Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

At moments my Facebook is flooded with all the Spanish versions of this stuff.

"A hurricane is coming, say amen."

"Something lovely happened in a lovely place, people are suffering, say amen to help them"

"Random gringo stranger is dying of something, say amen just because Jesus."

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

HAHA.

"Write Amen If You Belive That Jesus Is Always On Your Side"

Everyone is replying unironically.

The massive and fast "Amen" replies always amuse me, is like "Gotta write Amen as fast as possible before baby Jesus sees me!!"

Edit: Censored some of the names...

Desperado Bones has a new favorite as of 04:05 on Nov 20, 2015

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Weatherman posted:

Yeah, we didn't even like singing the national anthem at the beginning of school parade :australia:

Seconding that the pledge of allegiance is some hosed up poo poo. It's the sort of thing you'd say "Did you know that in North Korea they make schoolkids put their hand over their hearts and recite this oath of allegiance to their flag?" and Americans would nod sagely and say "NK's hosed up"

Haha, it seems US is the only country that does that? I'm very sure there's not a single Mexican kid that loves to sign the hymn and say the pledge every Monday at 8:00 am. I remember we would stand there, all sleepy and would just mumble the words,while sighing and whining why we had to do such boring stuff.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Happy Cinco de Cuatro!

Esto es maravilloso. :mexico:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

The French won.

The Mexicans won the battle but lost the war. Napoleon III then installed some Austrian rando as king but it didn't last.

Yeah, Austrian rando king got executed by firing squad and his wife went crazy.

Sorry for not sharing my social media idiots, I guess the closest thing was my own mother telling me all worried not to eat imported rice because people in Facebook said is made of plastic. I tried to explain her is impossible, and that was an old hoax but she kept telling me it was in the news (facebook) so it was totally true. :eng99:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Most are your run-of-the-mill "This proves Trump is innocent, checkmate libtards! :smug:"

6 months later dies of an infected tooth. "But her emails..." whispers with their last breath.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Fathis Munk posted:

I have wondered about that too. Is it just the wonder of discovering smileys? My mom recently started using WhatsApp and the smiley/message ratio is off the charts. It all culminated in a recent message that used only emoji to try an convey meaning.

Thank god my phone broke and I haven't bought a new one in months. Mom's already slipping in to old lady using technology territory. Dad's already there, sending prayers videos/gifs and chain messages to my sisters :lol:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Parasol Prophet posted:

The colors on those Twitter shoes are cute. Shame about all the Twitter.

Yeah, I'm actually extremely ashamed that I want the Twitter shoes because they look nice. :negative:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

She sees less from one eye :pwn:, get some lasik racist lady then you can use hot nerd girl fake glasses.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

IM SO SORRY THREAD

-cries-

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

nerdz posted:

look at those disgusting nasolabial folds

this guy's a pro.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

My best friend is named after a King Diamond song and she HATES it, even if the name is fairly normal. And there's a bunch of young adults and teens in my country named after anime characters :allears:
Just give your kids normal names, or don't let them know you named them after something you used like when you conceived them.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

My sister was an english teacher (as in second language) and she pronouncing "focus" as "gently caress us" during her first months of teaching was the best thing ever :allears: She realized of her mistake later and her reaction was even funnier.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

IamnotJoe posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/IvebZ

Wow. That's a whole lot of racism.

SO,after seeing all the racist japanese/black people comparisons, I'm guessing some of them were made by someone who has an extensive collection of anime (underage) girls figurines.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

On a click bait article about asteroids on a news paper's facebook-ish comment section :

Translation(ignoring the hilarious spanish grammar errors):
THE ASTEROIDS THAT ARE BETWEEN MARS AND JUPITER SHOULD BE DIVERted
so they fall on mars. two problems are then resolved, you avoid them impacting against earth or the moon
and mars' mass increases, so it generates gravity,similar to earth's and the future colonists don't suffer by the lack of gravity....
of course, they should divert comets as well, so it has water and can generate photosynthesis to produce oxygen.
If they don't increase mars' mass, the manufactured oxygen, will escape because of the low gravity.
this way, we avoid three problems, we avoid that an asteroid, destroys earth or the moon, and we would make mars habitable
and we would have another alternative for a planetary home.
Yours Sincerely from mexicali

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

That inspiro bot is really getting out of hand

defend what...what?
I thought SA was webpage with a dying gay forum with awkward and offending jokes.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

it's the best dead gay comedy forum out there, I won't deny that.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

RatHat posted:

I think it's referring to the times Ebaumsworld was stealing SA content.

Or maybe they are referring to :todd: ? Both were good old internet drama, if we want to be honest.

Dr Christmas posted:

Lol at YTMND being the epitome of a creative community.

Also :lol: at newgrounds.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Sarcopenia posted:

Isn't there there an uncovered magazine with a lady in an bikini pant on the shelf right above?

Yeah, but muslims!! :bahgawd:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

part of the anti-vax fear is this idea that your kid being born autistic is worse than them being dead. you woukdn't believe how many people just hate anyone who has any sort of development issue, and can't stand the thought that their kid could be born with this issue because of unfortunate genetics.

