Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Pussy rear end refugees, why don't they just suplex the terrorists, like I, a real Ametican, would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

So question as someone who doesn't follow politics: How much stuff is Hillary Clinton actually guilty of? I see so many conflicting jpegs and 'fact' sheets I have no idea how much of a 'criminal' she's supposedly supposed to be.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

"Walk Dis Way" makes me think that person worships Aerosmith, not Jesus.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

CeramicPig posted:

What the gently caress :psyduck:

I like how this starts off as 'normal' trashing/Trump-apologizing, then by the end goes full lizard man.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

There's no way this isn't a troll image.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

So I made the mistake of getting into a debate about NPR and PBS loosing their funding, and it went in an...unexpected direction.

Is this a thing that people believe? I've never heard this argument before.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Where have you been the last 8+ years? This is a commonly held belief among the right-wing Internet groups. Breitbart is always pushing these ideas.

I tend to have not many right-wing friends (this one is a friend of a friend), and even the right wing friends I have are fairly moderate.

But this, is there any basis in it? It sounds "Obama is actually a Jupiter Lizard Man for the 5 Jew Bankers" level of crazy.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

How to argue on the internet 101. If someone is not on your side put their """"""arguments""""" in as many quotes as you can to prove your superiority

Rich Uncle Chet has a new favorite as of 20:09 on Feb 6, 2017

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Dienes posted:

I'd be so tempted to respond with, "Then how do you know the people writing the opinion pieces aren't lying?" just to see the mental gymnastics.

I've thought about responding along those lines, but honestly this guy's been like that for years and has only gotten worse as time goes on.

There's no point in arguing wuih him, he'll just insult you and/or act exceptionally smug and then go on, content that he's the smartest one in the room.

I don't know enough about the wage gap to intelligently comment on it, but my GF is a scientist and has shown me large amounts of evidence on climate change. I don't know how any reasonable person could deny it

Rich Uncle Chet has a new favorite as of 01:33 on Feb 7, 2017

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Mak0rz posted:

Not only Reddit, but specifically a subreddit made by and for his fans.

It's how you know someone's really gone off the loving rails.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a lot of overlap between Jon's fans and fans of other review shows like Nostalgia Chick and Todd in the Shadows? They tend to be pretty left leaning and sane, so it doesn't surprise me they wouldn't just blindly follow him.

Reminds me of when Spoony went nuts after his girlfriend left him, though this is way, WAY worse.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

sex shop clearance rack posted:

Johnny D Goode

Edit: wait, Johnson B Goode

Jonny Pee Goode

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Squidster posted:

Did you think Imgur could forgive a hot woman for existing? The hive mind et al seems to have decided to turn their hateboners on some model who posted to r/roastme. Two days in a row now Imgur's FP has had people shouting about how savage their multi-page hate essays are, and how bitches like her totally deserve it.

Holy poo poo does Imgur hates women.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ygp0B
http://imgur.com/gallery/KuYK6

TLDR:

Surprise surprise, the nerds who spew hate at the pretty girl for perceived lack of depth and insecurity are actually themselves shallow and insecure. "She looks like the girl of my dreams!" He doesn't know anything about her other than he finds her attractive, and that's all he needs for her to be the girl of her dreams. Doesn't get much shallower than that.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

So we all know who this whole current FBI situation is going to be bad for: Hillary Clinton

Friend just posted this link of FB:

http://www.hannity.com/articles/hanpr-election-493995/bad-news-for-hillary-fbi-could-15822807/

Mark Hannity's words, this will be the end of the DNC and nothing more.

Rich Uncle Chet has a new favorite as of 20:52 on May 12, 2017

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Checkmate Liberals. (Posted twice by an old co-worker from College and again by an aunt).

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The poster in question (friend, not my aunt, she reblogged the image without any context), implied that all of these were the fault of the democrats.

Either he didn't realize half of these were under the Bush Admin, or thinks the dems were secretly behind all of them.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

jivjov posted:

Yeah; apparently there's even more recent ones. I'm not sure if he's actively trying to commit suicide-by-food, or is just in denial.

So wait, there's a guy who's 'job' is to just eat copious amounts of bad-for-you foo--nevermind I already know the answer to this :smith:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Hmm. It's almost like climate and weather aren't the same thing.

