Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Aeryk posted:

Sinnlos is migf, calling it here

Too Irish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rollofthedice posted:

There's a difference between being a short person and being a posting bacterium, aeryk, hth

right, ofc. one of those engraved ones people microsculpt on a rice krispie or something

Do you do that WITP LP, or is it some other dude with a banzai buddy avatar?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

That's really cool. I support your creative endeavour.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sinnlos posted:

MIGF please adopt the gimmick of a Third World Maoist that is also a Fiorina voter.

You know, the more I have to loving find some loving will to loving get behind loving integration between priviledged communities and disadvantaged individuals/institutions of native american/tribal descent, the more I find myself to align with the most moderate of moderate R positions of 1971.

When you coming up fish'n? You missed ricin' season.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Tesseraction posted:

sounds like someone needs to read the comunist manifesto

How does this apply to issues of rural poverty in America?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Foppery posted:

migf's hottest screeds, blastin at ya straight from the slums o chiraq

I'm really conflicted on the phrase 'chiraq' ever since I met a very good friend in Chicago'd Black Lives Matter movement who explained, in quite some detail, the implications of the phrase, both from a disadvantaged and from an empowerment perspective.

For some in the concentrated poverty communities, labeling theit situation as living in 'chiraq' is an empowering experience. However, for others in a background of priviledge, such labeling oft only assists in delineating differences, ie Chicago as a tale of two cities [black chicago and nonblack chicago], thereby amplifying their 'sacrifice' in working in communities of disadvantaged individuals and concentrated poverty, thereby amplifying their priviledge.

Personally, I feel its a very complex issue that is best left up to Mayor Emannuel to solve in both whatever frame and means hizzoner deems necessary to address the issue. Black lives matter; unfortunately, it would appear 'not enough' fits for America.

Gravel Gravy posted:

TNG is the borgiest poo poo

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 13, 2015

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Aeryk posted:

who here wants some poverty? i got the good stuff, super concentrated.

I don't think anyone wants poverty, and individuals will often go to quite the discontortinist psychological lengths to explain how their poverty is not true poverty.

There is both quantitative and qualitative povery in America: poverty of assets and poverty of the soul. I think the simplest way to determine if someone is living in poverty and deserving of government asssistance is to merely ask them directly: "Are you poor?" Anyone who answers yes, no matter their gross earnings, should be able to qualify for assistance.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Volkerball posted:

rye bread is poo poo.

I salute your service, Volkerball, and feel that national service should both result in expanded & expedited priviledges while also being made compulsory.

With that said, rye bread is not poo poo. It is not poo poo on its own; it is not poo poo on a reuben; it is not poo poo on a rachel.

Might I recommend expanding your experience of rye bread via patronage of a hyde park kosher deli? There is one in particular that I would recommend to you, if you are willing to make the commitment to earnestly and honestly indulge yourself in Jewish culture for a period of 30-60 minutes.

Swan Oat posted:

should i go out drinkin tonight?

Answer: Yes.

All else after is extemporaneous.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sinnlos posted:

I've been drinking every night for the past week. Also every day. And every morning. Wine festival owns.

My friend, you missed out on ricin' real good this fall.

You know what you can do with the accumulated rice purchased through a sovreign nation's collective marketing board? Something that'd piss off Ed Said, I tell you what.

Rollofthedice posted:

oh no migf likes rye what do i do

Make a kickass rachel while sip'n that moscato, I tell you what.

Rollofthedice, I like you.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Soup du Jour posted:

it's currently snowing. not enough to stick or even be visible, but enough to be obnoxious when you drive and it melts on your windshield. winter is almost upon us

Do...

Do we live in the same region?

When you watch the TV drama 'Fargo,' do ya wanna go 'you betch!' ?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Volkerball posted:

lol if you buy yeast for something other than dirt cheap homebrew mead

May I recommend discussing your ability to acquire yeast at-will with your local VA office, Volkerball?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

He is right, go drink, what could go wrong?

The motto of the last man of priviledge to protect the Friedman's bureau, folks.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Soup du Jour posted:

i hope this winter is as bad as 2013's and you freeze in your hobbit-hole

but yes

Soup du Jour --

The statistics are shocking: America has the highest incarceration rate in the world, and Something Awful adheres to trends.

We hold 20% of the world’s prison and probation populations, many for minor, non-violent imfractions.

Thankfully, Lowtax introduced the Platinumn Status Act -- a bipartisan plan to address some of the major flaws in our forums' justice system.

One thing is clear -- our forumns' sentencing system is over-crowded, under-funded, and in dire need of reform.

So Soup du Jour, will you stand with MiGF and tell Lowtax to fix our broken criminal justice system by purchasing MiGF the ability to PM you about how incestuous Brainerd can be today?

