Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

It is a Marilyn Monroe quote. That is why every fat and psychotic chick quote her because MM was the living embodiment of female privilege that they aspire too.

...except she never actually said it, it's a notoriously misquoted saying and no one seems to know who originally came up with it.

Eta darn beaten etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Is this like those price comparison sites for your gas and electric but for religions instead?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lottery of Babylon posted:

At the dawn of the 20th century, Britain had the greatest empire the world had ever seen. It stretched from the boreal vastness of Canada to the ice floes of the South Pole, from the scorching deserts of Egypt to the steamy jungles of New Guinea.

In 1900, British king Edward VII ruled over a quarter of the world’s population. His navy was the largest, most modern, and most ruthlessly efficient fighting force on the planet. His was the empire on which the sun never set, the undisputed global leader in science, technology, and commerce.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10/29/british-hoodie-apostrophe-fail_n_6068308.html

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Guest2553 posted:

I'm already doing a mental inventory of acquaintances that were mostly okay who have either turned into woefully ignorant and regressives or finally feel safe to say what they really think. I work in a very patriarchal and conservatively aligned career field that's been slowly eating away at me, and this will only hasten that process.

All the more reason to go outside, I guess (not least of all because a lot less nature will probably exist in a few years after the limitless potential for damage a republican controlled house/senate/presidency can cause).

If what happened after the Brexit vote over here is any indication, a Trump result will give carte blanche to anyone who voted for him to be openly hostile to anyone they consider a minority/immigrant. And you guys have guns.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's a big old terrible clusterfuck, that's for sure.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Praseodymi posted:

They also replied to that tweet talking about how easy it is to 'trigger the libs'.

"I'm not TRIGGERED, I'm ANGRY! It's different! !"

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
She also got followed by a woman who filmed her for about half an hour and them when the police showed up she started blubbering and crying like she was the one in trouble.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Is this Ken M's wife?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

My friend sent this to me. It’s an actual ad that popped up while she was browsing.

http://danielpiechnick.com

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if he was a goon.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

Has Blippy gotten Milkshake Duck'ed yet? If not then I gotta imagine there's something brewing beneath the squeaky voiced layer.

My 2 year old loves this guy. He is easier on the eye than the UK counterpart, Mr.Tumble. these things are important when you are faced with many, many episodes of them on a wet Tuesday afternoon.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
poo poo meant to add a picture of the moon faced man.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I would not have expected S.A. of all places to be pro-Tumble. Guy gives me douche chills, I can't explain it.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

It's because you're a douche, hth.

Mr Tumble is great.

:allears:

I think in my head I imagine him to be all Kristy the clown terrible off-stage. I can appreciate his talent as an entertainer but given the choice between hot young Blippi and older rounder Tumble I will always choose the former. :shrug:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

I would say screenshot this for posterity because it's going to be deleted soon after everyone in this thread with a twitter account reported it, but I think we're all better with it not being here.

I missed it. What was it?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh Brexit, you are bringing out the spesh.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

This is it... this is it.... this is it!

Anyone who hasn’t seen the documentary Style Wars absolutely needs to. Just one of those films that was made at the exact right time, capturing the heart of the hip hop and graffiti community in NYC. Phenomenal film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4jniA9QsNI

Thanks for this recommendation, that was an amazing watch. I wanna know what happened to all those kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes when I read through this thread I think back to the days of that guy on FB who was obsessed with Titanic and becoming a Fireman. I miss those days. I wonder what became of that guy.