Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I still use Chrome to Phone and MightyText. I didn't use Pushbullet so I don't know what it did that was different. I feel pretty good about that decision now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Taffer posted:

Just yesterday I got materialistik and nova launcher just so I could use it. I've never used a 3rd party launcher but I have no regrets, it's great.

Now I just need a grenade icon that doesn't suck. (sorry I know this isn't exactly the thread for this)

I want a good Material icon for SA too.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Widgetlocker isn't letting me edit wigets on it with my new phone.

What is a good locker app like that? I like my phone not being able to have the lock screen setting able to be change at any time

Good username/post combo

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I like it better than Spotify personally, as you can add your own stuff that isn't on the service. Playlists are limited to 1000 songs though for some reason.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Mogomra posted:

"Have you ever, or do you plan to forage for truffles?"

Y/N

Get thee behind me, Satan.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I would be using Swype but I'm a weirdo who can't stand not having a number row, so I use Google Keyboard with the qwerty layout.

I'm getting really bad swipe recognition too, though.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Today, I got the notification that Hangouts was no longer supported for SMS. I switched to Android Messenger, and set it as my default SMS client. Then I got a text message in Hangouts. Maybe because I'm on Fi?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

"The suck refers to the aftertaste!"

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

That syncing thing sounds interesting, can Moon+ sync progress between devices like that? Is there a way it can sync to PC?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

spincube posted:

FBReader talks to COPS

This is why I only use Moon+ for ebooks now.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

What's the best to-do list app?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

What launchers are good these days? I've been using Nova and I'll probably keep doing that but I wondered if there was anything new and exciting in the past decade out so. I'd particularly like to organize my app drawer a little better.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Farecoal posted:

Are there any good budget apps that aren't Mint and don't require a subscription?

Personally I would not use a second hand budget app regardless of condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Uthor posted:

I wish my mom could figure out navigation. Find the address, press start, plug into your car, it will tell you where to go!

Instead, I get random phone calls where she tells me what street she is passing (keeps driving during this part) and I need to type in the address and tell her where to go!

Speech recognition is a good idea. Maybe I can see if she would use it. But, she's an immigrant with a Polish accent and doesn't know the correct English word often enough to where I can see Assistant not knowing wtf she wants. (thinking about when I had Fi and Google would "try" to give me a text version of their voicemails, but would give me English words when they were talking in Polish...)

Does Google's speech recognition only work in English?