Weather and climate go hand in hand, didn't you go to elementary school. Furthermore something something fake news something something why do we still have ice caps

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

People aren't wasting any time getting outraged at the outrage

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

A fedora/trilby in someone's profile picture is slowly becoming shorthand from "Basement Dwelling Virgin White Knight" to "I'm a person with really lovely attitudes about Race and Gender, but harmless since anyone could kick my rear end"

It will also never stop being funny to me that these Fedoras claim that they're the nightmare of "Snowflakes" everywhere then get upset and outraged when there's ANYTHING that offends them.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

So a friend of mine from HS decided to share her "me too" story. She detailed in college working as a waitress how she was called things like 'sexy,' 'hot stuff,' 'sweetie', etc, how men would grab her rear end without consent, refuse to tip her without giving them her number/sitting on their lap, etc. The thread was mostly full of people showing sympathy for what she had gone through, until A REAL MAN showed up.

Red is the OP, Blue is the gentlemen in question, yellow is a friend of the OP

It continues on like this, with various people calling him out, and him doubling down. Last I saw he was calling dudes white-knight m'ladiers and bitches, and was asking why the OP was even complaining since she wasn't an 'ugly feminist'

Rich Uncle Chet has a new favorite as of 16:58 on Oct 19, 2017

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

"Imagine how stupid those Snowflakes are going to look when they see this!"

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Not an idiot per se on Social Media, but one of my Facebook friends is a sweet Old Lady I used to work with when I had a part time job at the local libary

All the replies are from other old ladies blissfully unaware of what a Furry is, and I don't have the heart to post and tell them that later tonight those two will be having sex in those costumes.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Data Graham posted:

Not sure what thread to put this in, but IOSM seems closest.

Yeah big fuckin talk from someone who would have made his money by following Rule 0: "Be in the right place at the right time"

Thanks for the goddamn attitude Jimmy Johns

They can't say Bill Gates' name directly, because not only did he not say this, it runs pretty antithetical to a lot of the stuff he believes.

Also, gently caress Jimmy Johns. Where on that rule board is "It's totally cool to shoot endangered animals so you can feel like a big man"

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Even the poisonous plants are caged in and are more like 'a normal sized human shouldn't chow down on this' vs 'lol you touched it, enjoy your agonizing death'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he mentioned Wolfsbane, which I believe can be fatal if touched.

It seems like not unreasonable to at least be concerned by something like that, especially if it's just a hobby

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Kevin DuBrow posted:

This woman is in college. According to the founding fathers, she shouldn't even vote. She's also a big critic of the 17th amendment and seems to love both Obama and Trump.

This is like when someone tries to tell you thier favorite sub genre of metal. After more than two adjectives or descriptive nouns I just tune you out

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Seriously? "SOYny" is sitting right there, and makes it a unique hashtag.

You're assuming people like this use their brain for anything other than arguing over who's the best waifu.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I worked at a Public Library when I was paying my way through College. I was the only one on staff under 50.

I am not at all surprised that all those library memes are like that. That being said, they're all cute and pretty harmless.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I know it's low hanging fruit, but it never ceases to amaze me that it's always the doofiest looking guys complaining about this kind of poo poo.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/realJacobAirey/status/1143186278210347008

Has it truly come to this, libs. A man's own shirt.

There are some choice dunks in the replies.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

Check out the orange profile photo

This is just Trump using that one Snapchat filter.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Triceps was RIGHT there

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/stone_toss/status/1155865491564617729?s=21

I thought stonetoss was banned from twitter for being a nazi but then I realised you only get banned from twitter for calling graham linehan a terf.

I have no idea what this guy looks like but I assume he has the most punchable face of all time.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

ah I see it's informal, that's much better

When I was young, I used to think all of nerds were socially ostracized because people were just angry that their hobbies weren't he usual foray of sitcoms, reality tv and sports.

Now I'm starting to see it's because a disturbing number of them are racist, sexist, homo/transphobic, and should not be let near anyone's children.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Blizzard has announced that World of Warcraft's next expansion will include new cosmetic options for humans and elves to be black and Asian. The reaction from the player base has been predictable (spoilers for racial slur):

I was expecting it to be someone upset about Hong Kong...but of course it was just racism. It's always racism

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

As someone who's only a casual star wars fan (I've seen the movies and played the pod racing game that was on the N64), can someone explain to me what it was about the Last Jedi that drove all these nerds absolutely insane?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

dreamin of semen posted:

so then a bunch of dumb conspiracy theorists decided that, actually, this and several other stupid tenuous things meant that Quiet was actually Chico from Peace Walker, but grown up and post-transition

This looks like an actual document you'd find in a Metal Gear game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Can't it be both?