Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Megera posted:

Terrorist attacks are triggering, I don't like knowing the world has lovely people.

Making a terrorist attack in another country about you :bravo: Good job, facebook/tumblr/et al

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Oh no, not interracial marriage!

Seriously I don't get WTF this is trying to say.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

change my name posted:

Pretty sure it's saying that if we don't fix black marriage issues, they'll just go off and make crazy decisions (like marrying someone of a different race! Oh no!)

I guess I get that but usually when someone is making a weird argument about black marriage it blames either black women or black men whereas this one is more like "people are dating who they love and not restricting themselves to historical societally imposed boundaries."

So I suppose I just explained it to myself but still.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

Looking at the people I know who bitch about how kids are never outside, I also stop and look at the neighborhoods they live in. Most of these people I know live in neighborhoods with an older population, so no kids who play in the street near home, or the kind of neighborhood were you don't want your kids in the street(meaning upscale neighborhoods, since drivers in those areas drive like a bat out of hell and will run your kids down)

That, and they keep arresting parents who let their kids play outside, walk to a friends house, etc. without constant immediate supervision.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

Your dick.

I don't care of you don't have one, you have to find a way.

Can someone explain this to me? My interpretation is "don't bother apologizing because I'm going to hold a grudge against you forever and your mistake has permanently soured my relationship with you" which seems like a pretty lousy thing to make an informative macro out of. But that Wolfe dude gets posted on my page constantly and all his other stuff is fairly positive. Am I reading this wrong? It seems extremely passive aggressive and rude to me.

You're reading it wrong. I means "sorry amounts to nothing if you don't' make a meaningful effort to repair the damage you've done."

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

You can get pink grips for almost anything. I see a lot of 'em on S&W revolvers.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

One of my friends who just graduated nursing school posted this gem:

I love knowing someone responsible for other people's healthcare is loving health/body retarded enough to post this.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I've heard discussion of this sentiment (not its promotion mind you, just its discussion) from lesbian and bisexual women, too - an anxiety that the 'bisexual woman' is just a kind of sexual tourist, having her 'college fling' or 'experimentation' or whatever which will ultimately result in abandonment.

I mentioned it to the thread once in a similar discussion and people in the thread got mad at me :(

This is usually what I run into, with younger (under mid-late 20s) lesbians moreso than ones closer to 30s. It's great when things get started with another woman but then they find out I've dated and slept with men and it's suddenly, "oh so this is just a temporary thing."

Or dudes who immediately cruise into "so you'll want a threesome, right :heysexy: " territory. The last guy I was with harped on this for loving months and tried to phrase it like, "oh it's something I would do for you," like he didn't want it despite my repeated and constant assertions I had no interest in it.

porkswordonboard posted:

However, there ARE people who call themselves bisexual and never intend on spending their life with someone of the same sex. That's where it gets even more confusing, and I think where the anger from gay and lesbian folks originates. Drunkenly making out with another girl while listening to that one Katy Perry song doesn't necessarily make you bisexual, in my opinion. Bi-curious, really.

Telling people they have to define bisexual the same way you do is still erasure dude, sorry. Not being up front about only wanting something casual makes someone a dick, not kicked out of the bi club.

13Pandora13 has a new favorite as of 02:39 on Feb 18, 2016

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Fashionable Jorts posted:

MSG sensitivity isn't a thing. MSG went out of style because lovely people spread false information that was rooted in anti-Asian racism. It's starting to come back due to enough articles saying "MSG IS FINE!".

It's also loving delicious.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

Eh, it could be an unusually sparse breakout of dermatitis herpetiformis, which can be caused by exposure to gluten. Which is why things like "gluten free shampoo" aren't ridiculous; sone people get rashes from shampoos and body washes that have hydrolyzed wheat proteins in them.

I mean, it *could* but it looks exactly like keratosis pilaris like Kennedys said, which is far, far more common than real Celiac disease (and is managed with lactic acid scrubs).

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Madkal posted:

So USA schools never teach about the meat-grinder that was the Eastern front then.

We would never teach anything that would possibly paint Communist Russia as being on the right* side of anything.

(*right as in against Hitler but jfc communist Russia was awful to it's own people)

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Otisburg posted:

You know them hats you think of when you think "sailor hat" like on the cracker jack box?

Unless you were in the Navy you probably don't even know that girl's couldn't wear them. But now they can, and people are SO MAD about HATS.

Public posts/pages so gently caress 'em.
:biotruths:

I for one am also furious over this increased uniformity in uniforms.

When the Marines did the test run of same uniforms a couple years back it was loving gorgeous and looked so much better in formation so I guess good for this guy for being so confused about his sexuality he can't tell who to be attracted to without clothing indicators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBcWCIG_liE

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

SpliffClavin posted:

My inner creep is really loving all of these prom photos :heysexy:

Maybe I just didn't notice any last year, but my feed is being bombarded this year.

SpliffClavin posted:

I was being sarcastic. It didn't work apparently.

Yeah wow you sure got us.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, no, it definitely doesn't matter

The first part, punishing kids for not standing. It's a first amendment issue

Except they wouldn't write up the detention for refusing to stand, they would write it for "being disruptive in the classroom."

It's like how Georgia got around the supreme court telling they they couldn't have a moment of prayer in the morning so they changed it to "a moment of quite reflection." We were all still expected to sit silently with our heads bowed regardless of what they called it.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Recently I complained about/made fun of neopagans and someone asked me what kind I had to deal with that makes me think that way. It's this kind. I'm a dedicated feminist/ally and am all about being religiously inclusive, but holy gently caress this is so stupid it makes my brain hurt.

