lakers lose their pick

Not high enough.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Celtics should probably trade pick #3 or take Buddy, to be honest. I have no idea what the sixers are going to do because regardless of who they draft their best 3 players are going to be Centers or Power Forwards, with 2 more possibly coming onto the team. They really have to trade Okafor or Noel. Probably Noel.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Metapod posted:

Blake Griffin without the posterizing dunks

This is actually really accurate.

Rick posted:

Ingram will be an SF if his quickness is adequate for the NBA. Otherwise he's going to have to be a stretch 4, and he's way undersized (from a strength perspective) for that.

Simmons could easily be a late 80s early 90s style basket slash 3. It'd look a little funny in a modern offense but at the Sixers are managed by a bunch of old dudes who would probably be willing to give a throwback offense a try.

I doubt Simmons will stick at the 3, especially if they are playing both Noel and Okafor.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 18, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

The sixers consider Okafor a 4 so.. Idk.

In an interview with Zack Lowe (Maybe Bill simmons?) Brett Brown stated that playing Okafor at the 4 was both an experiment, and a symptom of their lovely roster and that in no way do he or the sixers consider him a viable option at the 4 in the future.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Doltos posted:

Is everyone sure Dragan Bender is real?

I mean it's always possible he is some kind of fictional being. Or a horse in a man-suit.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Our only PG under contract just got arrested for domestic violence. Odds on Minny and NO both passing on Dunn??

I'd say pretty goddamn low. I'd say it's more likely that Bender falls to than Dunn. Murray will probably be off the board as well.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

now it's just 6'9 at every position

If watching the NBA the past 6 years has taught me anything, it's that height ultimately doesn't matter and it's all about wingspan.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Metapod posted:

You know who else was 7' and 225 lbs? That's right you guessed it Frequency Vibrations he's a PG

He'll bust because of that bad apple Victor Van Lier.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

Sixers met with Ben Simmons yesterday so I guess that psychodrama is over.

He also added TWENTY POUNDS OF MUSCLE!!!!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What the hell is below Bust.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rick posted:

I can see Bennett getting one more chance next preseason. Especially if he is competent with Team Canada that is probably going to get an at large bid even if they fail to qualify.

There are not a lot of roster spots open to players who can't shoot, run or defend.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I still think Buddy goes 3 to the Celtics.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Ty1990 posted:

Stein reporting that it's highly unlikely Rich Paul would have allowed Simmons to workout for Philly without a promise.

This was expected but still it makes me so happy.

Presumptive number 1 pick goes number 1, more at 11.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Thon Maker is my pick for the "bismack Biyombo memorial award" aka "the guy who is really bad when initially drafted but will randomly be kind of ok after 4 years" award

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

aBagorn posted:

gently caress that.

I'm probably higher on Noel than most, but even so, his game (fast paced transition) meshes better with Simmons than Okafor's (slow, back to the basket post ISOs, needs the ball in his hands), to my untrained eye

It doesn't matter because Embiid is going to be starting and he will hit a million pick and pop 3s with Simmons.

e: also if the 76ers trade for number three there is almost no way it's not to draft Dunn.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

as you will see on the previous page, Marquese Chriss has 20,000 tweets and a photo of a horse loving a wolf in a walmart. So yeah, he's that guy.

I didn't know Marquese chriss posted in GBS

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Why the gently caress would the Celtics trade for two more first round picks?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

He didn't know he was being drafted here? Maybe Ainge did pull a trade.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kris Dunn is from New London? That place is a dump.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Toronto Rap-tores

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

VLADE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

Two Doug McDermotts tripping over each other's screens for eternity

Imagine four Doug McDermotts on the edge of a cliff...

Basketball works the same way.

• Locked thread