Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Isn't the point of that image supposed to be someone yelling and sperging about something completely unimportant and the angel comes down with a note that says "okay" because yes we know you're mad, but you're mad over something dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Stoatbringer posted:

Maybe she has vitiligo, just on her face?

Or maybe she's seeing poo poo that turned her white? I mean, that's a pretty common description for someone who is terrified out of their mind, "She went white as a sheet when she caught her brother having sex with the dog"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Technology exists to just have Elba be everyone in a movie. And it would be the best movie EVER.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Laverna posted:

Can we all just be Idris Elba?

I identify as Idris Elba and demand to be treated as one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Why would you make snoop dog autograph an anime

Anime fans are NUTS. During SDCC, Marvel had an stream where they'd have guests on and people on twitter could ask them questions, and someone was spamming "do you watch anime???" over and over. It to to a point where their head of Social Media had to say "stop asking this question" on the stream.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BJPaskoff posted:

If you watch Twitch streamers, and God help you pay attention to the chat, that's the most common question next to "Do you play (my favorite game)?" Anime fans really can't stand not talking about anime in any public setting for more than a few minutes, even if it's not relevant to anything going on.

Yep. I like anime, not as much as I used to though, but I still watch stuff if I hear its good or whatnot. But like Doctor Who i never talk about it because that always end up talking to someone who's way to into it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CobiWann posted:

That's...that's a camera.

What the hell kind of dildos are you using?

The ones made out of cameras.

:ughh:

http://i.imgur.com/OoPPNWD.jpg

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

I know it's 9gag, but this is very cringey.

I have the whole book of these. Some are pretty funny, but a lot is as you said, cringey.

Picnic Princess posted:

And many more countries gained independence peacefully, what's their point?

The guy who posted that probably has a lot of guns he can't do anything with and there's a secret Muslim who's planning white genocide and going to take away said guns, so he's got to do SOMETHING.

I do like how when you challenge these people on what Obama has done to become a Tyrant, its very nebulous.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah that's some p good poo poo.

I also love the "ANIMALS DO IT/DON'T DO IT" argumentation in general because it's just such a bad argument.(Also animals do the damndest things)

Animals eat other animals alive on a regular basis.

Hey, at least they don't also throw in the whole "well, in enlightened countries like Japan..." part. Not to long ago there was a discussion on the forums for the Anime Con I work at about the ban on Loli stuff in the con. It was a huge long screed about how its just drawings and how this is an Anime Con and celebrates all aspects of Japanese culture and loli is part of the culture. How kid loving is a "accepted part of Japan" becauase Lolicon is so popular over there. I wish I had saved it because it was some glorious "anime is real Japan" stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

This is really dumb. Not only are they throwing stones while living in glass houses, they literally are showing a man in incredibly good shape just because he looks awkward in two pictures.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's an age old political tactic, though. If anybody is the slightest bit prominent they're going to have cameras around them a lot and have people taking their picture. Somebody as important as "literally the highest political office in a nation of 300 million people" is going to have a hard time going somewhere that cameras are not going to follow. It's a question of volume; take thousands of pictures of somebody and you're going to be able to find enough to make him look like a complete doofus. On the other end you're going to find a few that make him look like a prestigious person in a prestigious position.

So of course that person's opposition is going to go through the thousands of pictures, find the handful that makes him look like a tool, and plaster them everywhere saying "hey look at how much this guy sucks! These pictures make him look bad lol he's a weak poo poo bag amirite?"

Robert Stanfield was a politician in Canada from the East Coast that was from an era when being a Conservative didn't mean being a complete loving shithead in every way. When Premier of Nova Scotia, he improved human rights, the arts, brought in healthcare and infrastructure and helped much of the province transition to a more modern state. He became leader of the Federal Conservatives and ran against Truedau. He lost, but then in a future election the Liberials had not managed the economy very well and it looked like the PCs may win it. Until this photo was taken
http://i.imgur.com/b2Laoqu.jpg
This sunk the campaign. Thing is, Stanfield had been tosses the football around for a while, and missed it once, but that's all that was needed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PhazonLink posted:

Dont forget that Conservatives also love Putin. Even though Russia is suppose to be evil commies.

This sounds like STDH so I should have screengrabbed it but I saw this exchange on a article on FB about Russia doing something else scary
Poster 1 : America needs a strong leader like Putin. He defends his people rather than coddling their enemies.
Poster 2 : Yea! We need a strong President to protect us from Russian aggression!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

My favorite thing is he calls himself a General.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
http://i.imgur.com/LR8xG1D.jpg

Maybe because the mainstream media doesn't cover non-existent events, or if it actually did happen, did want to give attention to a bunch of xenophobic fucktards?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fathis Munk posted:

Uh the article clearly states they're patriots

Does anyone outside of Kojima use Patriot as not just another word of xenophobic fucktards?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Somehow I thought this was the case. I've seen more than a few images of crowds claiming that they were celebrating or protesting something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Every time someone I know shares a article about healthy eating and such, i check it out, and then I find that that the "sources" are all Natural News and such sites and full of garbage about PESTICIDES and EAT ORGANIC!