My mother was so close to stop my older sister from vaccinate my nephew, because she had read in facebook how bad it was and how it was the culprit of my nephew being in the spectrum. It took me a lot of talking to her and my other sister about how dangerous it was to suspend his vaccines. That he could end worse or even dead from a preventable disease. To this day I randomly keep asking them if the kid has all his vaccines, at least they agreed I was right, or decided the risk of death over something someone said on the internet wasn't worth.

Desperado Bones has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Jul 10, 2017

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Ularg posted:

I will just never understand how people are just so willing to accept anything they read off of Facebook. Maybe we're no better since I regularly trust goons on Goon Doctor. :v:

But still, my sister is the same way. Even though I have enough experience to fix anything wrong with her computers she will always try to argue with me that some rando she talked to on Facebook is more correct than I am about how I need to give her the password to the Router control panel so she can connect her wired laptop to the internet.

(sorry for the rant)

Don't worry, btw my mom is the one who was freaking out over the plastic rice hoax. :lol:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

zoux posted:

Why would they tell you the time in military if they have no idea what it is.

Using time in military is super common in my country, so I many times use it naturally. Which leads to me always giggling at the confusion of any foreign person I met on the internet when I say stuff like "I gotta leave at 14:30 pm".

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Why would you say 14:30 pm when there's no 14:30am?

Because I'm dead bored at work and didn't pay attention when typing? :v:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

more like jon boner

He's jealous of his latino "friend"'s big house:

I can only imagine how awkward everything was. :allears:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I remember being the only "openly" nerd girl in my group D&D comic readers college friends (considering my cultural background and where I live on, girls liking comics,action movies or playing video games was "un-lady" a few decades ago). Most of them stopped talking to me because I was never interested in dating any them, at all.

FYI They were annoying while trying to hit on me. From super shy shy nerd guy who was literally shaking when talking to me, to the guy who recently was slowly stepping in to stalker territory.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I poo poo post sometimes, what do you expected?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is there a connection between social media idiots and overuse and misuse of ellipses?

What.........................do you mean...................................................................................................?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Ularg posted:

We goons are really good at spending money just to complain. Also yea, Steam community is baaaad.

I'm surprised we goons, and this dead forum, are still relevant.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

:lol: if you identify as a goon.

pls use gooney,gonneir to refer to goonme.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

I shouldn't, but I get uncomfortable saying 'black' when I'm speaking Spanish.

I'm sorry, but sadly we don't have another word for black person and the color black in spanish.

Edit: If you want to be super PC, you can use African+nationality to avoid using black in spanish when referring to a human being.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

hyperhazard posted:

I've met people who honestly believe Africans (you know, the entire continent) sat around in mud huts until white people came along. I don't know about other countries, but world history is poo poo in American schools. You might learn about European wars and stuff like the Silk Road, but African history centers around the slave trade.

:v: Some people still think my country is 100% a hot desert, that we ride donkeys and wear sarapes 24/7. As we are forever stuck in the Hollywood version of our Revolution.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

TheKennedys posted:

It Came From Facebook!

The setup:

The immediate mansplaining:

The only person I know in this conversation is Olive Yu, but I want to buy Clara Fication a beer for pulling no punches

I loved Clara's reaction. Which is mine as well.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Aw, god...I want to make a bunch of cock jokes but you guys won't get it.

Verga is spanish for cock. Reading the word "Vergina" made me burst in juvenile giggles

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

zoux posted:

Calling Link Zelda is a microaggression against Gamer-Americans.

ending ending: gently caress loving gently caress gently caress up gamin gently caress trump loving gently caress fucker gently caress pee tape loving real gently caress gently caress.

edit: seriously, that was an overuse of the word "gently caress".

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

They're from different genera :confused:

I live in a place where people call opossums, "foxes". I have no clue WHY that happens.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

From the Obama Facebook where he is adressing the DACA thing. I want to live in this person's parallel universe.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Weatherman posted:

Serious question, is that word so toxic in the US that you can't even type it out when you are having a serious sit-down conversation about it? It's really weird seeing you all type out "the N-word" or "the N-bomb" and seeing even newscasters saying "the N-word" instead of "a racial epithet" or just the word itself.

It's not a magical incantation that will summon the demons except tiny brontosaurus. Does no one understand context anymore?

I'm not even american and I know the history behind that word, and why is wrong to say it, even in a serious discussion.

This whole thing reminds me of this youtuber I stopped following once I realize he's a gamergater and probably a white supremacist. Can't wait for the day he shouts a racial slur live.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I'm giggling at the fact that they most of them look barely 17 and the dude on the middle probably asked and begged his mom to make him a cool suit, that goes with his cheap hat. Which was badly done. I'm not an expert, but that's looks like an awful sewing job.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

For instance, dying alone

Hey, hey, come on. Most of these people got cats, or tiny dogs.

(That will eat their rotting bodies)

Desperado Bones has a new favorite as of 13:37 on Nov 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

LISTEN UP BOYS

So, is this a dom kink roleplay thing?