Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Blood Angels Tactical Sergeant (90% Complete)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

FLG is giving away a Calth set after their Tuesday night stream next week. They also have it 25% off.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Waiting on getting my Microsol & Microset back and will have the decals on it to weather still, but here it is pretty much finished.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Play your space barbies how you want but remember that you're bitchmade if you don't side with Horus.

Can confirm I is bitchmade.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

If there are any Blood Angels fluff nutts out there, I am getting a few Assault Marines and I was wondering if 30k ASM use the yellow helmet colors like their 40k counterparts... I wish the drat HH:6 book wouldn't of been pushed back until February...

Also, looking at possibly running them with combat shields. Anyone out there know a good alternative to the FW Shields that come with the Breachers?

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 9, 2015

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

not lame! posted:

I am yet to understand why anyone would play as a loyalist legion.

With the potential to use the Chapter that you play in 40k's Primarch in 30k. I'm going to have the worlds biggest loyalist erection when Sanguinius comes out, it is just going to suck when Panascope's Horus kills him over and over again...

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BirdieBedtime posted:

I finished some poo poo.

One full Tac squad, finally done.

Seekers.

Next up, fill out the first Veteran squad and hold on to my butt for Calth.

Alpha Legion? I see the free hand 3 headed hydra on the shoulder pad.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Fearless posted:

According to the Crusade Army List book, you can also run 40k vehicles in 30k and state that they are non-standard patterns of whatever. The idea being that the legions experiemented with new poo poo all the time...

...so hello Land Raider (Great) Crusaders I suppose!

What about... vehicle formations from 40k? :shepicide:

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

It was a 2v2, with Hixson and I on one team, and Bulbasaur and Stanyer89 on the other. The game was mostly pretty close until about turn 4 when it decisively turned in our favor, and Hixson and I had basically spent the whole game talking poo poo to him. Constant, "good army", "wow, huge plays", that kind of thing. I guess after several hours of that he just couldn't take it anymore, and after we removed his last assault marine from the table I asked, "mad?" and he picked it up and threw it into the wall. This didn't stop the poo poo talking either, if anything it got worse after that. He'll probably come in here later and madpost about how Bulbasaur hosed him over and he totally would've won and :downswords: or whatever but he's bad and mad.

Bulbasaur is poo poo. gently caress this game.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Recoome posted:

hahahaha what the gently caress

Stanyer89 please seek therapy

Seeking a new teammate instead.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

DeadGame posted:

If you're having trouble picking a legion this blog seems to have good descriptions of the various special units and legion rules:

http://warpstoneflux.blogspot.com/search/label/world%20eaters

Just click a legion filter name at the bottom to get all the posts.

Clicked the Blood Angels filter and read an article about Legion Nurgle Blood Angels...

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

PantsOptional posted:

Losing Inertial Guidance is still worth it to me, I think. Sure it's 85 points but being able to move it before and after disembarking is pretty sweet since it can take objectives if it's a DT for a Troops choice and is a general pain in the rear end for the enemy anyway.

I thought in 30k that dedicated transports do not count as scoring but only the troops did.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Angry Red Space Vampire Praetor.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Ilor posted:

That is 100% bad rear end.

Question, though: how many pieces will it break into when thrown at a wall? :ohdear:

Stay tuned for next week's episode.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

What's wrong with a big mess of giant muscular dudes smashing into each other?

Mi yag.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

I just had the most ideal game of Warhammer 30,000. Nobody had any fun, Hixson and I didn't know what the mission was until the last turn of the game, and we were all mad at the end. On the plus side, at least no models were smashed and Bulbasaur only sort of hated the pizza we got!

First time I have ever seen someone get salty over winning. It was a glorious defeat.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

'ere we go

loving.

Finally.

TBA 2018

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Highlight of our game was a souped up blood angle chaplain in artificer armor with a photonic blade failing to cause any wounds at all and instead getting killed by my praetor with lightning claws in one round of combat. Traitor supremacy bitch.

That was a good part, but the BEST part was when Bulbasaur was reading out the game type while you and Hixson were jerking each other off in the corner not paying attention resulting in instant wet tears followed by the phrase, "No. No this is bullshit. No. Bullshit and you know it", at Turn 5. Even better was how salty Hixson was after he had still won.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Frankly I'm just glad we were able to have a game without you destroying your own property.

I almost felt obligated to smash a model just to keep up with tradition.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm excited for the blackshields as its kinda the direction my army has been taking for a while.

Yes I felt your models that have been painted Iron Warriors that you play as Iron Hands, who ally in gay robots definitely have been moving towards the direction of black shield for sure.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

:barf:

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

I'll put up more BA stuff later, but one of their row is basically about vomiting assault marines all over in turn 1.

Please give me a reason to not smash all twenty-five of these jump marines that I just assembled and primed against the wall.

Mango Polo posted:

FYI to anyone who is sad about BA/WS/DA rules, Allan Bligh has called them placeholders.

It took them this many YEARS for PLACEHOLDER RULES!?