I feel wrong commenting on them, pointing out the suspect sources, but these people are legitimately trying to lose weight ( as am I) and I don't want to call them stupid. It's a hard thing, and people can end up looking for anything that can help. As I've said, though, its not harmful, just makes you pay more for food, and it may help you think more about what you eat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

oldpainless posted:

loving old people

Just hurry up and die grandma

The best thing is the next generation of Republicans are the gamergaters, MRAs, internet libertarians and probably internet atheists.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

om nom nom posted:

When I walked around with a shovel 15-20 years ago(jesus christ I'm getting old) I was more often told "lol I have a snowblower I'm not going to pay you to do something that takes me 3 minutes". It stopped being a productive/ lucrative use of time and became walking a mile while holding a shovel.

Don't blame lazy kids blame lazy adults.

This. Also realized that they offered me 50cents to do their driveway and walkway. gently caress you. It may be 1989 but 50cents is still nothing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PUGGERNAUT posted:

A lot of people don't believe in inflation/rising costs and think that "shoot, 25 cents was a lot of money when I was a kid, surely it'll be enough for a movie for this 15-year-old today".

My dad who's nearly 70 complains about this all the time. "When I was a kid, a buck was a fortune. You could buy so many comic books and chocolate bars for that much back then. Now, its nothing but Person X i know still acts like its a fortune". He was totally with me when I told him I wasn't going to shovel snow for pennies.

The funny thing, this image was shared by someone I know. Though someone they know posted "I offered the kids 5bux to shovel my driveway and they said they'd do it only for $20" as a response so yea, they aren't aware of the situation.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

Terrible math and thinking they made a difference despite it breaking records all over the place.

Precious.

Is this math you do to make you feel better?

We were laughing at this in a FB group. How deluded do you have to be to think that even if everyone who came to ROK didn't see the TFA, it's such a low number, its a drop in the bucket for the juggernaut that is the film.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The person who caused my to post the comment about the eating healthy and such now is posting about scaaaarrry smart meter stuff. She posted an link to an a guy using a giger counter to measure the evil radiation coming off the smart meter

its in french but its basically "smart meters are gonna kill us!" Thing is, why does his giger counter look like a prop from Star Trek? Also, is it calibrated properly? I know after fukushima, people were running up and down the west coast screaming about huge clouds of radiation they were detecting on their giger counters they bought off amazon, none of which had been properly set up so it picked up the regular background radiation of the planet and started screaming.

http://www.ayoye.com/videos/un-quebecois-devoile-de-troublants-details-au-sujet-des-compteurs-intelligents/

It's really bad when you see someone you know fall for this kind of stuff again and again. I do have a friend who honestly thought Ammonia wasn't natural. Luckly when I explained that yes its totally natural, lots of bad things are natural, she didn't get upset.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

What the GOP actually want to do is take away the EBT cards and replace them with...nothing.

Because those people would suddenly jump up and start the next Apple or Microsofts if they weren't kept down by all the free handouts that enable them to live better than honest working people.

Yea, people honestly believe that living on welfare is so fantastic, there is no incentive to actually get a job. Which is insane, but poo poo like "oh they have a fridge" and they found some surfer dude that used ebt to buy lobster once. Oh and a receipt that showed someone buying lobster and mt dew on ebt (but that guy was actually using one he stole from his gf and was turning around selling the stuff).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

And the underlying assumption that poor people should never have anything good or pleasant happen to them and should live in grim stoic austerity.

Oh yes. The lobster receipt thing from snopes
http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/receipt.asp

Yes, poor people should be forced to eat only the most basic of food stuff. It's their fault their dads couldn't find them a job in their firm.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wish I could find a larger version of this
http://i.imgur.com/xu7JuWy.jpg
And it was paired with this
http://i.imgur.com/UMBB7ec.jpg

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Taber posted:

These people aren't libertarians because it isn't in their best interest, and that makes them bad. I'm a libertarian because it is in my best interest, and that makes me good

That sums up libertarianism: me me me me me me me!!!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

Even if you only have one ear, you can make money on the internet, you idiot, you utter buffoon

I love when they use someone who is a rare true genius in "anyone can do it" stories. There's a reason we're not all Bill Gates or Woz's, because they had that rare combination natural gifts and luck that can make you rich and successful.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FreudianSlippers posted:

If they made officers write a detailed report for every single bullet they discharged than shooting would go way down because who wants to do a bunch of paperwork?

An alternative solution would be to simply shoot every single person on earth dead. That way there would be no more people left to shoot so all shooting deaths would drop to zero pretty soon.

Police departments straight up demand that they have to do less paperwork, claiming that they spend too much time filling out reports than going out and catching criminals. Obviously this also will enable them to hide stuff. Also demanding Police to be held to any standard is considering anti-cop by most of the Media, it's been happening.

hyperhazard posted:

Having rich and successful parents helps too.

