Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I just checked out his posted list and it's the rite of war that makes veterans troops and he took sniper on everything.

Heavy bolters with suspensor webs and sniper are not the friends of Carnifexes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Hixson posted:

After reading the last 250 posts in the 40k thread; I have a deep appreciation for how not hosed this game is. My 40k armies won't be leaving their cases for a while

You're just saying that because the new Deathwatch devastator got a frag cannon that is somehow superior to the one that Dreadnoughts carry.

I mean it's not like GW makes things up as they go along with no care or consideration.

Right?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Is FW doing a new legion Heavy Flamer set? I need to get going on my Death Guard so I need ten or so.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So is Zone Mortalis usable for an escalation type league?

My FLGS is ready to sponsor the next league my group runs and I think this may be a better option than straight up 30k.

My other concern would be with terrain. Is it playable on Space Hulk tiles possibly?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lord Twisted posted:

The work continues on my Word Bearers' demonic allies!

Using Bulbasaur's Zenithal Highlighting guide, I've made a start on a Demon Prince - still very much WiP.

The arms and waist is magnetised. Legs are done, just working on the shield + axe before I finish off the torso armour!

His name is The Colchisian Reaper.

Looks amazing. Do you have a link to the guide handy?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

You're in luck. I took VisV, re-wrote the rules to be more concise, merged them with the adepticon rules, and then fine tuned the result based on feedback. VisV is just a campaign system layered ontop of Tactical Strike. I call this thing Lightning Strike because it's different enough to be it's own thing. It's free and you should totally try it.

Just finished the v1.3 update. Get it here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ahdfeBukDCz8DLBs_PUudfnOiyCAO3U0gqLjW_IwYZU/edit?usp=sharing

There are a lot of little changes to the core system, so if you are familiar with VisV I suggest you read through the 14 pages. The major differences are in how ad-hoc units work, how special rules confer, the special lead element unit type, new hero roles, and what you can do with your action points. If you have feedback after playing, please share!

I've been looking for a small scale 30k campaign for a while now. I love you.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

You're in luck. I took VisV, re-wrote the rules to be more concise, merged them with the adepticon rules, and then fine tuned the result based on feedback. VisV is just a campaign system layered ontop of Tactical Strike. I call this thing Lightning Strike because it's different enough to be it's own thing. It's free and you should totally try it.

Just finished the v1.3 update. Get it here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ahdfeBukDCz8DLBs_PUudfnOiyCAO3U0gqLjW_IwYZU/edit?usp=sharing

There are a lot of little changes to the core system, so if you are familiar with VisV I suggest you read through the 14 pages. The major differences are in how ad-hoc units work, how special rules confer, the special lead element unit type, new hero roles, and what you can do with your action points. If you have feedback after playing, please share!

I've been looking for a small scale 30k campaign for a while now. I love you.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Here's the link to the video: https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTVteam/videos/240706472991005/

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I have a friendly match coming up at work over the Xmas break with a couple of hams in the office and although it's a 40k game I thought this would be a good incentive to get my 30k Death Guard stuff started.

It's a 2v2, CSM and my DG against IG and Black Templars. There is a good chance that the BT player will bring a Knight so that's an issue to deal with.

I have 2 BaC boxes to work with along with a 40k LR and two Rhinos, and the following soviet/communist resin stuff:

10x Extra flamers
Deredeo w/ Autocannons/Missile Launcher
3 x Laser Destroyer (or Graviton?) Rapiers
5 x Grave Wardens
5 x Deathshroud Termies
2 x Apothecaries
Typhon
Mortarion

I only have 750pts to pay with at the moment, but this will obviously be a core for a full heresy force. Any hints on what kind of list I can do at 750?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

I have a friendly match coming up at work over the Xmas break with a couple of hams in the office and although it's a 40k game I thought this would be a good incentive to get my 30k Death Guard stuff started.

It's a 2v2, CSM and my DG against IG and Black Templars. There is a good chance that the BT player will bring a Knight so that's an issue to deal with.

I have 2 BaC boxes to work with along with a 40k LR and two Rhinos, and the following soviet/communist resin stuff:

10x Extra flamers
Deredeo w/ Autocannons/Missile Launcher
3 x Laser Destroyer (or Graviton?) Rapiers
5 x Grave Wardens
5 x Deathshroud Termies
2 x Apothecaries
Typhon
Mortarion

I only have 750pts to pay with at the moment, but this will obviously be a core for a full heresy force. Any hints on what kind of list I can do at 750?