:suicide:

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 6, 2016

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Mango what does that whole line say for the BA Deathfire rule? It's got a blur in the middle of the text.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

I can satisfy everyone's mad levels by running the new Iron Warrior ROW with Iron Hands as my troops :getin: Pretty big disadvantage though- no denial units.

Power gaming gently caress.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Man I really like these Sons of Horus changes. Terminators get an insane buff, and even their Legion rules got buffed too. That +1BS to shooting within 12" is pretty cool, especially with all the outflanking and deep striking you can do. Really looking forward to dropping Horus and a 12-man squad of Justaerin to wipe out whatever they look at.

It'll be fun to switch deployment zones with you every game by Turn 2 via deepstrikes.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Drake_263 posted:

Ooof, why must my OCD be so strong and FW so expensive. I want to buy ten MKV assault marines, ten MKIII tacticals and a breacher upgrade kit to make some veterans and they're something like 150 pounds for twenty dudes and some bits.

Don't be a poor. By all the toys.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Tom Brady.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Finishing up the Blood Angels Leviathan Dreadnought. Waiting for the base to get here still...

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

TTerrible posted:

That'll make a hell of a dent

Good thing we ham at Hixson's house and not mine.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

TTerrible posted:

We haven't had any trash talking from your group in this thread for a while. I hope you're saving it up.

By mid-March the flood gates will re-open.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Looks great my dude. I'm a big fan of your dirty looking red.

Thanks guy. You would like it though since it's your oil washes I'm using. Btw bring over some brown oil wash please, I'm down to just the black now.

I also love my new avatar, thank you bb.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

Blood Angels and shattered legions. Thoughts? Is it even possible fluff-wise?

Yeah if you like AIDS.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

CasualSalmon posted:

My first batch of tac marines from my BaC box. So much more to work on...got a new air brush...which is nice.

anywho..

All about that base, no treble...

Love those bases and the white looks soooo clean. Kind of jealous. Did you end up darkening the head cap on the sergeant or did you just make the loin cloth brighter?

Btw, it all looks like poo poo. And you are a garbage tabletop player.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

Would it be kosher if I were to use the 40k sanguinary guard models as assault sergeants in my BA army?

They were around and wore the same gold colored armour that they wear in 40k to even include the wrist mounted bolters and Mk4 Jump packs they have. Using them as sergeants is up to you, but from an actual fluff standpoint they are kind of their own thing outside of the normal command structure.

At the end of the day they are your toys so play with them however you want. Either way it should be interesting to see how FW ends up modeling them for 30k.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Anybody who uses Battlescribe know how the hell to switch your RoW?

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

Dear FW, please reduce the cost of assault marines. Tia.

I know right!? Really boners us BA players. Rumor has it that they will be getting a cost reduction though.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

In the vein of extremely good cheating, we all just noticed today how incredible Bulbasaur made his favorite unit: the Iron Hands Immortals (he doesn't play Iron Warriors because he's bitchmade).

Anyway, here's what he did:
Medusan Immortals Squads (Iron Hands Only):
Reduce cost from 250 to 225
Add special rule ‘Move through cover’
Add special rule ‘Implacable Advance’ (Pg 22)
Add option “For every five models in a squad, one Immortal may exchange their boltgun for a power weapon +5 points”
Add option “The entire squad may take melta bombs: +50 points”
Replace ‘Gun Them Down’ special rule with ‘Shield Wall’, including the following addendum: “At the beginning of your turn, as long as the Immortal squad numbers more than 5 models and is not falling back or pinned, the Immortal squad may take a LD test. If passed, the unit may reroll failed saving throws of 1 until the next turn. These effects do not confer to attached Characters.”

Now we were aware of these rules, but it didn't strike us how nuts these were until the last time we played and the big block of Immortals he had basically lost 0 dudes over 6 turns of being shot at. In previous games we really hadn't paid any attention to them.

In his defense, he is on my team.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

We have a great gentlemanly group of players:
  • BULBASAUR spends months getting the campaign together and does all the work. Everyone reviews and agrees to the rules
  • Panascope gets 2 wound, plasma blaster, WS5, 185 point Justerians. Still cheats and adds extra units to his army thinking nobody would notice
  • Hixson gets mastery level 4 wizards that manifest powers on a 3+, convinces BULBASAUR to remove all drawbacks. Second game decides to cast invisibility on Panascope's Justerian
  • Stanyer upgrades his reduced price 15 man assault squads to have double power weapons, combat shields, fleet, and furious charge for +75 points. Still gets tabled every game
  • Traitor team melts down after eeking out a win because they ignored the rules discussed before the game

Our league rules have been public since late last year. What I'm saying is that I love warhammer and my friends they are both great

I feel like that Stanyer guy is getting royally hosed on his campaign rules compared to the lot.

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 12, 2016

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

I'm loving dying. Also I'm going to keep cheating :bigtran:

Same. Might just bring 1600 pts to the 1250 Turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

You guys should livestream your games.

We'll start a GoFundMe and if we reach an agreed dollar amount than I'm game.