Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Xir posted:

I hope it's Bjorn so someone can tell the B&C idiots to shut up.

I'd guess it's Geigor Fell-Hand, the guy who already has rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TTerrible posted:

It is kind of a dumb shape but for me at least 50% of its appeal is because it's a retroactively designed pre-corruption version of this;

And FW has said one of their projects for a future book is making a pre-corruption version of the Brass Scorpion.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TTerrible posted:

Hellbrutes too are a new thing in the 40k fluff. I think they're safe. We'll see, I hope FW shoot off into the early dark mechanicum stuff waay before they even think about that.

I suspect the Word Bearers' tainted dreadnought is meant to be a nod to that.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hixson posted:

It’s not really my favorite fluff bit, but this Sevetar quote is really neat:

A good quote from Angron to Papa Smurf, for anyone who hasn't read Betrayer:

quote:

"What would you know of struggle, Perfect Son? When have you fought against the mutilation of your mind? When have you had to do anything more than tally compliances and polish your armour?" [...] "The people of your world named you Great One. The people of mine called me Slave. Which one of us landed on a paradise of civilization to be raised by a foster father, Roboute? Which one of us was given armies to lead after training in the halls of the Macraggian high-riders? Which one of us inherited a strong, cultured kingdom? And which one of us had to rise up against a kingdom with nothing but a horde of starving slaves? Which one of us was a child enslaved on a world of monsters, with his brain cut up by carving knives? Listen to your blue-clad wretches yelling of courage and honour, courage and honour, courage and honour. Do you even know the meaning of those words? Courage is fighting the kingdom which enslaves you, no matter that their armies outnumber yours by ten-thousand to one. You know nothing of courage. Honour is resisting a tyrant when all others suckle and grow fat on the hypocrisy he feeds them. You know nothing of honour."

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm excited for the unique Iron Warrior... rhinos. That's right. I'm sure they'll cost 90 points for an extra hull point, extra armour, and sunder

They were invented in Angel Exterminatus which was a pretty bad book. The IW's unique rhinos had a gimmick where they could link together into field fortifications and walls.

Probably going to be something like granting heavy cover to units next to them.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
It's me, I'm the one who ranked the Raven Guard the best legion in the survey thing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Corrode posted:

What the gently caress

They're sneaky, practical, treat normal humans like real people, I really like their color scheme, and for the last few years GW's writers have decided they're Native Americans. I like them.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

JcDent posted:

They have? Does this make them new Dark Angels?

Dark Angels in the books have been backing off pretty hard from that and going all-in on the monastic knight thing. Raven Guard, on the other hand, have been developing a thing for counting coup in friendly bouts with each other and other Imperial forces, now all carry personal totems that represent their spirit and are returned to Kiavahr while their bodies (minus the glands) are given sky burials (i.e. left for scavengers to eat), stuff like that.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SRM posted:

That was the only takeaway I got from listening to Helion Rain. It's basically the same audiobook as Eye of Vengeance: some scouts go on a mission, then some die, but they win. The end.

I was dumb enough to buy Deliverance Lost because I'm a big Raven Guard fan. Many regrets were had.

There's been a few neat Raven Guard characters in other Heresy books, paling around with Salamander and Iron Hand survivors of Istvaan, but man are they let down by certain authors going completely batshit with how they're the sneakiest most invisible ninja marines ever.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Endman posted:

Wasn't the go-to excuse in the community that Wolves and Thousand Sons should only be fighting each other because it's an ~*~historical wargame~*~

I can name from the books examples of the Wolves fighting World Eaters and Alpha Legion, and Thousand Sons fighting Ultramarines and Death Guard.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

JcDent posted:

Praevian is good master of signals stand in, tell you what.

Not a fan of how they painted the bangels, I liked the more more muted red-and-black scheme they used when selling tac squads.

Troops in muted black and red, the good stuff in gold? Doesn't feel like Blood Angels to me unless it's been blinged out in gold and marble.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

General Olloth posted:

The fluff says a paragon blade is basically any generic relic weapon though right? Doesn't really have to change most models. Some are chainswords or xenos poo poo or whatever.

Yeah, the book entry says 'paragon blade' is a generic name for any really fancy melee weapon a Legion has that isn't an established pattern.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Was browsing 1d4chan's 30k article, and for those who haven't seen it, apparently the unique units and one unique character each for the White Scars and Blood Angels have been shown.

Scars get terminators with power glaives, a ridiculously well armed javelin variant, and a terminator beatstick character for Scars fans who for some reason don't put everyone on a bike.

Angels get destroyers who can be fitted with power weapons or a suspensor web assault cannon, artificer armor assault marines who stole phoenix spears from the ECs or can dual-wield a set of swords with each having a different bonus and you choose which to use when you assault, sanguinary guard in terminator armor, a jump pack dreadnought, and a beatstick praetor who gets to choose his warlord trait.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Is this a BULBASAUR sock puppet

No, sorry, just thought it was interesting while I was bored and browsing the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.