Following up on this, how big a dick move is Typhon at 750pts? The guys I'm playing against are pretty much "anything goes" thus the Imperial Knight at the same points level.

I was thinking along these lines:

+ HQ (200pts) +

Calas Typhon (200pts)
····Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]
····Master of the Legion [The Reaping]

+ Troops (230pts) +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (115pts) [Chem-munitions, Heavy Flamer, 4x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Marksmen]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (115pts) [Chem-munitions, Heavy Flamer, 4x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Marksmen]

+ Elites (110pts) +

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (55pts)
····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Laser Destroyer Array]
········Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (55pts)
····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Laser Destroyer Array]
········Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]

+ Heavy Support (210pts) +

Grave Warden Terminator Squad (210pts) [4x Grave Warden Terminator, Heavy Flamer with Chem-munitions]

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Is the discussion of where to get communist resin forbidden? I can't recall if it's considered :filez: or not.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Come join the Slack and ask away

Yeah I should do that...

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Yeah, I fully expect that Horus Heresy will be a third game system, with a further modified version of 7th ed. They wouldn't spend so much time getting the Thousand Sons just right to throw it away in 4 months.

Yeah never...

***COUGH***

(yes that's the joke)

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I would do this thing assuming it doesn't start in December.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
It's a Slack full of Warhammer grog goons. Think about that before you ask for an invite.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Typhons... C&C on my target 3k list please!

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes [ XIV: Death Guard, Traitor]

Rite of War [The Reaping]

+ HQ (635pts) +

Calas Typhon (635pts) [Master of the Legion]
Deathshroud Terminator Squad (435pts) [5x Deathshroud Terminators (200pts), Land Raider Phobos (225pts)]

+ Troops (740pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (205pts) [14x Legion Tactical Space Marines (140pts)]
Additional Wargear [Bolters]
Legion Tactical Sergeant (30pts) [Melta Bombs (5pts), Power Scythe (15pts), Rad Grenades (10pts)]
Standard Wargear [Bolt Pistols, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour]

Legion Tactical Squad (205pts) [14x Legion Tactical Space Marines (140pts)]
Legion Tactical Sergeant (30pts) [Melta Bombs (5pts), Power Scythe (15pts), Rad Grenades (10pts)]
Standard Wargear [Bolt Pistols, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (165pts) [Chem-munitions, 4x Legion Space Marines (60pts), Support Squad]
Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (50pts) [Chem-munitions, Heavy Flamer (15pts)]
Legion Sergeant (15pts) [Melta Bombs (5pts), Rad Grenades (10pts)]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (165pts) [Chem-munitions, 4x Legion Space Marines (60pts), Support Squad]
Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (50pts) [Chem-munitions, Heavy Flamer (15pts)]
Legion Sergeant (15pts) [Melta Bombs (5pts), Rad Grenades (10pts)]

+ Elites (335pts) +

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (180pts) [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons (25pts)]
Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (155pts) [Two Multi-Meltas]

+ Heavy Support (895pts) +

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (490pts) [Command Tank (25pts), Legion Medusa (155pts), Legion Medusa (155pts), Legion Medusa (155pts)]

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius (115pts)

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (290pts)
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought (290pts) [Chem-munitions, Grav-flux Bombard (20pts)]

+ Lords of War (395pts) +

War Machine Detachment (395pts) [Legion Typhon Heavy Siege Tank (395pts)]

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

The tac sergeants are awful spendy without having a 2+ save but other than that it looks profoundly unfun to play against.

Yeah, I think it's a bit heavy... Have to rethink it.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Revamping my horrible unfun pieplate list from before, and starting smaller. Looking at a base list for 1,500 to start with room to grow. Trying to balance out more versatility. C&C is very much appreciated:

+++ Death Guard - 1,500 +++
Rite of War [The Reaping]

+ HQ (105pts) +

Legion Centurion (105pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Power Scythe]
Consul [Delegatus]

+ Troops (655pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (165pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Scythe, Rad Grenades]

Legion Tactical Squad (165pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Scythe, Rad Grenades]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (165pts) [Chem-munitions, 4x Legion Space Marines]
Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [Chem-munitions, Heavy Flamer]
Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs]

Legion Heavy Support Squad (160pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Missile Launchers]

+ Elites (315pts) +

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon (135pts)
Cortus Dreadnought [Multi-Melta, Multi-Melta]

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (180pts) [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

+ Heavy Support (425pts) +

Grave Warden Terminator Squad (425pts) [4x Grave Warden Terminator, Land Raider Phobos]

TKIY fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 29, 2016

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Belt fed pistols. What an age to be alive!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm still really feeling my way out in 30k and I have no idea how to equip my Calth Cataprachtii to use with my DG.

