Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^ Yeah, multi-select should have been added back before pushing to stable. That's been a gripe since beta 1. Other than that, it's totally fine after you adjust.

I totally get the knee-jerk gently caress THIS I'M OUT attitude because I felt the same way when the first build came out, but give it a day or two and I imagine most people will have calmed down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

bull3964 posted:

You can slide to archive which should be just as quick as multi-select.

It should, but sometimes you don't drag it far enough and it snaps back to the halfway point and you either have to do it again or tap the now exposed Archive button

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Lowen SoDium posted:

Has anyone used a good habit tracking app?

I am looking for something that I can set up some goals for myself and track how well I am keeping up with them. Things like go to the gym X times a week, study for X hours a day, etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.daylio

I've been using Daylio for a few months now and I like it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Pocket Casts updated to add multi-select, so all is well in my podcasting world.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Glad I'm not alone in my hatred for the Spotify app. It couldn't even edit playlist order until July of last year!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

LastInLine posted:

So you got six years of use out of something you paid $4 for and now it's free but you still get everything you paid for? I mean, there's no accounting for emotions but I find it hard to see how you didn't get more than your fair share for the money. The only thing the paid subscription gets you is the stuff you refused to pay for back when you had the chance.

Besides, $10/year is nothing when you're paying for it with rewards money anyway.

Exactly. App development ain't free and I've already gotten countless hours worth of use out of my $4 (which was almost certainly paid for by Google Fun Bux). I'm happy to pay.

Edit: despite the Plus subscription having literally zero extra features I care about, I signed up for the $0.99/mo. They deserve the extra $2

XIII fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 19, 2019

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Montalvo posted:

Nova Launcher isn't compatible with the new gestures in Android 10, FYI. They can't address this until an Android update that gives launchers access to this functionality is released by Google. Even two button navigation is a little bugged.

Yeah, using two button nav and Action Launcher is a bit wonky at times. Has Google said whether or not they plan to make gesture nav available to third party launchers?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Snowy posted:

Is there a thread favorite calorie tracker? My android-using gf is looking for a good one.

I've used MyFitnessPal for years and wanna say it's pretty much the go-to for tracking. I've fiddled with a few others (Cronometer being the only one I remember offhand) but never liked them enough to swap

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Montalvo posted:

It looks like the Pixel 4 series running Android 10 now finally supports gesture navigation within third party launchers; so I'm really hoping this propagates down the line soon. I miss using Nova Launcher on my Pixel 2 XL, but I love gesture navigation too much.

Yeah, but it's still a little wonky on the 4/4XL at this point. It kinda trips up when you open the recents, since the standard behavior is to show recent/search/dock/app drawer. But, since that layout is coming from Pixel Launcher itself, it doesn't exactly know how to handle recents properly when those elements aren't hardcoded to always be there. Hopefully they'll smooth it out at the same time they extend gesture nav to 3rd party launchers on older models.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

I use my credits as I get them, you all are weird for stockpiling.

Same. I tend to hover around $5-10 available at a given time, but it's not like I'm expecting my CamelGoogle Cash to ever be worth anything more than the occasional free movie rental or whatever. I don't get what Grail Item people are squirreling away for

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

Daylio. Hands down.

Seconded. Been using it for just shy of a year now and it's been great. Kinda wish there was a Pro version or something so I could throw the dev(s) a buck or two

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ringu0 posted:

Daylio, as in this thing? I'm pretty sure you can pay for a premium version.

lol poo poo, looks like I already bought the premium version. I'm dumb

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Anyone else using Nova on a Pixel 4 (XL in my case) notice a slight delay (roughly 1sec) between triggering the home gesture and when you can interact with an app (launch something from the dock or open a folder)?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

deong posted:

God drat it. Thanks. I'll look into it

lol you've basically put some car audio tech's kid through college at this point

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Someone at Google must have flipped a server side switch because my Chrome Beta just randomly switched back to the old "bar on top" style. Hooray.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

XIII posted:

Anyone else using Nova on a Pixel 4 (XL in my case) notice a slight delay (roughly 1sec) between triggering the home gesture and when you can interact with an app (launch something from the dock or open a folder)?

Still wondering about this. I've fiddled around with various settings to see if something is causing it, but haven't had any luck.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Is there a decent app for calorie tracking that isn't MyFitnessPal? It's been annoying me with ads, pointless "community" poo poo and sending my data to u see armor recently. All it really needs is a half decent nutrition database.

I briefly considered ditching MFP for Chronometer after I saw it recommended on some Android site. I didn't use it long enough to really develop an opinion, but it seemed decent enough. (I just stuck with MFP because I'm a creature of habit and I have years worth of data already invested)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cronometer.android.gold&hl=en_US

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Uthor posted:

Anyone having issues with PocketCasts not downloading new episodes today? I can't download or stream anything that updated this morning.

No issues here. Streamed one then played a second one that had been auto-downloaded. Just downloaded a random episode to test and it worked fine.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Uthor posted:

Yeah, dunno. Force stopped, rest phone, cleared cache. I have three files that aren't downloading or playing. Two (The Dollop and Behind the Bastards) aren't playing through the browser on my phone either (works on my desktop).

EDIT: I'm running a Private DNS through adgaurd that now it works after turning that off. 👍

Ah. I've run into a few similar hiccups where disabling my adguard DNS fixed it. I usually just reenable it the next day (or whenever I see an ad and remember) and things are back to being fine.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

FitNotes is fantastic.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Wow, Pocket Cast updated their widget (and added two new ones) and it's absolute rear end

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

teethgrinder posted:

Weird, I don't see it on their beta stream. I'm apparently on an April 16 update.

Mine updated overnight to version 7.62-rc-3

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Yup. Who thinks making the buttons itty-bitty and leaving a ton of blank space (baby) is a good design choice?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

XIII posted:

Wow, Pocket Cast updated their widget (and added two new ones) and it's absolute rear end

Oh, good, they reverted it