Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Pussy rear end refugees, why don't they just suplex the terrorists, like I, a real Ametican, would
When the gently caress has there been a case where Americans had a chance to be refugees? If things were as screwed here as in Syria you can bet there would be plenty of American refugees.

Instead we've just helped create situations where people from other countries wind up as refugees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

First google result for "bomb alarm clock":
http://www.amazon.com/Novelty-Defusable-Alarm-Clock-Bomb-like/dp/B00C587QUM

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Listening to other people who aren't like you and not being an rear end in a top hat: Exactly the same as getting off on having another guy gently caress your wife.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

I don't trust Blue-Skinned Cyber-Hillary, that's for sure! :v:

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

And yet, I'm pretty sure Trump isn't concerned about Malaysian Muslims.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Christ, and the hits just keep on coming (maximum artifa-cation, too).

Is there a full moon or something?

One thing these idiots do for me is make me thankful every day that I loving left.
"In America we like to murder brown people!"

I mean, I really don't see how I'm supposed to get anything else out of it.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

It looks like the page Photoshopped the sign to read something awful, then the admin(s) and page fans started claiming that it was all just a social experiment to see whether or not it would make people angry and we all just fell into their trap.

Just according to keikaku.
I love (hate) when guys say something dickish and then go "I was a complete turd for no reason and people reacted accordingly! DANCE PUPPETS!"

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Is he talking about how Mya Taylor won a Film Independent Spirit Award?
http://www.etonline.com/news/183313_transgender_actress_mya_taylor_makes_history_with_independent_film_spirit_award_win/

Leave it to Matt Walsh to be a dumbass about something like that.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

See, I'd be more on board with this if the father then handed his daughter a bulletproof vest, because otherwise it just makes it look like the guy has no idea what a screen protector is actually for. But then if your concern is that people are going to devalue your iPad by having sex with it... I guess that makes more sense than the same thing happening to a woman, actually.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

YOUR WELCOME MUSLIMS
AND ALSO JEWS

WE ALSO ADDED GARLIC
BECAUSE YOU'RE TOTALLY VAMPIRES, RIGHT?
OR ARE WE CONFUSED?
ANYWAY, YOU'RE MELTING RIGHT NOW, RIGHT?

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Meanwhile in real life:

quote:

Goddammit, it only took me five seconds of Googling to discover that (again) Safe Spaces are nothing like what South Park thinks they are. Nobody is talking about giving celebrities Safe Spaces to be famous in, the discussion is about college kids who have traditionally been victims of harassment being allowed to not be victims of harassment for a while. Like, if you're a gay college student and active in the PRIDE group, you can go to a "Safe Space" where you're allowed to just hang out and people aren't allowed to ask you questions about what it's like to be gay. It really just sounds like a "home" to me and ... I haven't been keeping up, but we're still allowed to have private homes, right? And to choose who we live with? I wouldn't choose to live with somebody who listened to dubstep, and that's my right as an American. I assume that right extends to people who don't want to be called a "loving Jew" while they're trying to watch the new season of Daredevil.
So basically this guy is getting mad over stuff like young gay folks having places to hang out where being a lovely homophobe is against the rules. (Well, actually he's mad at a shared hallucination of what Kids These Days are like.)

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I just don't know what to make of this

"If you have a valid opinion you should be able to tirelessly back it up"

If your opinion is valid, apparently you are required to answer dumb questions about it nonstop, because that's a great use of your time.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

Doesn't the Yugioh card game have some of the most simplistic mechanics of any of those TCGs?
My understanding is that it has some of the most convoluted and annoying mechanics of any TCG, and also the player base is awful to the point where game stores have outright banned adult Yugioh games.
http://www.d20alameda.com/2012/12/08/no-more-adult-yugioh-tournaments-or-play-at-d20-why/

So, not playing Yugioh isn't exactly a knock against one's intelligence.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

My daughter just won't stop dating African warlords. Good thing I made my family live in a shack and eat nothing but rice and beans for 20 years to afford all these guns!

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

NotAnArtist posted:

I normally consider my friends on fb to be moderate and as a result I lack any sort of content for the thread. This morning I woke up to an old buddy from art school having shared a couple of articles from Milo Yianoppolis (or however the gently caress it's spelled) and some woman named Lauren Southeren condemning false rape claims and I lost a significant amount of respect for him :(
I mean, when someone does actually make a malicious false accusation of rape that's legitimately messed up, but every bit of evidence points to those cases being overwhelmingly the exceptions to the rule, especially compared to how many rapes never even get to the accusation stage.

Also, there was the interview where Milo more or less admitted to being a sociopath, and it's utterly transparent that he's a vapid provocateur who writes the worst kind of tabloid garbage, AND he works for of all places Breitbart, a site founded by a man whose only purpose in life was to hurt liberals by any means necessary, and said site somehow got even worse after his death. So if someone is unironically resharing Milo's articles, losing respect for them is pretty natural because they've just shown that they like what decent people will immediately recognize as obvious garbage.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/08/magazine/milo-yiannopoulos-doesnt-have-feelings.html?_r=0

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Ularg posted:

Okay this one is great:

"Hulk Hogan will break you, in a courtroom, if he has the backing of a Silicon Valley millionaire who has a grudge against you."

