Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars
I am in, yes indeed!

Gift Preferences

Yes please!

-Though I really prefer physical books, digital items are also good. POD is fine, I find Drive Thru's stuff quite acceptable.
-Tabletop RPGs: I am not into super-crunchy systems, my style leans more towards 'storygaming' and rules-lite. Most of what I am currently enjoying is PbtA stuff and similar, though I am prepping a Changeling: the Lost game and running Blue Rose. That's about as rules-heavy as I'll go. Definitely no D&D. I like little indie systems done well and have a smattering of those. Generally speaking I run modern fantasy/horror and pulpy superhero games.

What I have picked up most recently: Better Angels, Don't Rest Your Head, Dread, Kingdom of Nothing, Murderous Ghosts, Ocean, Spookybeans, The Demolished Ones, The Final Girl, Polaris, Breaking The Ice, Dogs In The Vineyard, Baron Munchausen, Inspectres, My Life With Master, Octane, Puppetland, Little Fears, Sorceror, Monsters and Other Childish Things, The Shadow of Yesterday, Trollbabe, Universalis, Dungeon World, Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, World Wide Wrestling, Magical Fury, Feng Shui 2, Night Witches, Monster of the Week First Edition, The Quiet Year, The Deep Forest. I also backed Blades In The Dark, Masks and Fellowship.

-Party games are very good as I have almost none. I do not need anything Cards Against Humanity. The current favorites are the One Night Ultimate Werewolf/Vampire games and Love Letter.
-I enjoy Arkham Horror but I have no expansions.
-Dice are always welcome, especially d6s. I have a dice bag, but it doesn't come close to holding everything I need.
-Movies are very much my groove! I love them! Especially terrible movies (ie. The Room, Birdemic), horror of all types, fantasy and obscure weirdness. I will watch pretty much anything.
-Food is acceptable, no allergies here. Nerdy cooking supplies are also cool-I have a d20 cake form, but not much else by way of kitchen nerdery.
-Handmade things are awesome and I like them very much.
-Atmospheric music is also great.
-I am lacking in cheap little plastic army men and similar, since my dogs got into the gaming box and ate a few of them (no patience, time or storage space for actual models, we just use random toys to lay out our combats when we need to).
-I like video games too, especially pokemon because I am a child in a woman's body.
-Weird, cool, random stuff would be very welcome.

No thank you
-Anime/Manga
-Zombie anything
-Dr. Who/Supernatural/Sherlock
-Exploding Kittens
-Munchkin anything
-Novels
-Models/figures that require a ton of maintenance, storage and painting. If it would pain you to see it under a pile of notebooks in a tupperware bin, it won't fare well with me.
-Card games like Magic
-Though I'm sure they're very meaningful to someone, dongs and maggoty anything are not needed at this time.

General Location: :canada:, in the middle somewhere.

Solem Vow: I swear on my dice and my spreadsheets and all other things I value, I will gift the hell out of someone. I will not be a weirdo and avoid this thread, and I will absolutely post when I get a thing.

WereJace fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars
Well, something is causing a great deal of consternation around here.

Let's unwrap it!

Thanks Santa/w00tmonger! I am absolutely going to put some poor unfortunate troubleshooters through the wringer ASAP!

Edit: My package will be going out tomorrow, just had to pick up the last couple things today!

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

WereJace posted:

I am in, yes indeed!

Gift Preferences

Yes please!

-Though I really prefer physical books, digital items are also good. POD is fine, I find Drive Thru's stuff quite acceptable.
-Tabletop RPGs: I am not into super-crunchy systems, my style leans more towards 'storygaming' and rules-lite. Most of what I am currently enjoying is PbtA stuff and similar, though I am prepping a Changeling: the Lost game and running Blue Rose. That's about as rules-heavy as I'll go. Definitely no D&D. I like little indie systems done well and have a smattering of those. Generally speaking I run modern fantasy/horror and pulpy superhero games.

What I have picked up most recently: Better Angels, Don't Rest Your Head, Dread, Kingdom of Nothing, Murderous Ghosts, Ocean, Spookybeans, The Demolished Ones, The Final Girl, Polaris, Breaking The Ice, Dogs In The Vineyard, Baron Munchausen, Inspectres, My Life With Master, Octane, Puppetland, Little Fears, Sorceror, Monsters and Other Childish Things, The Shadow of Yesterday, Trollbabe, Universalis, Dungeon World, Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, World Wide Wrestling, Magical Fury, Feng Shui 2, Night Witches, Monster of the Week First Edition, The Quiet Year, The Deep Forest. I also backed Blades In The Dark, Masks and Fellowship.

-Party games are very good as I have almost none. I do not need anything Cards Against Humanity. The current favorites are the One Night Ultimate Werewolf/Vampire games and Love Letter.
-I enjoy Arkham Horror but I have no expansions.
-Dice are always welcome, especially d6s. I have a dice bag, but it doesn't come close to holding everything I need.
-Movies are very much my groove! I love them! Especially terrible movies (ie. The Room, Birdemic), horror of all types, fantasy and obscure weirdness. I will watch pretty much anything.
-Food is acceptable, no allergies here. Nerdy cooking supplies are also cool-I have a d20 cake form, but not much else by way of kitchen nerdery.
-Handmade things are awesome and I like them very much.
-Atmospheric music is also great.
-I am lacking in cheap little plastic army men and similar, since my dogs got into the gaming box and ate a few of them (no patience, time or storage space for actual models, we just use random toys to lay out our combats when we need to).
-I like video games too, especially pokemon because I am a child in a woman's body.
-Weird, cool, random stuff would be very welcome.

