Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I live in Paris and you can guess what my wall looks like at the moment.

There is this one image that is making the rounds at the moment, containing a little text that basically says that France incarnates everything religious fundies hate, blablabla, the text is not the point here.

The fun thing is
1) the quote is attributed to the New York Times, a pretty respectable institution
2) gratuitous water mark of... someone ?
3) shared from a page that has nothing to do with either and
4) the little text at the bottom saying that this was published in the NYT before correcting itself to say that it's actually just a comment on an article :v:

And then the bonus, right below that post on my timeline was...

Hmmm, terrible cropping and artifacting, how I've missed you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

VoteTedJameson posted:

I don't know if anyone else got this but I'm being flooded with "What about this OTHER tragedy" posts scolding people for being sad over Paris.

Interestingly I see those reactions even on my mostly French Facebook. Though so far my friends haven't ventured too far into scolding yet.

An image that resumed the whole thing pretty well :

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lottery of Babylon posted:

But on the other end racism brought about civil right movements across the world that many say improved the world. Take it how u want.

Wow, racism is good because it brought forth anti racism movements.

loving Olympic gold in mental gymnastics right there :wtc:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Edit: thank you for that edit.

LoB cementing his status as best gimmick poster.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Shayu posted:

I recently saw this on my Facebook by a friend who post this, I do not understand where he got it but I think that it may be useful information?

Love the censoring. You wouldn't want to be too vulgar.

(also im 195 cm aka 6'4 in moon units, whatup :smug:)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Well, I'm off to my insanity driven murder spree, but first lemme set my color to bright red real quick.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
How could you link that and not this gem

https://youtu.be/szRag94JwQQ

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Nice.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
This is the version for people who grew up physically but lot emotionally. It's the dark edgy reboot of do you like me notes.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
How can you be that loving dense? Motherfucker rivals a black hole.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:laffo: are we on the way back to hieroglyphs?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It's actually Bristol England.

Also that sex gang was a whole lot of underage rape and prostitution and I'm pretty sure like most normal human beings, feminists were not in favour of that. Did he expect them to mount some sort of vigilante group?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
El-lizard-beth

amazing.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I love how the onion always changes the name and date on that article to match the latest shooting that made it into the media. :allears:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I'm getting such strong fascist vibes from that one.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Tbh even if the health department is giving the vaccines out for free, it still means big pharma is getting their hands on your money :v:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

"Overpasses for America" :confused:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Mince Pieface posted:

I can't wait to be an abusive rear end in a top hat and scar my child for life!!

Goddamn that incessant font switching is obnoxious and poorly executed.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
IoSM : Profound isn't it... Think about it...

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
So in their nightmare world the holocaust was cut out of history class because it was not PC? How do they even come up with bullshit like that?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

------> ::(: <-------- you clearly don't know westerners Ono......no wait, I take that back. Considering we bitch about every little subject I can see where he's coming from......I'm moving to japan.

quote:

Utter bullshit!

And yes, New Ken makes me way more uncomfortable than that juicy slap on that perfect rear end.

quote:

Even video games are not safe from PC culture.

Disgusting.

quote:

Because feminism and the "SJW" ruin just about everything

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
No no, free everything as in government hand outs. As a true liberal he wants everything provided for him for free without working. Duh.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Elderbean posted:

I found this hive of insanity and creepy issues about women.

https://longingfordeath.wordpress.com/page/2/

:eyepop:

That's a whole new level of self hatred.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Patrick Spens posted:

It's fake you idiots

Yeah :happened:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

RareAcumen posted:

Incidentally, is there any thread to talk about video game controversy that's not in GBS or Imp Zone? I wanna hear more about people flipping their poo poo over Dead or Alive and Street Fighter V

Once upon a time there where the gamer.txt threads and they were fun and good. Then they turned to poo poo mostly with gamergate and they died afaik no one dared make a new one yet? I guess if you want to give it a try you could try and start one with the ol' "post content or get probated" to try and avoid derails ?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

mng posted:

Yeah I get that. The dialogue in the strip just looks awkward if it was presented by itself.

