Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Name: Asriel
Class: Ronin
Portrait: 3

A ronin from another country, he has long since traveled what he could of the world and as such has many (mostly nonsense, probably brain damage induced) stories from the places he had traveled to. No matter what he does, no matter where he goes he always seems to wind up with more scars, more wounds that don't heal. Upon finding Lagaard and joining with the newest forming guild, he decided that he would help explore the labyrinth as the last thing he would do in his life before settling down. Though his origins unknown, he has many stories, most nonsense stories from his many years of combat...that he, for whatever reason, has not honed in years and requires a 'refresher' in the most basic of Ronin techniques.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Huh, my Ronin actually got picked AND will be in the initial party to boot. Welp, I'm happy at the very least. Looking forward to seeing how EOU2 goes for ya.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Ah I love reading party banter in these LPs. :allears: also of note is that in Story Mode you get an NPC party member to play around with for about half of the dungeon trip, a beast at about level...12 or 15 if I remember correctly? There's also more spots on the various maps that trigger extra scenes and some character development scattered about the labyrinth and they give one-time refreshers as well. All in all, the Story Mode for this game is probably a good starting point for people new to the series in general, and I doubt that anyone would get too mad at a first timer (like I was) for choosing Normal difficulty first time around (100% damage given and taken, gives you a 'retry' if you get a game over once per dungeon trip/inn rest, rewinding your rear end to the step BEFORE your game over happened)...just...do yourself a favor and DON'T pick easy mode (infinite 'retries' after a game over, I assume makes damage given/taken a 150/50 spread) unless you have like a younger child playing the game (and even then there are better entry points to RPGs in general out there...though I guess still makes it a good entry point to Etrian Odyssey for them)

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I will be fully honest, I only ever used my force boosts when I REALLY needed it and Breaks around boss fights when I needed a lot of burst damage really loving fast. Fafnir isn't that bad, specially when you bring his sabers up to around 10 or so. Also, the EXP that you get from quests? That poo poo can be TRIPLED by way of one of the grinding quests. How? Wait and see. And the XP of late/post game quests are huge to boot.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Speaking of EOU1, what's the story party like there?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Aaaaaw. I wanted to name the restaurant after a cool skeleton. Ah well, also love watching FOEs/Bosses stuck in those tiles. Oh god I love watching them try to struggle their way out of there. Makes them so much easier to murder far earlier than you're supposed to. :v:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I'm gonna have to go with Nadia, Zack and Jackie

I'll admit, the loving randomness of how the Grimoires is a pain in the rear end, thankfully if you're regularly grinding, you should have plenty and if you use and abuse the money making quest at/after a certain point (It's en reward scales dependent on how far in the game you are) and abuse the gently caress out of an upcoming gameplay addition (which I think unlocks after this floor or on/after Floor 5), you SHOULD have a decent chunk of ways to get the ones you want...still, this is FAR better than how EOU1 handled it (even though I'm only on floor 4 as is with the story party and they REALLY don't hold much of a candle to EOU2's story party) I hate how they are...oh god how I hate how they are handled.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Looking forward to seeing party synergy here. Mostly because they're the group that we HAVEN'T seen yet. In assume we'll have another party vote before the Strata boss? In which case, I want to see our little hexer come in and poison kill it far earlier than you probably should. :v:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

BlackPersona posted:

Guess if I ever grab any of the grinding DLC it'd be the exp one, though, didn't even know it gave EXP for the reserve members too. Probably because I haven't touched Classic that much, but that's good to know!

I would like to note that the money DLC (Which gives you the Soft Buds for the Gathering cafe drink) gets loving rediculous. And by that? 500k en by post-game. It can be from about...I don't know EXACTLY, but it seems to be several thousand at the earliest and around 20k by the second or third stratum.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Asriel, Sophie, Ursa

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Sophie, Asriel, Ursa

What? You people think I'm NOT gonna vote for my character? But that was some righteous loving dunking of the Chimera.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Omobono posted:

Jeez, Fafnir is a tad overpowered, isn't he?

This is just the tip of the iceberg my friend. He's been known to solo bonus bosses and even some of the DLC bosses.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If you need the recipe dialogue, Dr. Fetus, just let me know.

Actually, all of it's up on GameFAQs under the Ducal Restaurant FAQ, along with spoilers for all the recipes and what you need for each one...but, it's honestly pretty spoilerish. Also, we name it MOEbucks because our moest party member deserves it.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Sophie, Realga, Asriel

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Scrap Dragon posted:

Let's go with... Asriel, Phoebe, Nadia, and Freyja

Shed some spotlight on characters who haven't got a ton of play

Yes. This please.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Asriel, Realga, Stardust, Ursa

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Oh hey, Asriel hates those damndable spiders almost as much as I do :v: I took that bitch on with a default story party myself...took me a few tries to look for the strand of web to burn. I WANTED to fight her without that...but that went as well as you'd think it did.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
You goons get off on making our LPer suffer don't you?

Phobe, Stardust, Realga, Colette

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

CapitanGarlic posted:

Having never played EO2 or either of the Untolds, I greatly appreciate this LP and have shotgunned it over the past day and change.

I am also a complete sucker for a running gag so I made something stupid

Keep up the good work! Always nice to watch the downfall of tough bosses and FOEs from the comfort of home.

And that sums up my feelings on Spiders. GG.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Welp. I decided to bite the bullet and re-play EO2U, bringing over my Story Mode team into the game and basically everything they had besides shop stock. Also.

what not to say around Asriel
-Spiders (he's gonna -hate- strata 4 :v:)
-Probably squirrels (dunno about that one)
-To be added

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
drat it Ranger! Bring that hat back to it's rightful owner! But I'll admit, him randomly appearing to steal that hat was kinda funny. I can only imagine the guild picking up a random piece of Artelinde's clothing (Blood stains included) and one of Wilhelm's used casings, selling them to our favorite shop keeper and telling her it's rare and powerful stuff. And of course she pays top Ental for the items.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Freyja, Asriel, Phoebe, Milly

Let the cheese flow through you

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Ursa, Regalia, Sophie, Asriel

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Glazius posted:

I guess big damage dealers aren't going to be dishing out Bash damage, just as a general rule?

Outside of Protectors who use the shield made from the Mimic drops? No. Oh god no. Beasts and Axe Landschts are really your only choice if you intend to go for conditionals like that. Also I'd say using Picnic for those ungodly Curse drops, but you'd be better off on the hardest mode of the game to let them get the damage in on your party to kill you and in turn kill themselves. But yea, if you intend on getting Bash based conditional drops, use Shield Bash with the Mimic shield.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Bertrand needs more love as far as I'm concerned. and totally not because of spoilers, PARISH the thought!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Ragnar...what the gently caress. You need to check equipment every time you unlock something if you keep a piece of armor on someone from the first loving stratum. I mean. WHO DOES THAT :v:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Jesus loving christ. I know it took me a couple tries to fight that boss...but I never had THAT kind of bad luck with it.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
As to Ragnar's question about how do you mine potatoes. Potatoes are commonly underground when harvested, it would stand to reason there's potatoes underground when you're mining the ground below your feet.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Asriel, X3 LPer's choice. LETS SEE SOME BLOOOOOOOOOD :kheldragar:...j-just avoid having a party of all supports...oh god I tried Fetus...I tried.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Dr. Fetus posted:

Something interesting to note, the Circle skills were glitched in the Japanese version. In that version of the game, circles of the same element actually stacked with each other multiplicatively, so you could get some crazy damage with a few Circle grimoires. This was fixed in the international versions so that circles of the same element don't stack with each other. Only the strongest circle will have an effect.

Laaaaaaame. Then again I guess in EOU1 we had the item duplication glitch that the EU managed to have patched out. So I suppose it balances out.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
You're doing drat fine with the narrative. And I like how you've been utilizing Asriel, so I have no complaints. Hell, you get a genuine laugh out of me every once in a while. :v:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I'm sorry Chloe, but Trand is best story mode character

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
What did you fuckin sacrifice to the dark lords for this luck!? Fuckin A

Also. Asriel, Ursa, Realga, Stardust, Nadia

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I get the feeling we'll be seeing Ranger will be fixing the world several more times over the course of the next floor. gently caress some of these floors in here.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 26, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Freyja, Sophie, Phoebe, Asriel, Jackie

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Asriel, Realga, Phoebe, Ranger, Jackie

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Are both of your votes for both the 24F/25F exploration party and the Overlord party, or do you want to vote separately for the two parties?

I missed we were voting for the Overlord party as well.

Exploration party: Asriel, Realga, Phoebe, Ranger, Jackie

Boss party: Stardust, Asriel, Phoebe, Milly, Realga

Kemix fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jun 4, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Lock in any and all required characters for fights we don't want our LPer dying on us now do we?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

alcharagia posted:

I can't believe Flavio is loving dead.

His corpse will serve us well when we need a shield...thinking about it now...if we combine Flavio's corpse with Trand hefting him around as a shield...does this mean we turn Bertrand into a dodge tank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
You forgot to space down a row and add Regina's portrait after Freyja's dialogue. But yea, nice little update and I don't think I ever knew Stigmata existed when I was playing Story mode...I was loving baffled how I was gonna set up everyone to fully bind those drat mandrakes for their conditional.

• Locked thread