Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

FAROOQ can be quite funny when she wants to be and so I have been giving her the benefit of the doubt but yes, the gimmick needs to improve soon

I thought gimmick accounts and being a huge rear end in a top hat were both against the rules?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Soviet Commubot posted:

RANDOM
HORSE
MEMES

Horse people are, without exception, 100% loving bonkers. I'm talking about people moved to tears by the horsie winning the Triple Crown.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Here's a thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimethylaminuria

quote:

Trimethylamine builds up in the body of patients with trimethylaminuria. The trimethylamine is released in the person's sweat, urine, reproductive fluids, and breath, giving off a strong fishy or body odor. Some people with trimethylaminuria have a strong odor all the time, but most have a moderate smell that varies in intensity over time. Individuals with this condition do not have any physical symptoms, and typically appear healthy.

There is no known cure or treatment for the disorder.

Affected individuals experience shame and embarrassment, fail to maintain relationships, avoid contact with people who comment on their condition, and are obsessive about masking the odour with hygiene products and even smoking. The malodorous aspect can have serious and destructive effects on schooling, personal life, career and relationships, resulting in social isolation, low self-esteem, depression, paranoid behaviour, and suicide. Psychosocial problems resulting from delayed diagnosis, body odour and the lack of cure are considerable, making this far from a “benign” disorder.

yikes

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I'm sure I'm missing some cultural context but I can't understand getting this mad about a singing competition.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

Even if you have a billion dollars because you created a game that is beloved by millions, you cannot escape being an idiot on social media.

I don't know anything about Minecraft but doesn't this dude have a history of being a fuckhead?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Even when I was 12 I didn't care this much about video games. As someone who was in high school from 2000-2004, I feel like a missed a cue.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Final Fantasy VII is good

In fact, the only good video games ever are Final Fantasies 7, 9, and 10.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Scratch Monkey posted:

Why is it called Final Fantasy if there are over 10 of them?

They thought the original would be the company's last game. It wasn't.

Grey Fox posted:

how/why did you post the 6 upside-down like that

FF6 isn't that great.

Folks, we've achieved the pinnacle of derails: Final Fantasy debate. Congrats to everyone.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I don't think it's that hot of a take to raise an eyebrow at the All-White Forces of Good battling the Dark Unwashed Hordes.

No, this doesn't mean Peter Jackson or JRR Tolkien are/were cross burners, but it's not bad to be attuned to this kind of thing.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

CommonShore posted:

the university of japan :allears:

I attended the prestigious University of America

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

What happened in the last 10-15 years to make alleged adults take video games so seriously? I'm fairly certain I never got this mad about video games even as a teenager.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I wonder what percentage of people posting 9/11 pictures have ever set foot in New York?

I live here, I saw it firsthand, and few things enrage me more than seeing it used as a crutch for bigotry by people who are happy to rail against New York Values at all other times.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Look at this idiot

https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/status/736253728278388736

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Puseklepp posted:

Could you share it?

https://archive.is/ZnMKo

Spoiling this because it's exceptionally creepy

Met this girl on a dating app. She came right out and said she would be up for a hook up only.
We go out and I take her back to my place. My roommate and three of his male friends are there but leave shortly. She is quiet the whole time. I ask her if anything is wrong while the six of us are talking. She says no and fiddles with her phone.
I ask her to watch a movie. She says ok. She starts talking about how she needs to leave when the movies starts. I joke with her about her promise. She laughs, I laugh. I move in to make out with her. She isn't into it at first. I ask her if she is ok. She says she is ok. She fiddles with her phone a bit (reception is really bad in my apartment/area). I gently take it from her and put it down. She seems ok with this. She smiles. I move in and try to start things again. She is into it.
Sex happens. After, I go to take a shower and I come out and she is gone. My back door is open. I drove so she doesn't have a car.
About 20 minutes later, the police come by and arrest me.
Apparently, she says she felt unsafe and I raped her and when I left to take a shower, she "fled" the house and went to the neighbors to call 911.
They found her underwear in my house and they said it had a bit of blood in it. I don't know how that could have happened but it could have been there before. The sex wasn't rough.
I am not sure where to go from here. They said I'd be assigned an public defender because I am so poor.
I didn't sign anything or admit to anything. I just told them it didn't happen like whatever she claimed.
They won't tell me if the rape kit came back positive for force or not and they won't tell me all of what she said.
WTF happened? How do I not to go to jail forever because of some crazy sensitive person who read the situation wrong? If she had told me no at all I would have stopped or asked me to take her home, I would have.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

TinTower posted:

Today the IoSM is Twitter.