Welcome to the world of Jeph Jacques.

To me false rape was always on the same level as the good old sperm jacking bogeyman. Though I think I preferred the sperm jacking period.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Pastry of the Year posted:

Sure, you may have followed Sementanks dot com on Facebook in order to keep informed about the best deals and sales on semen tanks, but you'll also appreciate their cutting-edge political commentary.

Very nice. Looks like a reliable website/company, I'll deffo turn to them for all my semen tank needs from now on.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Hey Jeff,

Congrats on finally have a fat girl in your comic, you depicted her SOOO well! I understand that not ever girl is rail thin like Dora and curvy like Faye so its nice to see a REAL woman like Marigold in your comic. I have to give you props for having the courage to tackle such a sensitive issue too. I mean she did have any rolls, or stretch marks or even a muffin top, and I think that's great. Ya, put her in a bikini, break down those walls. Your a regular Gobachev my friend. Lets just say keep up the good work, next you can depict the “fatty” Marigold having a “fat issue” and being told its okay to be fat and its whats inside that matters. You can even end it with a butt joke like you always do.

Inconclusion, the above paragraph was sarcastically written. Try not to insult women anymore Jeph, I know its not what you intended but that doesn’t meant its not what you did.

~Kearsley

Iirc he stabbed himself in the hand after some rabid fans turned on him for drawing his "fat nerdy girl" not fat enough in a bikini.

Jeph Jacques posted:

So:

Basically what happened yesterday is i drank an entire bottle of whiskey, stabbed myself in the hand (not my drawing hand), had some kind of delirious breakdown in the hospital, got stitched up and sent back home.

Today I go to see the hand surgeon about my hand and a therapist about my emotions.

I guess something like this was bound to happen eventually. The monsters finally caught up. But at least I am ok. I feel very, very bad about all of this and would really like to apologize. I'm sorry.

There will be some guest comics for a few days. Thank you again for your patience.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Yes.

But would be sharing that thing considered :filez: ?

E: Here's the "conclusion" at any rate.

quote:

Current and Future Directions
Our review highlights limitations warranting further inquiry. First, the studies reviewed have overwhelmingly examined self-reported prejudice. Although individuals with stronger cognitive skills might be better at masking socially unacceptable attitudes, responses to straightforward questions about out-group attitudes are unlikely to require elaborate cognitive skills of the sort that differentiate those with lower versus higher mental abilities (for a discussion, see Hodson & Busseri, 2012). Furthermore, negative relations between mental abilities and prejudice also occur among university students (e.g., Keiller, 2010) and young children e.g., Costello & Hodson, 2014), and occur independently of education, rendering this account unlikely. However, in more complex or nuanced contexts (e.g., job-hiring decisions about candidates with ambiguous qualifications), those lower in cognitive ability may be less able to inhibit biases, failing to recognize and execute socially appropriate responses. We therefore urgently encourage the future use of nonreactive and
implicit measures of prejudice. Second, extant research has examined only Westerners, limiting the generalizability of its findings to other sociopolitical contexts. Psychological characteristics typically associated with right-wing socially conservative ideologies are also likely manifest among defenders of the status quo in totalitarian communist regimes. More research is needed to advance our understanding of social conservatism
in non-Western societies and its relations with cognitive ability, resistance to change, and out-group attitudes. Finally, associations between cognitive abilities and ideological attitudes in the economic-hierarchical
domain remain underinvestigated. Theoretically, economic (vs. social) conservatism represents an unlikely mediator (Heaven et al., 2011), but this remains untested. In closing, we want to be clear that this review does not inform the rationality, accuracy, or validity of right- or left-wing ideologies, but rather helps to illuminate cognitive factors contributing to ideological and intergroup attitudes.

quote:

Recommended Reading
Hibbing, J. R., Smith, K. B., & Alford, J. R. (2014). Differences in negativity bias underlie variations in political ideology. Behavioral & Brain Sciences, 37, 297–307. A comprehensive review of the literature on the differences between liberals and conservatives in their physio- and psychological responses to negative environmental stimuli.