I was considering that part of luck. And Natural Talents would include not just being smart or creative, but knowing how to make the most of of those. I'd also include having the right idea at the right time.

But there is nothing like seeing someone who was born into privilege sit back and say "let me tell you something about all your lazy moochers out there!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This reminds me of a article i read about people in debt and how they got out of debt. It was about a couple who's combined income was around $175k Canadian a year, she was a dentist and he killed people will bullshit cures (Homeopath) . They were around 300k in debt because they not only owned an home in an upscale Vancouver neighbourhood but also owned a condo in Fort Meyers Florida that they lived in from Jan to March, shutting their businesses down.

Somehow this was an cautionary tale, becuase everyone who's in debt just did dumb things like buy a half million dollar condo when they were still paying off a 2 million dollar house, and removed 3 months worth of income from their budget just so they wouldn't be cold. There was also a story about a guy in Calgary who had an mini rink build into the basement of his mcManson and refused to not use it all year around, causing his power bills to be astronomical. People always act like this is what all the people who are in debt are from. It's not they're in debt from just trying to live, or schooling or anything that's just life. Nope its because they spend their money on expensive luxuries.

I mean, there are people who do, but you know they are far from the representation of the majority of people in debt. It's always their fault, not someone elses! You don't want to be poor? Go get a better job! Don't have the skills to get a better job? Go back to school! and it becomes an endless cycle of blaming people.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TheKennedys posted:

Been a while since we drug this out, I think it's about that time.

The pouty faces just made the original that much more insufferable.

I will always love this. It's up there with "poor people have fridges!" in the gallery of what rich right wing people think life is like.

Eponine posted:

I read something via a Pinterest thing I saw that was similar re: getting out of debt, but it was a military family that used a $20,000 relocation payment to buy a trailer outright, then paid off $10,000 of credit card debt from a lawsuit settlement. So they were able to pay off their debt in something like three months and live virtually rent free and save like $2,000 a month with only one parent working in a family of four. And the entire thing was like, "If I can do it, you can too!" Yeah ok. When I get a $30,000 windfall in less than three months, live in a shithole that allows me to buy a trailer for $20,000, I will follow exactly this advice.

Oh that's fantastic. Yea, nothing like showing someone who essentally won the lottery as an example of sound fiscal planning.

I always wondered that that family was using the candles for. I could only think Satanic Cult, but you'd think they could ask the demons for a loan for something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
http://i.imgur.com/arJ1Ym8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Njwn8MQ.jpg

Posted together by the same guy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Government jobs aren't real jobs - what the Right Wing believes. Why else would their solutions to economic woes is to put more people out of work?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Well you got a gun for the bathroom, one under the pillow, one in each of your cars (two in the minivan), leave one at the office, carry two at all times, one each by the front and rear door of the house, etc. That way you're ready to go should an "urban youth" trouble you.

Plus, you need to hide ones in every place you've seen in a movie. Up on the china hutch, on a swivel under your desk, taped to the back of doors. Everywhere man. You never know when Obama is gonna come for you guns!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I made a joke about them needing socks and snacks on a friends page who was talking about it and someone else said "Who cares about their preparedness?" and i honestly had no idea how to respond. How can you not tell how serious and sane these people are if they don't think in the middle of winter to bring extra warm socks? Was no one a boy scout? I thought these guys were manly men who knew how to live off the land, but they're clearly pampered rich folk who can't think of the basics.

I kinda want to send them kale chips.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fashionable Jorts posted:

India has one of the most vocal mens rights movements in the world. A country where women can be slaughtered for disrespecting their family needs Men's Rights.

I have always had a hard time believe that so-called honour killings are a lot less common than what internet Atheists and right wing Islamophobs would have us believe.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Birb Katter posted:

For those of you who don't know Sydney, the 'inner-west' area that they're talking about is solidly upper middle class. Million dollar homes, well serviced by public transport and ammenities. There aren't many places in the country richer than that area.

His part of the city is just as bad as the Compton of the late 80s/early 90s. It barely has any artisan coffee shops and only one organic market.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Paper Jesus is here to harvest you. Come quietly please.

Taaaaake onnnn meeeeee...

IN a shocking discovery, it was rampaging motorcycle mechanics that killed Jesus and not the Romans.

twistedmentat has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Jan 7, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just don't know what to make of this

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

"empathy. compassion. If you like Starbucks, please loving kill yourself."

I just realized what this reminds me of, this classic AUG

I'm smarter than everyone, and more modest.

Madkal posted:

I feel like that is ends with "People don't like me because I am too real!!!"

Probably things like "I'm not racist, I just speak the truth" as well.

My favorite thing I saw was someone complaining about Tubbman by saying "This is a slap in the face of all those to died to defend the cause of the south". So you mean, defending Slavery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Maker Of Shoes posted:

"I'm smarter then them"
"then"

:negative:

Don't forget Things I No.