No thank you
-Anime/Manga
-Zombie anything
-Dr. Who/Supernatural/Sherlock
-Exploding Kittens
-Munchkin anything
-Novels
-Models/figures that require a ton of maintenance, storage and painting. If it would pain you to see it under a pile of notebooks in a tupperware bin, it won't fare well with me.
-Card games like Magic
-Though I'm sure they're very meaningful to someone, dongs and maggoty anything are not needed at this time.

General Location: :canada:, in the middle somewhere.

Solem Vow: I swear on my dice and my spreadsheets and all other things I value, I will gift the hell out of someone. I will not be a weirdo and avoid this thread, and I will absolutely post when I get a thing.

Screw it I have some budget room to Christmas someone else. Please sign me up for the current Lightning Round!

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars
My first round gift was half recieved, and I have just now found the card that was supposed to accompany the second half of said gift, which was due to be delivered today. So LLSix, if some giftwrapped snacky foods have shown up at your house, those were from me. My lightning round gift hasn't shipped yet, but it was ordered Friday so it should go out soon!

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

LLSix posted:

Nothing yet today but packages are often delivered to the office after end of hours so I'll check tomorrow.

Alrighty. It seems to have vanished upon reaching the border, so hopefully it is still safely on its way. If you don't see it by the end of the week, I'll fix you up with something else. My lightning round gift also shipped today, so right now it's a race!

Meanwhile, this arrived amidst all of the other Christmas that was heading my way. Thanks, santa, I've had my eye on Space Alert for awhile now!

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

Leperflesh posted:

Hi there TGSS nerds! LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 4 emails are awaaay!

It's too close to christmas to run another round, so that's gonna be it for this year. All told, when everything is delivered (and there are no grinches), we'll have exchanged 115 gifts! Awesome!

It's time to start putting a fire under a few goon's butts, though. Today is Thursday, December 17th (unless you're in australia, in which case it's already friday the 18th). You have about one week to get your gifts delivered to your Santees. If you haven't already sent them, you probably can't send a gift using ordinary basic postage any more. You can still get stuff delivered on time using Amazon Prime, or using an upgraded shipping option. Check your shipper's special holiday schedule, and then realize that the dates they give are not contractual promises, just estimates, so add a little padding to that!

Here's the info for the USPS, who say that standard post will not get there in time; you can use first-class mail through the 19th (so add a day or two to that and get first class shipped TODAY), Priority Mail shipped by the 21st (call it the 20th), and Priority Express shipped by the 23rd (call it the 22nd, and for gently caress's sake don't leave it that late). Costs for something bigger than an envelope skyrocket as you climb up the priority ladder, but that's on you for waiting so long, procrastinator!

Here's UPS's shipping calendar for the US
Here's the last days to ship for FedEx US

I'm listing every goon whose status isn't "delivered" below. If your name is in bold, then I want to hear from you pronto. Otherwise, this is a bookkeeping exercise and you're probably OK.

Main Round
NTRabbit - ordered/shipped 2/2
WereJace - received 1/2, 1/2 still in shipping?
Galaspar - santee received but not at home to verify for a couple weeks
Namenlos - partial shipped, waiting on the rest?
NeoAnjou - shipped
Sion - shipped
Antivehicular - shipped
Deadgame - no info
EatinCake - no info
El Estrago Bonito - shipping midweek
Felime - construction of gift in progress
LoG - shipped
Mr. Maltose - shipped
MySwan - no info
Niemat - is sending today
Rhjamiz - no info
Selachian - shipping delayed to the 16th (did this go out yet?)
TheSoundNinja - no info

Lightning Bonus Round 1
Kai Tave - shipped, package stuck in-city, post office must be subdued
Babylon Astronaut - no info
LLSix - 2 packages sent, santee hasn't posted receipt

Lightning Bonus Round 2
Spincut - 1/2 received, 1/2 still in transit?
Niemat - is sending today

Lightning Bonus Round 3
Dr. Clockwork - shipped
Loxbourne - shipped
WereJace - ordered

Lightning Bonus Round 4
just got started, all goons presumed in progress.

If your name is in bold, then I want to hear from you pronto.

Reporting in-Still no word on the second half of my main round gift, thanks Canada Post. My Lightning Round gift shipped on Monday and has an ETA of December 23.

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

LLSix posted:

I think the main round gift is me? I checked the office again today - nada.

Indeed it is, I'm sorry it hasn't shown up yet!

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars
Since my tracking from Canada Post has failed me, I've fired off a replacement item to LLSix which has guaranteed pre-xmas delivery and tracking. Current status of the lighting round is halfway to destination, so I'm not worried about that one. :)

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Who is it though??? I can't stand the suspense! :ohdear:

That would be me! I'm so happy it got there on time, I hope you enjoy it!

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

LLSix posted:

WereJace is a rad Santa who totally came through despite the first gift mysteriously disappearing upon reaching the totally ethical USA customs agents.

I got some sweet toppings!

To go with some sweet games!

Thank you WereJace!

That is actually the original package, so I'm happy you got it! The replacement snacks should have arrived today too!

The letter that got left out explained the sauce and jelly a little better-both of those products are made by some good buddies and fellow gamers around these parts, and they're regular additions to our game night snacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

LLSix posted:

I got this box of kicking rad Japanese candy from JapanCrate with no card or indication of who it is from. Did one of you kind goons send it?

Hurray, the replacement part two came through too! I hope you enjoyed everything!

• Locked thread