Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

And as suspected, FW has put up a ton of army deals to combine with the box. No idea if they have any savings, but since it's FW... probably!

I dig the pictures of the Betrayal at Calth marines painted as different legions on the page for each Task Force.

A lot of them seem pretty rushed though like the Dark Angels and the Salamanders.

edit: I think the White Scars have some of the coolest looking upgrade kits. Those helmets are off the chain.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I know batch painting can be a chore for a lot of people, and it lends to lazy paint jobs from time to time. It's just funny to see such low quality come out from FW/GW, but I can understand why it ended up like that.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Other than the Dark Angel sergeant, the standard bearer is probably my favorite paint job from all the Task Forces.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

FrostyPox posted:

The boardgame, though? Pass.

I applaud them for the effort on packing Warhammer 30,000 with its own game which may or may not suck.

:downsbravo:

Too bad no one is going to pick up Betrayal at Calth for anything other than the plastic.

Safety Factor posted:

That is the sergeant. I'm guessing you mean the bare-headed dude with the plasma gun who is even worse.

You can just tell the guy who painted it was under a deadline or gave zero fucks.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 7, 2015

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's a real beautiful looking gang of murderers and space rapists.

Night Lords have been a day dream legion for me. I want to paint lightening bolts all over Heresy era power armor but I'm also 99% certain if I tried to paint gore it would just look loving terrible.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

IIRC Word Bearers were all red by Calth.

During Istvaan it was majority just the Gal Vorbak.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ijyt posted:

The more I think about it the more fun World Eaters would be to paint, though my issue is I only really know about the lore of very few chapters. What are some good books to read for EC, WE, WB and SoH? I've only read (listened to) Horus Rising and I'm kind of put off the others because of people saying anything that isn't by Abnett is poo poo.

EC: Fulgrim
WE, WB: Betrayer, The First Heretic
SoH: False Gods, Galaxy in Flames, Vengeful Spirit

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I would even suggest reading Know No Fear to anybody interested in just how much fuckery the Word Bearers started going all in at Calth and the reaction it gets out of the Ultramarines.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yes you get transfers included in the Betrayal Box.

Here's a picture of them.

ijyt posted:

Ok, so! The transfers in the Calth box for Word Bearers are actually Serrated Suns right, hence the daemon skull in the flame rather than just a good ol' burning book?

The Serrated Suns logo was just a sun emblem. The demon skull flaming book emblem included in the transfer sheet was what most of the Bearers seemed to sport once they'd gone all in with Chaos.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 12, 2015

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya, Serrated Suns were mostly all Gal Vorbak by Isstvan then the left overs got reformed into the Consecrated Iron Chapter.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Anything is an Iron Warrior if you're brave enough to paint hazard stripes on it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

My favorite IW meta troll is the contemptor product page

Ya, it looks like the Mechanicum consulted a Mekboy when they designed that monstrosity but it's not an entirely uggo model imho. A good paintjob would salvage the poor fella. With that said, the Leviathan is a way superior looking design and something similar would be infinitely more appropriate.

Also Perturabo is rad as hell and his sculpt kicks so much rear end, so FW obviously has some love for the boys from Hazard Stripe County.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 13, 2015

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Play as Dark Angels and be both good and bad guys.

Alternatively play as Alpha Legion and be the bad guys while being the good guys the whole time.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pierzak posted:

This needs a giant stream of puke so it becomes the next vomit marine.

Hey, it's a WIP. It still has plenty of time to be worse.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

So I think i might hold of on B@C until the spring/whenever book 6 comes out to see all my options.

In the meantime however I've heard the game that comes with it is actually suprisingly fun. There's loads of people on ebay selling just the board and bits for about £10.

Is it worth getting? I've ample 40k troops I can proxy for the actual models.

Holding off until more Legions get fleshed out through subsequent HH books is my plan as well. I've waited a long rear end time so I can wait a bit longer.

As far as the actual game included in the box goes, there's actually a great video by GW linked in this thread a couple of pages back or so, and you know what? It looks like a lot of fun. Check that poo poo out and decide if it seems like something you and some friends would get a kick out of.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

He's landing, forward momentum, hair is going to blow upward because of the direction of his descent. It's frankly more attention to detail than most models in the GW/FW range get when it comes to dynamic poses of this sort.

While he's not my fave Primarch sculpt, I can appreciate it for what it's trying to do and for the most part it does it well and this is when it's completely unpainted.

The only thing about him I question is where the gently caress is his crazy whip?

panascope posted:

I think Mortarion is the worst looking of the bunch, what does everybody else think? The pose is just awkward and static, and not in a cool way where it's obviously propaganda like Horus or Roboute.

Lorgar was the worst of the bunch and I don't even mind his model that much. Morty feels appropriately badass upon closer inspection IMHO.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ok ya let's go with jetwash. Either way it's not out of this world for his gloriously genetically engineered locks to flow with the wind like they are.

Also what's with all the hate for Peters base? He's standing on the wreckage of a Knight. That's so awesome. :swoon:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

CasualSalmon posted:

Rad pics of rad Emp Kids

I feel like whatever instagram filter you're using on this shots are taking away the luster and glory of the pristine whites and purples on these dudes.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

drat, now that's how you do 30k Scars.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Silver metallic highlights give a worn realistic effect to your model, but are more subtle:

Does this ever rub off over time, because of it being graphite or do you spray some kind of sealant over it that keeps it from rubbing off?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Renegade marines confirmed :fap:

Man, I know a lot of esoteric warham bullshit but what the hell is a Blackshield?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ah ok. So like Proto Deathwatch Blackshields and similar to the Shattered Legions but formed from the surviving loyalists from the Traitor Legions. Cool.

I expect to see 100 mini novellas and audios exclusive to the Black Library online store focused around them for a limited time.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Brienne of Tarth

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

JackMack posted:

Pants. That is a disappointment. I love the big books but they are expensive.

If you consider that expensive then boy, lemme me tell you a few things about this hobby...

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

"Leman turned to Logan and looked him in the eye. 'My son, you know what must be done' he said cooly. 'Aye, m'lord.' answered back the warrior.

'Awuuuuu' howled Logan has he charged into battle riding his primarch."

When the 40k End Times happen, this is how I want it to end.

Edit: Awuuuuuuuu

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pretty sure that's The Wolf King of Fenris, The Lord of Winter and Ruin, Primarch of the Space Wolves.

Leman Russ

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This is why Peturabo created the Iron Circle, so he wouldn't have to worry about getting tool boxed upside the head like this!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This rules.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TTerrible posted:

Book 8 Malevolence confirmed to be White Scars and Blood Angels.

Book 9 retains the name Angelius and will focus on the Thamas Crusade and Dark Mechanicum.

Angelus pushed back to the next book. Dark Angels cut. :laffo:

How the gently caress they gonna focus partially on the Thramas Crusade and not include the DAngels in it?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

*wet leopard growl*

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Finishing up my work on Dorn. Really like his model.

Dornian Heresy fanfic?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Booley posted:

I painted a thing.

I want to lick that armor because it looks like it would taste delicious.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ghazk posted:

Sorry not sorry

:allears:

Make more.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

krursk posted:

I’ve been busy but I’ve made more progress with Dorn. I’ve not had time to model a dornstache :(

Aw yeah. This is the good stuff.

Sulecrist posted:

Content: I finished painting 3,000 points of Sons of Horus yaaay

ne1 want closeups

I want to be as close as I can to all of them.

But where's Abaddon and Loken?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Corrode posted:

Nerds are the worst

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

My uncle at GW said that Ferrus Manus is back and has two heads