I've seen so many of these and I want to interview someone from Twitter Support. Death threats, hate speech, and other garbage that violates the Twitter TOS goes unpunished. Why bother having rules?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

SpacePig posted:

I actually really like a clip I saw earlier

actually it's a magazine

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Baron Corbyn posted:

I just sometimes wish Obama was the guy they think he is

A lot of us do

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

What is that ((( ))) thing? It's shown up around a few peoples' handles on my feed.

It's a way for Nazis the alt-right to signal that someone is Jewish.

https://mic.com/articles/144228/echoes-exposed-the-secret-symbol-neo-nazis-use-to-target-jews-online#.dxQEQui1N

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Vanellope posted:

My mom always taught me that everyone is equal and that I should be respectful of other cultures. She was always super progressive, in every sense of the word. I grew up around kids of every color and culture and sexual orientation.

Then she turned 65 and it was like she became a completely different person. Suddenly she started posting racist stuff on Facebook and sending me emails about how I should be careful around Muslims and stuff like that. I legitimately don't understand what happened to her but the older she gets the more racist she becomes. Last week she sent me an email asking if there were a lot of Muslim immigrants in my neighborhood because "she worried for my safety". Oh, and she's whining endlessly about "entitled people" and "welfare queens" now too.

I don't even know what to do about it, it's embarrassing and infuriating and I've tried to talk to her but she won't listen to me. How does that even happen? She used to be awesome. :(

Has she been to the doctor lately? A major personality change like that can be a symptom of something bad.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not reading 5000 words of rambling, how does he justify flying clothes in from China as being "efficient"

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

It's like the same people who hate Milo Yiannopoulos so much are, coincidentally, the ones who don't get he's deliberately stirring poo poo up and are just giving him exactly what he wants.

and google recognises me typing his name as mil yillNPOLOUA :iiam:

Nah man you don't get to be an rear end in a top hat under the "I'm just trolling" cover.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Who What Now posted:

Ignoring him won't make him go away, that has literally never once worked in all of human history. It'll just make him become more and more obnoxious until he does get the attention he craves. So might as well keep him from escalating and get some catharsis in the process.

Yeah this. Ask any woman on the Internet how well attempting to ignore assholes makes them leave you alone.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

How do you keep someone from escalating by doing the exact thing that's escalating them.

I think what escalates him more is his army of cheering syncophants who unironically agree with the poo poo he says.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

no gun chat please shut up i'm begging you here

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Nuebot posted:

Please tell me this one is fake at least because it's kind of legit scary.

I'm no gun expert but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to point a gun at something you don't want to shoot.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

That's really pretty much it. They, in an incredibly obviously sarcastic manner, "threatened" to kill Obama and that got the Secret Service to visit Lowtax.

One dude literally said "I can see where Marine One takes off from my office, what's the range on an RPG?"

The Secret Service usually doesn't see the humor in that.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

BigglesSWE posted:

I couldn't give less of a gently caress about WWE but John Cena is awesome every day of the week. Youtube commenters can go gently caress themselves.

Here's my personal favorite from that comment section:

"Dear Youtube, it would be nice to see something that honors our troops or shows our history other thsn just equal rights poo poo 24/7 please."

If there's one company that never mentions The Troops, it's WWE

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Atreiden posted:

I love this one, it has God literally punishing people with eternal torment, despite them having done nothing but good deeds. Why would you worship such an evil god?

Because it's the objective truth

The people that follow this nonsense aren't picking from a menu. For them, God being real and judging by faith alone is as self-evident as the sky being blue.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Congrats you found an obvious "parody" "troll" account

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Interns aren't running the social media feeds of candidates, corporations, or celebrities.

Well, maybe Trump but I'd just as soon believe he's doing it all himself.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Congrats to this thread for making me feel paranoid because I lock my phone

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I refuse to believe most of these people were this attached to a mildly amusing 80s comedy before a remake with femalezzzz was announced.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I assume that once Hillary wins they'll think he'll lead the impeachment drive.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

How would you describe the color of a hot dog?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.reddit.com/r/asablackman

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Yesssss Milo is banned forever, bring on the MRA schadenfreude

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

"Trolling" always seemed like a weak word for violent threats and harassment. I'm old enough that I remember when trolling was just riling people up on message boards.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Went to Dave and Buster's at a friend's request today. This is a bold statement but I'm reasonably sure they have the worst food in New York.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I posted in the wrong thread but I'm glad you enjoyed my post anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Stuntman posted:

Did they have DDR A at the one you went to?

They had some DDR machine but two people monopolized it for a solid hour :mad: