Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zack needs to get rid of that anger, and there's a Chimaera right there to do it. Ursa can use the other weapon you got. Finally, might as well have Realga there to help Ursa live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

alcharagia posted:

I mean, it says right in the title we're the Fafnir, Knight.

This makes perfect sense. Besides, the other Fafnir is Ranger, we might as well stick to basic job classes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I guess I'll join the Guild bandwagon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Just go with cafe so we continue with this naming scheme to the bitter end.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RareAcumen posted:

Stardust, Sophie, Realga

This.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So a tortoise drops the skin of an ankylosaur which is actually not skin but armour, and not from a dinosaur but from a dragon?

This game makes no sense.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Scrap Dragon posted:

Let's go with... Asriel, Phoebe, Nadia, and Freyja

Shed some spotlight on characters who haven't got a ton of play

I wasn't going to vote but I agree with this so I'll just back this vote.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We had Girl Team take care of the Demon, so it's only logical to let the guys do stuff now. Asriel, Zack, Tyler, Ranger.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I repeat my vote from last time. Zack, Tyler, Asriel and Ranger.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Seeing them change colours while on Force Boost makes me wonder if the same happens on the player's side and you just can't see it. If so...man, now I'm thinking of colour schemes, as if this was a Jojo game where everything changes colours suddenly and for no reason.

Artelinde looks drat neat on blue though, wish she used that colour scheme more.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh yeah, I wanted to point this out and I forgot.

These games have awful translations full of errors and laziness but they corrected how awful this particular battle was and I think it is worth pointing out. Taking images from Dr. Fetus' LP...

The game just gives the generic "monsters have appeared" text in the original for a reason that can literally only be laziness. This is dumb as hell, of course, Now here...

...it makes sense! And this isn't the only correction, as their death had an interesting quirk...

(unrelated, I appreciate how the model for Artelinde keeps the same pose as her original sprite)

...namely, that since apparently the game saw them as normal monsters instead of something unique, we got a completely nonsensical "the" there, as if Artelind(e) and Wilhelm were a part of a race. Now...

...the game correctly refers to them as individuals.

A surprisingly good work of an otherwise flawed translation that literally copy-pasted the original without making changes where they were needed, if I understood correctly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Yeah, starting with EO3, the games started implementing the ability to override "Monsters have appeared!" with custom messages, such as "You stand before the Heavenbringer!" in EO4.

Atlus is actually SUPER lazy with cleaning those up from game to game--EO2U's battle message file still has, among others:
  • "The Abyssal King and Olympia have appeared!"
  • "The indescribable god has awakened!"
  • "You stand before the Heavenbringer!"
  • "The ultimate life form bursts forth from its larval body..."

As well as messages from the loving multiplayer functionality from EO3--"A communications error has occurred," among others.

Future-proofing. The moment they make EO3U or EO4U, they'll have the lines already in the game, and therefore they'll have less effort at that time. See, it's genius, not laziness. it's absolutely laziness

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zack, Asriel, Tyler, Ranger. Man team will win sooner or later...right?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

My vote goes for Bertrand because I like his cynism and old man attitude.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Definitely Trand. It'll be a learning experience from Knight, talking to someone on the opposite side of weirdness vs seriousness.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stardust, Ursa, Sophie, Freyja, Jackie

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You have a SLEEP on Black Wing.

Bring Ranger and Milly. I want big numbers. Phoebe and Sophie can come too since only one side really needs big numbers. And I guess Rheine can help on the big numbers train too.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lock in the required characters, hold a vote for the rest. I think that's the best way to not get frustrated.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Efe posted:

Colette, Phoebe, Freyja, Milly. If we're gonna be using ailments anyway, might as well get the most out of it.

This works.

Also wait, the Leukocyte's White Plasma and the Red Corpuscle's Red Plasma use the arms? What arms?

Also also if you hadn't said the Core Irae shrinking was a glitch, I would've thought it was meant to happen, beyond being sudden, it doesn't look all that weird or out of place. Casting HP Up though...that's a lot weirder.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Needless to say, buy those things and destroy your enemies.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cass' portraits don't show in Dr. Fetus' update, they only appear as Pcass.

And Pokemon's Swagger was also the first thing I thought of when I saw that 50% boost on Crazed Glare.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's rather rare to see you sighing with such melancholy, Dame Regina... Perhaps some rest would help?
There's a lot of recipes now. She worked too hard. Now she's tired. No, I never get worn out by cooking. To be honest, I'm more satisfied than I've been in a while, thanks to your efforts.
But even still... hm.

Isn't the bolded part said by Regina, not Chloe?

quote:

I won't ever forgive you.
Y-You're THAT mad...!?

Better :colbert:.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bertrand. Let the Fafnirs talk about stuff, I'm sure it'll be interesting and Trand's the best anyways.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'll give my vote to Trand just so votes can keep all being different from each other and also because Trand is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That looked genuinely unfun and terribly made, like a challenge made just for the sake of angering the player.

It's the single most Atlus thing I've seen in this Atlus series, is what I'm trying to say.

• Locked thread