Just tell her to check out this on Netflix and watch her little world crumble.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Maybe it's just my cost of living but "no cuts of meat that cost more than $1/lb" is what stands out to me

There are no meats in the entire US under $1 a pound I'm pretty sure. $1.99 per pound chicken is the cheapest anything you will find like, anywhere.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Ensign Expendable posted:

How much for eyelids and hooves?

*shrug* chicken is cheaper than tongue and stomach were I live at least. Beef is very expensive. The cheapest I've seen it not on like, "spoils in 5 minutes" clearance is ~ $3.49 a pound. Bones (marrow, soup, etc) are expensive even.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Stuntman posted:

Depending on the size of the animal, a pair of deer nuts might fit the bill. One set's usually under a buck.

:thurman:

Holy gently caress dude.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

This post is crazeballs, but I think it's adorable Munn is taking some high and mighty position over Morena Baccarin when she played a moron interior designer girlfriend who eats a ring that was literally in human poo poo two scenes earlier like 6 years ago http://www.g4tv.com/videos/43133/slammin-salmon-behind-the-scenes-with-olivia-munn/

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Puntification posted:

You seem to have taken the fact she didn't find the role appealing rather personally.

I think throwing other women under the bus for something you have done yourself is hypocritical and petty when it's hard enough for women in media, so...yeah?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Slime posted:

democracy has officially failed

This is a glimpse of the future, when all officials have had social media presence since 4th grade. You can't delete the internet.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Ularg posted:

The reasoning that if someone gets sick off donated food they could sue you has been a thing for a long while as reason for companies not doing just that. But from what I've heard that fear is kinda unfounded. Unless they were maliciously giving out food that would do harm it is very unlikely someone even got a little sick, let alone got sick, found a lawyer that would work for "free" (until settlement/payout) and sued the company that donated the food to him.

But yea I think the wrath from up top may be more about not letting the homeless hang around their stores more often.

Yeah the whole sued for illness thing is literally bullshit that has never happened and there's an actual law to prevent that even if it had but companies use it as an excuse to not donate their food/"cheapen the brand."

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Maybe.

Wait, where am i? This isn't the loving mall!

"I've already been to the mall. And it sucked."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPDl2g8Upvk

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

My dream is that one day I will own or be in a high enough position of a business with a phone line to make sure English is the "press 2" option, just to make one of these people lose their loving mind and call me a Mexican/terrorist/jew traitor on Twitter.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Our change-out time in PE was like 3 minutes and we weren't allowed to use the showers. It was loving gross.

I went to a really wealthy (for a public) school but the good athletic facilities were reserved for the school's actual sports teams to use.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Garrand posted:

I'm looking forward to the time when Realdolls and fuckbots are advanced enough so these people can finally stop bothering real women with their issues.

This will be what causes the singularity, all of humanity will pay for the indulgences of the few.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/986690624215769088

Why does he keep mentioning selective service? Unless he's older than my dad the draft hasn't been a serious worry for his entire adult life and it's never coming back. Being an all volunteer army is the only reason we can have troops fighting overseas on a permanent basis and there's no way the military industrial complex is going to give that up.

It's also completely baffling because modern feminism does address and have stances on such things (along with alimony reform) and he'd know as much with a cursory google.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

TontoCorazon posted:

So is every single man on this planet a jerk off or a wanker?

At minimum.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

jivjov posted:

At what point did the internet decide that "being a nice person" was "virtue signaling", and that doing so was bad?

Doing anything not for the benefit of straight white men is virtue signaling/pandering/"SJW bullshit"/whatever obnoxious word GGers hook onto to be lovely.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

gently caress, just go to the GBS Eurovision thread to look at the massive hand-wringing over an overweight, not conventionally attractive women winning a contest that has nothing to do with physical beauty and has been won by grown men dressed as monsters.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

There's actually a bit about this in The Orville where Commander Grayson talks about the history of money and how, once it became obsolete with matter synthesis devices and the end of food, etc. shortage in the world, it was replaced with human reputation and ambition as a way to quantify "wealth." Despite being a Seth MacFarlane show it has the same kind of sunny optimism about the future as Star Trek TOS and it raises an interesting idea about how wealth functions in a society where monetary currency isn't a thing and all basic human needs are met.

It's never going to happen (physics aside even) but it's an interesting what-if concept.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Len posted:

Another lady in the same country just found out her dog was a fox.

Bear. They had a pet bear. http://people.com/pets/pet-dog-is-bear-not-tibetan-mastiff/

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Deviled eggs are loving gross, "salad" that has a primary ingredient of mayonnaise over say, a fruit or vegetable is loving gross, 1950s-1970s white culinary culture is a goddamn blight on food and the faster those vile recipes are forgotten, the better.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Publicly admitting to sexually grooming a minor: the hallmark of a highly intelligent man.

I hope someone sent the thread to the cops.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The solution is simple: if an artist turns out to be a garbage person, kill them

win-win

Forever banish their work to a DeviantArt account.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Djinn of duodenums

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Revenant of Rectums

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Wraith of Wombs

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Wow the blue checkmark bar is pretty low huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

anonumos posted:

I don't understand why Loomer et al keep losing their checks. Like, isn't it clear she's still herself? Or does the check mean something more than "yep, this profile is a real person"?

It's verification for "special"/important people (who may be more subject to impersonation) but it's not that hard to qualify for it apparently. So having one removed is kind of a gently caress you but it's not even remotely approaching a ban/censure.