Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Ligur knew.

So, when the same in Paris happens to us, whats the end game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

So Ive been seeing posts on Fb how paris attacks will happen in Finland but I still cant figure out how. Not only are you gonna be looked at suspiciously if you are Brown, how are you even supposed to get automatic guns here?

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Collecting guns lost by varusveijarit seems like a really long shot.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Meinasin mennä katteleen meininkejä huomenna kaupungille, rauhallista varmaan tulee oleen.

Ja niin joo, hyvää itsenäisyyspäivää tännekin.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

It was fun standing in the rain watching various demonstrations, my favorite was the anarchists.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Went and saw what was happening yesterday, I was somewhat annyoed when my tram was stopped by the JIHAD WARRIORS OUT OF EUROPE demonstration and I went to see the Rajat kiinni poo poo show, I managed to see the live rendition of Aika polttaa Suomen passi, got some rude looks for explaining Kyuu to my friend. There were quite a few people there once the previous demonstration joined them and the points they made at the demonstration were dumb as gently caress so Im not gonna go through them since you idiots watched the stream anyway. What I was more interested in was the police reaction for tonight and I had a brief conversations with a cop about their equipment and lenght of the night they were gonna have.

So, Ive never seen so many riot police, and the way they talked to me and my friends was very professional when they told us to move quite a few times and really no complaints there, the 612 march itself went by and really looked to be comprised of normal people, though I did see some idiots yelling really dumb stuff and being somewhat drunken. I missed all the antifa vs police action but saw the police manouvering around, trying to cut off the antifa. We were stopped by the police trying to enter Temppelinaukio from Runeberginkatu but got there from Fredrikinkatu, where we observed the motti with actual media and other curious on-lookers. The antifa did nothing there, the cops told us to back off a bit but let us watch and film, while they took some demonstrators to a bus one by one. No drama there. I then left to drink beer. So heres some pics from yesterday.

https://sendvid.com/w2shtedj

Whos Max Blumenthal?

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Politics aside, scariest thing out of this independence day is the demands for removing human rights for certain people. Surely this will not backfire at all.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

If we cant get nuclear fire to come here, I wish our leftist at least managed to start some sort of violent revolt.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Why do news and people talk about male suicide only when it comes to Guns?

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

We should join NATO and bolster our own defenses also start a nuclear weapons programme.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I want some kaitseliit swag, whats the Best place to purchase it in Estonia? Hopefully in tallinn, as im going there to enrich the local culture tomorrow

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

OhYeah posted:

I would suggest go and check out the Occupation Musem in the centre of Tallinn: http://www.okupatsioon.ee/index.php/en/
If they don't have anything, you can go literally two buildings forward and there is the defense league's headquarters. :)

Awesome, thanks! Gotta check it out

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I loved the Russia evening on A2 ages ago, it had a real good shouting match and Ile burning Bäckman, who apparently is now under a police investigation? Albeit not for treason but libel.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Olen ihonväriltäni maastokuvioinen

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Honestly it seems that DnD is racist against Finns.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

kikkelivelho posted:

This has been the case for a while now.

It is rather interesting how liberal values go out the window, such as self-determination and sovereignty for countries when the case is your pet issues. Interestingly also, willfull ignorance is really common here.

Though I am going to say Im rather sad that I didnt even get a red title out of this.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I need this as my av

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Kind of hard to comment on a vague rumor the government has shot down, but once again this isn't an issue of rich vs poor, it's an issue of making taxation smarter / attacking entrenched interests. It's just that most posters here will defend anything the unions do and automatically assume policies help the poor (like ansiosidonnainen etc). Taxing people based on the amount they drive (or pollute) instead of the value of their car is a way to reduce pollution and have road upkeep paid for by the people (and companies) that actually use the roads instead of making everyone pay for it.

Ps: As for the lovely gravel roads, can you give one example of a place that has both private and public roads where private roads are generally in WORSE condition than public roads?

Finland?

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Yeah ok I meant places where private roads are more than mökkitiet for areas where the government won't build a road and that actually see some traffic

Are you aware of what a tiekunta is?

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Racism towards eastern Europeans is really interesting.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Honestly I am a bit scared not only of the increasing violence but also from the seeming calling of dismantling of the oikeuskäytäntö, not even nazis are worth abandoning it

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

That's fair enough - but we already have laws against fascist organizations and behavior that presents a danger to society, and these fuckheads fall under both - and the people who want lynchings would probably be fine if our laws to keep society peaceful were working. But clearly they aren't.

I'd link the tone Hitler image here, but I fear it's actually too appropriate.

Lock em all up under the appropriate laws i say.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Hob_Gadling posted:

Arjalaisia en pussaa mutta jos tulee joku muu.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Why cant there be a proper and good riot, go smash poo poo up.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Unsurprisingly it is all over the news here, Johaug had her conference at the stadion few block from where I live afaik. None of my coworkers are talking about it though.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

uncop posted:

Is there a non-mvlehti/magneettimedia source for this? Surely, if true, there must be some non-right-wing discussion on feeling betrayed by this Hubara person. And yeah, i count sincere forum threads and the like.

Also, what rodullistaminen actually means is is seeing people through the assumed attributes of their race.

Suppose green people are assumed to be bad at math but good with people. Now suppose we have Mikko, a little green man who loves math and has always been sort of an introvert. However, for some reason, everybody he meets seems sort of wary of encouraging him to continue pursue his dream of becoming a mathematician, and ask whether he's ever thought about becoming a nurse. He has no idea why practically everyone who doesn't really know him personally thinks the same way, since he'd be a terrible nurse. This culminates in his future employer admitting they were wary of hiring him even though he had great qualifications, and ending it with "but you're terrific at math for a green person!"

Basically, there's nothing crazy or SJWy about acknowledging that racialization exists. Romanis, for example, are crazy racialized here in Finland. Even I personally would be skeptical if I met one who told me that they study hard and want to become an entrepreneur and get rich through honest work. No overt racism required.

Oh hey now I understand what that meant, thank you :)

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Howabout we put all politicians in it to just line their and their friends pockets against the wall?

What Im saying, full revolution now or a giant meteor

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/jutut/kotimaa/paaministeri-sipila-vaiensi-ylen-uutisten-johto-hyllytti-sipila-jutut-ruben-stiller-sai-varoituksen/

Voitasko Sipilä ja koko Keskusta tuhota

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Cant we just blow up kepu

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Mitäs jos kaikki vaan omistettaisiin aseita ja open carry Suomeenkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Ratpick posted:

The entire discussion around this whole dumb proposal has me thinking: how? Let's forget about the legality of monitoring drivers so you can charge them for using roads for a minute, how the gently caress does something that is so obviously stupid even pass from someone's lips without them immediately going "Oh wait that was a really dumb idea never mind"?

e: Like, I've seen a bunch of ineffectual and dysfunctional governments, but everything about this one seems too stupid for it to be uninentional at this point.

Keskusta pitäisi räjäyttää