They seem like a ton of points for basically a bolter and fist.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Thanks guys! My favorite thing about the dorks is their loyalty.

Also quote this post if you wanna :toxx: to complete a superheavy this year- built and painted.

Sure what the hell.

:toxx: I'll do a Typhon.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

I pledge a Cerastus knight. I am most likely going to be moving to a new country, nothing could possibly go wrong with this :toxx: decision.

I've never actually painted a vehicle before, so this could be a total cockup for at least two of us.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

If I paint Ferrus Manus will I get banned anyway?

Just beheaded.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
God loving dammit,
I just bought a Typhon last week,
loving fuckkity gently caress.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

See me after class.

Haiku does not need to be 5, 7, 5 so long as it flows, fucker.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

Because I don't need another centerpiece model I'm going to *~*up the stakes*~* and provide prize support for the Lord of War voted to be the best by this thread.

For the best Lord of War, I will buy you a complete non-LoW unit entry. After all, you just painted your own Lord of War, now you need some dudes to run it with! What does this mean? A Contemptor Dreadnought Talon can have 3 Contemptors, which is what I would buy you (along with the weapons of your choice). Or 20 tactical marines (with upgrade kits as available). Or whatever other dumb bad choice you want!

God bless us, every one.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

It is not without certain risks, however.

I turned off the unrated images, what more do you want?!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

just a quick check: did everyone who write a haiku want in on the typhon? the entries had varying levels of seriousness so before I figure out the winner (hint it might be random I'm not sure) I want to make sure who was actually interested

Yeah fo sho!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

big_g posted:

I recently posted my yellow marines to the 40K thread as was told they might be of interest here.

That yellow is dope.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Was mulling this over in the Slack but I think a 2k Robit list is in my near future and a decent potential ally for my in-progress DG.

I thinking 2 x Thallax (2x lightning, 1 x Photon) and 2 x Castellax (one set with darkfires) in the troop slots, but I'm not sure what other robit goodness goes well with this start. I really like the look of Thanatars and Vorax so I'm leaning that way, maybe Vulturax too but I'm not sure how to equip them. My local group plays pretty hard lists so a little cheese is fine.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

winner at some point today!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

Was mulling this over in the Slack but I think a 2k Robit list is in my near future and a decent potential ally for my in-progress DG.

I thinking 2 x Thallax (2x lightning, 1 x Photon) and 2 x Castellax (one set with darkfires) in the troop slots, but I'm not sure what other robit goodness goes well with this start. I really like the look of Thanatars and Vorax so I'm leaning that way, maybe Vulturax too but I'm not sure how to equip them. My local group plays pretty hard lists so a little cheese is fine.

Kind of what I'm working on now at 3k:

Scoria w/ Pimp Ride
Magos Dominus w/ Scanner, Familiar, Melta Bombs, PSword, Servo Arm, Rad Cleanser

3 x Thallax
3 x Thallax
2 x Castellax w/ Darkfire, Enhanced Array
2 x Castellax w/ Bolters. Enhanced Array

2 x Domitar w/ Frag Grenades

3 x Vorax w/ Corrosive Ammo
3 x Vorax w/ Corrosive Ammo
2 x Vulturax w/ Blessed Autosimulacra

2 x Thanatar w/ Enhanced Array, Paragon of Metal

That's about 2,970....

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Aesaar posted:

Lose the Domitars. Domitars are terrible. Way overpriced. Pretty much anything else you could take for those 360pts is a better option.

What unit does Scoria chill with then?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

Don't think infantry can normally join monstrous creatures. Praevians are an exception.

Scoria has a special rule that allows it. I didn't want him with the Castellax because you want Scoria in assault eating Primarchs.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Being Loyalist Real Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The False Emperor Like Join Horus Haha

:perfect:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Aaaayyyyyyy lmawuuuuuuuu

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Ooo-eee-ooo-ahh-ahh!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Generally speaking what is the perceived power level between 30k and 40k armies at equal points?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that's what I'm thinking but wondering, again, if I simply suck.

I guess I should start running the traitor legions rules if I want to use my 30k models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

They have ld 7 because it's easy to do them a serious frighten.

They're all good wolves, Horus.