Here’s good news: Something Awful has the ability to send 'Private Messages' for 'Platinumn' members, which will reduce penalties for non-violent offenders and juveniles, and allow moderators more discretion.

This PM-enabling status is critical to start righting the wrongs of our moderation justice system, all while keeping our community safe and saving the taxpayers money.

Join MyIGF and demand somebody pass the Sanctioned Posting Act:

Purchase MIGF platinumn today, youbetch!

Would you like a beeeeeeg with that?

You know really loving sucks? Making a commission without bonus off these things

Nah but really, you betcha i'd go drink with DFL'ers, even if it ain't drinkin' outta a beeeeeeeeegggggg

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Oh Christ, no one do this, please.

Fargo is both a really amazing movie, a decent TV series, and an acceptable place to go to die.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Tesseraction posted:

MIGF you still sound like a communist in training to me.

Can you translate "communist" to mean "patriotic american"? Especially in a way which resonates with the 99% of the American public who don't serve on boards?

Because right now, a tp younggun of established local money be wanting to give me $$$$ to shield themselves from claims that their policies would have a disproportionate impact upon certain ethnic minority groups. Imagine yourself in my position: do you take the $$$$, or fail to implement actionable field efforts?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

nutranurse posted:

i find it amazing you fuckers will accept zoux but not migf

thats like hating mussolini more than hitler

One of the few things policy-wise upon which I agree with Jeb Bush: I would kill baby hitler

also imo d&d posters tend not to like evidence based metrics for promotion of social justice when it goes against their idealogical beliefs

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Literally The Worst posted:

i was reading food wars in wsj but then it got to this whole traveling around thing and not a contest and i stopped caring

Dickeye have you enrolled in a technical college using subsidised direct financial aid while reinvesting such aid into a Vanguard market index fund or local opportune real estate yet? Because if you are not using student loans to earn a higher rate of return whilst the Feds subsidize your higher educational enrollment, then I am sorry for your opportunity loss. Everyone in America should have the opportunity to be a capitalist, and student loans facilitate such.

Disinterested posted:

zoux provides the topic of dadchat discussion more than any other poster

it is a vital function that he serves

Did zoux come out?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

sociologists have found taht having a guy like that around is a net positive for social cohesion

Paranoid Randroid, you're like banzai buddy, fischmech, the warszawa, sinnlos, nutranurse, Joementum [all hail], and dickeye: a generally good poster who contributes entertaining content that I enjoy reading.

you cannot loving hope to defeat me in a "migf is short" joke contest

My friend, have you tried the "MiGF's campaign is so undercapitalized that...." route?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Badger of Basra posted:

i blame the guy who was talking about pizza

There is no pizza of worth discussion north of MSP.

The few acceptable ones that I have found via a company card are in MSP which carry something called cheese 'du buffalata'

Buffalo cheese, IMO, is not as good as the 21-yr sharps which you'll find in Wisconsin. However, for what the tundra that is all of America north of the dells provides, mozzerella de buffalatta ain't the worst I had.

Worst I had was provel, a cheese aimed solely at the african-american communities of StL.

Rollofthedice posted:

Is there a way for apple pie to not be runny, or is that just part of its 'charm'?

Use pumpkin

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Like, holy poo poo, fellow posters: African Americans in StL predominantly don't eat the same pizza cheese as you and I; no mozzerella, no provolone; no cheddar for them -- its "provel"

You wanna discuss racial disparity in America, you wanna discuss IMO's & provel

[quote="paranoid randroid" post="452667030"]
they wanted migf to play elijah at seder

I LOVE SEDER!!!! OMG I LOVE SEDER LIKE I DO HARVEST FEST, PURIM, & YOM KIPPUR

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Aeryk posted:

Migf joined the army as a drone pilot but was disappointed he didn't get to fly in the plane.

USAF drone operators are all that stand between you and I watching PBS Newshour's nightly publication of a list of the dead.

I remember that poo poo from '04-'08. I wish those Americans hadn't died. Don't you?

Aeryk posted:

Migf is combative because he's the David to everyone's Goliath.

I now feel as if you, like the other good posters forementioned, understand and empathize. That makes you a good poster, Aeryk.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
what is everyone's favorite single-malt scotch whisky or moscato?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rollofthedice posted:

If he wants a more speedy trip he hops onto the back of a fairyfly

Banzaibuddy, you and your friend should probably quit disparaging boystown. Its quite the goddamn economic and social justice engine of the north loop area.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

PupsOfWar posted:

migf browses catalog, "hmm could the pores of a sponge finally provide an affordable urban housing option for upwardly-mobile young professionals like myself?"

