Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I recently made a mockumentary about the non-existence of the moon. We called it "The Dark Side of the Truth."

I'd post it, it's on YouTube, but it's also in Swedish so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

First of all, that theory is as old as the movie itself, at least it feels like it.

Secondly: stop blowing things out of proportion. And stop the "these movies are all linked!" things while you're at it. Your precious Tarantino movies won't get any better just because people have found obscure eastereggs suggesting a shared universe.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

9gag counts as social media right?

"Female". Not woman, mind you. Female.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Wellp. Prince just died, so I expect a "I don't care" post from Facebook within the hour.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Arrogance is by far the most common denominator between conspiracy nutters. Which is really stupid, really. If you have this "alternative" theory about something, and if you want to gain support for it (presumably you would, right?) then you shouldn't really alienate potential allies by acting all high and mighty around them. I guess good social skills and conspiracy theories aren't usually a common mix.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

SpacePig posted:

What I'd like to know is who, exactly, benefits from people believing that the earth is a globe.

The same people who benefits from the fabrication of the moon, obviously.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Elderbean posted:

There are like a million prince conspiracy theories floating around already, it's great.

I imagine his remark about "waiting a few days before praying" or some such was taken as a coded message, a defiant cry of help from the clutches of the NWO.

Never change, truthers...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Josef bugman posted:

Tha'ts the one that has kool-aid in it, right?

And in regards to the moon landing nutters I was once accused of "Sucking the cock of the establishment" by someone for believing the moon landing happened.

Once you start digging into their claims, you quickly decide that the claimed hoax would be more difficult and expensive to pull off than an actual manned mission to the moon.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Brought to you by 9gag, with the title "Females in space".

What the everloving gently caress is it with these bumfucks and their refusal for the word "woman"?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Sarcopenia posted:

In the future I'll make sure to spam every single musician I like so that in case they die everyone will know that I'm not a poseur. That is truly what listening to music is all about.

It was also why I spent every waking minute calling my grandparents asking them if they were still alive.

And the jerks didn't give me a dime in their wills. Wasted effort.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

"SWJs these days"

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

A whole bunch of artists has cancelled shows for political reasons in recent weeks, including Bruce Springsteen and Ringo Starr.

The salty tears of gay-bashers over it has been very tasty indeed.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I have a classmate who spent hours crying about Prince. I don't know anything about the guy except Purple Rain, but I don't see why it's so goddamn hard to show respect for those who actually cares.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Scathach posted:

Im begin you

To me it looks like a severe case of eczema, which us of course not pleasant at all, but hardly deadly.

Then again, it is a good Ol' share-and-it-will-fix-everything post, so it basically exists in its own reality.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Besesoth posted:

Remember that whiny rear end in a top hat who complained about a kid getting Best Costume at a Harry Potter release event? They have a friend:

This is like that time I heard a fellow Springsteen-fan complain that he never pulls up men on stage, only women and children. There are MILLIONS of male Springsteen-fan(atics) out there, why don't we get to dance with him?!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

zakharov posted:

I don't know anything about Minecraft but doesn't this dude have a history of being a fuckhead?

He's pretty terrible, from what I've seen and heard. And he often had a fedora to top it off. Great sign, that is.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Karma Monkey posted:

What's amazing/appalling is the amount of support he's getting. :stare:

He created Minecraft and is super successful. I guess that's enough for anyone who knows nothing about anything outside of gaming.

I loving hate gamers sometimes.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

FAROOQ posted:

The word mansplaining is a great indicator that you're talking to a racist.

Or a multi-billionaire giant of the gaming industry.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Nuebot posted:

I like the complete lack of self awareness in getting upset over a derogatory term but calling someone a oval office.

I loving hate the C-word. Most other words I'm fine with but that one I have no patience for.

gently caress Notch, and gently caress the fact that he's Swedish. We can do better as a people

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

There 's no Total Annihilation on that list. Not a true gamer.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I've never been happier that I never got onto that Minecraft hype train.

What a sad sack of poo poo.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

So you're not going to Autismcon?

I thought there wouldn't be a Star Citizen con this year?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Byzantine posted:

Why not "manderstood". Goddamn.

I love it when they can't even be clever when they re-write words for their own needs.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say just how much I've come to like SA the few years I've been here. A community that seem to almost universally hate on MRA scum and racists as much as I do. Truly, Internet delivers from time to time :)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

2006 in gaming:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I've seen this before but I get equally angry every time.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

china bot posted:

American word of the day posted: just in case you thought Dia de los Muertos was another excuse to paint your face

That's not quite as sexy as the latest Bond movie would suggest.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

My grandma's husband's brother-in-law was a bombardier during WWII. That's as good as you get when you live in a country that's been (officially) neutral since 1809ish.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Can't help but think of the time I saw someone write "happy Hiroshima Day!" Coupled with that picture of a woman who had the pattern on her shirt burnt into her back. The person didn't get what the fuzz was about when everyone asked him what the ever loving gently caress he was thinking.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Immolat1on posted:

I want to agree with you, but bigotry knows no bounds. From the same FB page:

*shudders*

I shudder to imagine what the modern Republican Party would say and do if they were put in the same shoes as FDR back in '41.

Not saying internment camps are cool in any way, what I'm saying is that I doubt they'd have a problem with them in the same circumstances.

BigglesSWE has a new favorite as of 10:20 on Jun 1, 2016

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

There's no more idiots of imgur thread, but this is just :stare: :gonk:

http://imgur.com/gallery/lubpQ

A great, more fuel to the "all rape not connected to immigrants are just female LIES" fire...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I think 2016 is the year in which you should let the members of NATO cast a vote as well, because the rest of the world envision a future in which Trump has the keys to the greatest arsenal of nuclear weapons on the globe, and the world lets out a barely audible whimper of horror.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

TinTower posted:

The ERB fandom is the worst.

Women-only raps they do tend to get more dislikes than the others. That's how I remembered it at least.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Youtube comments are fair game, right? This is a reply to "New Zealand are bad at soccer lol".

Talks like a Swedish Democrat (nationalistic racist party) so hey, I believe him.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I'm... not sure I understand the cultural references in the post. Can any Kiwis and/or Swedes weigh on on "the Titanic was a tragedy because they lost"? In my mind, he's referring to the sinking of the RMS Titanic and that makes no goddamn sense.

Not making any goddamn sense is pretty much what the Swedish Democrats is all about. They're the kid of people who think halal meat magically transforms you into a Muslim, I'm sure they have some weird conspiracy theories about Titanic somewhere in the back.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

Yea i like the comment "oh look its my dads facebook page"

Conservatives on twitter are never not a source of IOSM, but lucky Bruce Campbell is on the case!

Most people named Bruce are decent folk.

LoL nvm a bit of brainfart there.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I expect a whirlwind of Trumpesque tantrums in the coming hours.

Very sad to hear the news. Also angry that people who would gladly ban gay-marriage (and beyond) now think they have carte Blanche to stamp on anyone named Omar.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

cash crab posted:

ask and ye shall receive

I wonder if he thinks G.W.B is to blame for 9/11. Might be worth checking out.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Dunno who this is but I sure as hell hate him.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Not something I ever expected to hear from that person. :stare:

Anyone talking about Manson in any sense than the "look at that insane mofo" should be on some kind of watch list for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Lizard Wizard posted:

C'mon man, you're not even god-king yet.

Seen similar stuff in Sweden. Right-wing racist party don't like what the "established" press digs up about them, so they either treat them horribly at press events (like refusing to give them chairs to sit on) or they specifically ban certain reporters.