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Von Humboldt posted:

Wounded Knee is being bandied about as exactly what happens when you trust the government and give up your weapons. It's a way to minimize the shooting at Orlando while taking a swipe at gun control in the immediate aftermath. Like, straight up, seen this put out as a "You think Orlando was bad? This is what happens without guns!" This, of course, ignores a lot of history - but the people who share this crap don't really care, do they?
Somehow I'm guessing that this is the same crowd that doesn't want the Redskins to change their name, is angry about Andrew "Let's Kill Indians and Also I Hate Paper Money" Jackson not being on the front of the $20 bill at some point in the future, and generally likes to gloss over how the US was created and expanded through genocide, of which Wounded Knee is just one chapter.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

It's slang for Asians/Middle Easterners who attempt to enter Australia in really shittily made boats because they're desperate to get the hell out of their homes.
I was wondering, because it's also an (AFAIK pretty neutral) term for one of the waves of refugees that left Vietnam, though white people who know anything at all about anything Vietnamese beyond "a war happened" are super rare.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Superhero Comics: Totally the best genre in which to complain about characters going through radical changes.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

I don't think I've ever seen "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE" done with Clint Eastwood before.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

"I'm a man, and I'm astonishingly insecure about it."

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Should female circumcision be legalized? (self.MGTOW)
submitted 6 hours ago by Mutamba_zimbabwe

Hello, black mgtow here.

It's always been an African tradition to circumcise girls, all our religions, tribes, and races do it. It is in fact good for girls because it stops them from committing adultery and paternity fraud. The girls will later be grateful they are circumcised cause they know it makes them loyal wives and devoted mothers. Plus the clitoris is not that important to women anyway cause women only have sex as an exchange for money or resources. Orgasms are not at all important to women like they are to us, that's why when western women talk about female circumcision being awful they only bring up how it might cause infections or how painful the procedure itself is, cause they don't see orgasms as something worth whining about, a woman's brain is fundementally different from a man's when it comes to sex.
I keep waiting for MGTOW to actually Go Their Own Way instead of relentlessly, bitterly, creepily whining about the evils of women nonstop.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Well, first they all died because of Amazon. Remember when Amazon was a bookstore?

The first to go were the second-tier price-warring guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKVyQn_GB1g&t=509s

If you weren't Borders or Barnes & Noble, your days were numbered. And for a while it seemed like even those were on their way out, but then they congealed and started making Nooks and poo poo, which I never would have seen coming.
Also when B&N first came on the scene they put a lot of smaller bookstores (like the one depicted in the comic) out of business. Libraries were a thing for centuries and bookstores did fine.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Postal Parcel posted:

So, twitter has this thing where they show the trending hashtags. Everyone knows this yes?
Well, I see there's a new one #youtubeisoverparty

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/youtube-slammed-by-creators-about-pulling-ads-from-inappropriate-content-1201850250/

Basically, YouTube is now notifying users when their content has been barred from monetization.
Cue the free speech people:

https://twitter.com/jeyyounit11/status/771413021977608196

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/771448521291501568

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/771383378947997696

https://twitter.com/mrbraindead12/status/771452097321635840
Man. There are honestly some concerns over the policy being overly broad, but JuiceBroLawyer & co. are making it really hard to care too much about it. If bile-filled 90-minute YouTube videos can't be a source of revenue anymore, there are a whole bunch of shitheads who'll be forced to get real jobs and not whine about Anita Sarkeesian for a living.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Which brings me to the subject of this post. When should you hit your woman with a stick?
Somehow I'm guessing this guy isn't having kendo practice with his wife.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm so glad someone on my friends list subscribes to the Anti-Feminazi Facebook page.
You have two cows.
They didn't teach you how to feed them in computer science.
Both cows dies.
It's almost like relatively few college majors cover the care and feeding of cows or something.

People are still, so, so ANGRY about what they imagine gender studies classes are like based on hearing the name and literally nothing else.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

"I have no idea what cultural appropriation is actually about or why it could be bad, but I am FURIOUS that someone is asking white people to stop doing something."

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Your Computer posted:

"Technically correct :grin:"

Cultural appropriation is one of those things where there are a whole lot of people who are FURIOUS at what they're imagining it to be in their heads. It shows in how the guy who made this thought he had an :iceburn: when he just demonstrated that he has no loving clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Is he racist? Well, he's the absolute favorite of white supremacists in this election, his supporters toss around anti-Semitic tweets like confetti, and he himself called one of his own supporters a thug and kicked him out of a rally because the guy was black. At best he's an extremely racist-adjacent nativist demagogue.