Actually I do believe at least somewhat of this answer is yes.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Aeryk posted:

Migf is so small, zizek thinks he is a barred subject

Woah, now --- I'm not a Professor of Indian Studies at the American University in Beirut!

OY

YO

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Soup du Jour posted:

when migf eats there, al's breakfast seats 15

when the gently caress did al's start serving breakfast? sounds more like a pop's or lettuce entettainu's move imo

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

PupsOfWar posted:

a horrible props mistake during an elementary school adaptation of one grain of rice allows migf to consume the world

That, like Salaita's tweets, is felt as antisemitic, yo, as represented for as follows:

Please don't be antisemitic, Pupsofwar, by claiming "[jews]...consume the world"

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

the renters market in chi-town is rough. migfs been priced out of mighty max playsets and is starting to consider a drained snowglobe in the meat-drenching district

i feel like there is a freudian reference in here

hey kids its the new Paranoid Randroid Mad Libs

________ {90s reference} is much like ___________ {masturbatory ts elliot/thomas pynchon reference} in that its bad, kind of like __________ {outdated hipster band reference} and furthermore migf is FUCNKIING SHORT AYYYY

try me.

Also, to reiterate from RSF, and as I am sure Joementum would agree without reservation: THE OTHER SIDE IS THE OPPOSITION; THE SENATE IS THE REAL ENEMY

yo joe if i had plat we could pm on an effortpost re: house perspective/senate perspective [gently caress THOSE 1%'RS HOUSE4LIEF] and how it applies to speaksh ryahnsszz' inability to caucus w/our side

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Luigi Thirty posted:

13: The Senate passes a senatus consultum restricting the reduced Vigintisexviri to the Ordo Equester.

E Pluribus Unim, motherfucker

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Let me make this clear: I love America's 110th Congress, now and forever.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Aeryk posted:

I guess migf would be into molecular gastronomy.

omg.

Yes.

It is awesome.

Chicago is a world leader.

Sinnlos, when not quite as Rubio'd out, could detail more.

Also gently caress the senate Nancy Pelosi is the best woman in America for the 99%

exit:

o ya i 4vot vout timg

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Aeryk posted:

Sinnlos worked very hard on that!

SINNLOS' OWL IS FRIEND NOT FOWL

you anti-conservationist

you know conservationism is a republican initiative, right?

i wish R were more sane; more like Speaker Pelosi. If the most centrist of R moderates were Speaker Pelosi, I'd be a sane R. Alas, we are forced into being sane D's

ps THE OTHER SIDE IS JUST THE OPPOSITION THE SENATE IS THE REAL ENEMY

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
who likes beer?

WUTS DAT?

omg hell yeah i love cheese

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
gee i wonder does d&d tend to anthropomorohisize all jews as "smsll "midgets" "too small to be seen", for it reeks of antisemitism to me

can we not discuss cheese & alcohol in chatthread no longer? i leave for a few months to deal with death and cancer, and look at what things have turned into

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

the_paradigm_shift posted:

Ps, migf if you need someone to unload anti-semite accusations on this guy has a youtube channel and a video questioning the holocaust

Are we talking about fade5, or Assad?

Either way, that p. drat antisemitic.

the_paradigm_shift posted:

drat, Bombay Sapphire is some good gin. Too bad it's still gin

Drink more scotch.

I finally got a flask for myself; it's done wonders to my life.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

visceril posted:

When did McGIF come back?!

When MiGF broke open the glenfiddich?!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I've never tasted a sake [that I didn't like]

Sinnlos how is your liver holding up? You dead yet?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

pangstrom posted:

Pretty torn over which video game to buy and then barely play. Football manager, fallout4, one of the ~20 little games that have been hanging out on my steam wishlist? The imporant thing is to buy something, though, it is the American way.

you should play war in the pacific. I bet Banzai Buddy'd do a PBEM with you, if you asked nicely.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
The gently caress is a smoothrich?

Now please excuse me while I get some morning joe at the ol' Timmy Horton's

Its really weird to go somewhere that don't have the ol' stars and stripes flying highest from every corner. I wish Congress would find a way to rectify that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

V. Illych L. posted:

jfc france (from europol)

Guillaume DaretVerified account
‏@GuillaumeDaret
1er tour #Présidentielle2017

#LePen: 28%
#Sarkozy: 23%
#Hollande: 21%
#Bayrou: 12%

Sondage @IfopOpinion pour @lyoncap

illegal immigration has caused this.

how do you say donald trump in french?

V. Illych L. posted:

looks like another round of escroc pas facho for france lol

sounds like europe needs another round of reau chambeau'n from america, like we gave 'em 70 years ago

• Locked thread