Hodson, G., & Busseri, M. A. (2012). (See References). An article presenting evidence that lower metal abilities in childhood predict greater prejudice in adulthood through right-wing ideologies.

Van Hiel, A., Onraet, E., & De Pauw, S. (2010). (See References). A meta-analytic overview of research on the relation between right-wing ideologies and behavioral measures of cognitive style and ability.

Zuckerman, M., Silberman, J., & Hall, J. A. (2013). (See References). A theoretical and meta-analytical overview of research on the relation between intelligence and religiosity.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 01:14 on Dec 16, 2015

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Who What Now posted:

Who wants some Pure Platinum grade insanity?

If you click one link in the IOSM thread this year... make it this one.

:gizz: unh yeah that's the good stuff. We really need a gamer.txt thread again.

Also yeah Voidburger is a goon and has made some very nice LPs of silent Hill games. Pretty sure they are on LP archive.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That's why gamers.txt was so good before it spiralled down the GG hellhole. Just nerds getting way too mad about stupid poo poo that does not matter.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Thank god the dude told us it was scientists from Germany, else I would never have believed it.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

This almost makes me think that edit was ironic. Why not blame the Jews? They are actually literally pro-circumcision on the record, and also they exist (and are already a popular conspiracy target, too!). Why do the illuminati care about dicks? Why would Satanists, who don't exist in the way people think they do, but those who do are basically libertarians who believe in freedom? Why is it hilarious to me that when I see "male genital mutilation" I think MGM and therefore the former Disney park? There are so many questions. Luckily, Alex Sheppard will not rest until all answers are known.

Uh he's not blaming the jews because that would be dishonest and a lie and Alex only tells the loving uncoated bitter truth. Don't try to blame it on the jews just because you can't deal with a satanic illuminati conspiracy.

Not cool dude.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Wow thanks for that good haul. That was some sweet poo poo.

Also lol at that shameless ploy with the little timmy photo. They couldn't be less obviously fishing for likes if they tried.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
They don't actually care about star wars i think :ssh:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

oldpainless posted:

That was actually the sound JK Rowling made when she signed her newest book and movie deals.

:eyepop: I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you I love your posting.

I really never got why those people are so afraid of colored people. As a white guy I can't say anyone ever stole my job or my woman or my heritage. And I mean it's not like our society has become biased in favor to POCs, on the contrary we haven't even reached equality yet. I'm working in academia and boy are POCs underrepresented at work.

I guess I'm just fascinated by how those people think the POCs are stealing their jobs and women while at the same time being lazy and dumb and terrible at everything. As a poster in the freep thread put it : "by furious goal post shifting the enemy is both pathetic and terrifying."

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Stoatbringer posted:

YOU IGNORE 3 OF 4 DAYS -
FORCE 4 DAYS ON EARTH,
THEY ALREADY EXIST.
4 HORSEMEN HAVE 4 DAYS
IN ONLY 1 EARTH ROTATION.
4 ANGLES STOOD ON 4 CORNERS.
4 CORNERS ROTATE TO 16 CORNERS
WHICH EQUAL TO 4 CORNER DAYS.
TEACHERS ARE EVIL LIARS - THE
ONEness OF GOD IS STILLness DEATH.

Still the best crazy person.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Wanamingo posted:

Why is it that so many people put spaces before their punctuation ?

In France that is actually the correct way to type. When I learned it at school they taught us to put a space before and after !, ? , ; and :.

I actually think it looks better so I keep doing it most of the time.

Not saying that all people typing like that are French but maybe there are other countries that also use this scheme.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
What the gently caress hillary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

FlyinPingu posted:

that's what makes it so crazy, it goes from kind of reasonable to "loving kids is natural" in 0 seconds flat :eyepop:

Yeah that's some p good poo poo.

I also love the "ANIMALS DO IT/DON'T DO IT" argumentation in general because it's just such a bad argument.(Also animals do the damndest things)