Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Megera posted:

Terrorist attacks are triggering, I don't like knowing the world has lovely people.

Four bumps in six minutes too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

Well they know that if they hit Nawlins' the response from the US Gov. will be long!

On second thoughts, why don't they invade Detroit?

We already have Dearborn, and yes people have already said we should kill all the Muslims there as a precautionary measure.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Laverna posted:

I've been pretty lucky to have no horrible stuff about the french attacks or muslims on my feed, but has anyone else had a poo poo ton of people saying "Nobody's talking about Lebanon/all these other places that were attacked!"
Is there going to be this flood of "Why do you only care about that thing? What about all these other things?" every time a tragedy happens?

Just let people be sad, guys. Don't try and make a point out of it.
This has basically been my whole feed. I made a huge ranting status about it that appears to have gone over well so maybe that will die down. I'll definitely take it over "kill all the Muslims!" though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bugsy posted:

Public page, and :drat:.

That's actually pretty funny

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
LoB you should go find Craig Pillard's reaction to Disma being kicked off festival bills for metal IOSM action.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think that's more of an anti-refugee thing but he's a douche either way

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Birb Katter posted:

Please counter with this.

You think that person would listen to Obama?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm definitely stealing "ignorant pile of idiot."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Uh, I think you may have forgotten what thread this is.

We post here because we have the etiquette not to do it on fb

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Here lies Heily...

"Her name was dumb"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

constantIllusion posted:

Remember these are the same type of people who thought Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" was about date rape.

It is.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

remigious posted:

I am at work so I cannot present a screenshot, but there is a guy on my friend's list that keeps posting articles about the Bristol Sex Gang and saying "where are the feminists??"
I don't even really understand what the gently caress his point is, like feminists are supposed to fix every loving problem in the world?
He also posted a selfie and said, "Let's see some men get comments on a selfie."
gently caress him.

Ah yes, the sexist equivalent of "Where's Sharpton?!"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Murphys Law posted:

Somebody shared this earlier today. How do you even respond?

"lol"

Alternatively try to hit 'em with a BOFA. There's no reason to engage other than to make fun of them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I'm not sure if that's real, if only because someone has been making fake MSNBC tweets out of that template.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

eddoghetto posted:

Alternatively try to hit 'em with a BOFA...

. ..BOFA deez nuts.

Thanks for explaining my joke to me.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Anybody else frequently get people posting years-old articles about famous people dying? Today it's Dave Brubeck (died in 2012). I used to get Chinua Achebe a lot. If y'all were so sad about it, maybe you would've noticed when it happened?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Someone fighting the good (albeit overly nitpicky about grammar) fight: https://www.facebook.com/reece.monkman/posts/10206919265531746

It got deleted : (

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
and I thought LOB was gonna be the one to get this thread gassed.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
A 19- or 20-year-old posted this on his mom's wall.

:nws: For chocolate penis.

Henchman of Santa has a new favorite as of 16:47 on Dec 13, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Let me guess...this person didn't serve.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

fullroundaction posted:

Did you know that if you replace some amount of letters in a word with some amount of different letters it sometimes makes a new word? :eng101:

Stupid concept aside, I'm still not even close to understanding what the intended meaning of this is.

Health is a team effort

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This has been making the rounds (the "Who knows...15 min" was added by the person sharing).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

lifg posted:

There's an "idea" going through conservative thought now, where Donald "Why doesn't he show his birth certificate" Trump isn't actually problem for the GOP, but is instead a problem for skeletons and therefor the left.

I mean that's expressed in an insane way but his popularity being a reaction to "PC culture" is a pretty common explanation.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

lifg posted:

How many browser search/replace scripts do you have running?

Just the two.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Krispy Kareem posted:

Complaints over a Black storm trooper seem odd because weren't the first ones cloned from an Arabic or Persian guy? Luke and Han are the only White people we've ever seen wear the helmet. If you watched only episodes 4-7, you might think all storm troopers were Black.

The clone troopers were from a Maori guy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
IIRC Harry Potter fans were also mad about Blaise Sabini, a character who has like one line in the entire series, being black in the movies.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

TinTower posted:

The books neversaid that Hermione wasn't black. :shrug:

No, but they had drawings and she was white in them. Still a dumb thing to be mad about, obviously.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rolo posted:

My news feed is blowing up with a Fox article about a black man who was pulled over in Tucson, reported his conceal carry, didn't get shot, then rants on Facebook about how maybe all cops are good if you aren't some ignorant fool.

How the gently caress is "black guy pulled over, not shot by police" news?

I got that poo poo months ago. "See, a cop did his job! Therefore there is no problem."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Detroit Lions made the mistake of wishing people Happy Holidays and the anti-PC brigade is in full force.

And a lot of angry "You guys can't even get this right!" comments. Unfortunately it appears that they've deleted the dude with the Minion profile pic who was responding to everyone saying that they're PC and are what is wrong with this country, but was censoring words like "mor*n" and "los*r"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ratbert90 posted:

Huh; that lady should have unfollowed them because their the Detroit Lions.

There are more than a few "you guys can't even get this right" jokes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's one thing that honestly baffles me about politics in general. One single, tiny failure can completely torpedo something if it gets amplified enough. It's on the level of a butterfly flapping its wings and causing a hurricane. You might think "what does a dropped football have to do with anything?" but then next thing you know it changes the face of a major election.

We may have been an ill advised scream away from President Howard Dean.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I'm confused by most of this but mostly on how it's political correctness

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

A few pages back but -
In October 2006, New York City had another into a building and nothing happened besides both people aboard the aircraft were killed and 20 something people were injured. A guy at work who believes all the conspiracy theories Alex Jones tells thought this was absolute proof 911 was an inside job done by the illuminati since it didn't collapse.

Also since it was the New York Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle who was flying the plane it was the illuminati who killed him for some reason.

Also it was the illuminati that made it so their wasn't 24/7 news coverage for weeks like 911 because they don't want people to ask questions.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_New_York_City_plane_crash

So does that mean the illuminati are Sox fans or

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ratbert90 posted:

African Americans used to be called niggers and they where fine with it! It was the preferred way even!

That's not even close to the same thing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Krispy Kareem posted:

And yet Putin gets no grief for crying.

I think that was during the Soviet national anthem or something though. So maybe tears of joy are cool.

Tears of patriotism are just expected.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ihatechesspieces posted:

I come from a (small) town in ARKANSAS

Pulling over for ambulances and processions: an Arkansas thing

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

Wait, so all those gun nuts in America hoard weapons... Just to hoard them? They don't even go to the shooting range?

My father owns a couple of rifles because he likes hunting. He keeps them in a locker in the lower part of the house, closed with a key nearby so that it takes a while to open it. When I was little and asked him why go through all this trouble, he told me that guns are dangerous and to keep them on hand sqngerously so.

People definitely go to ranges with them. Gotta get practice in if you're gonna defend your home

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Shut the gently caress up and post your dumb friends and relatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
A friend of mine died yesterday. Everyone from our college has a status about it, which is fine. But it also led to this rather harmless bit of IOSM:

I...can't really think of a polite way to tell her the problem here.