Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Phyrexian Infiltrator and Nightscape Master seems realstrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

YggdrasilTM posted:

Augur of Bolas as common.

drat.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Did Drake finally get banned?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Boooooo wizards, should have printed Cruel Ultimatum at common. That would have made Pauper and Draft incredible.

I would have taken it at uncommon.

That said, if the fixing is good enough, that's not an effect you really want at uncommon.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Bonus posted:

What are the most notable cards that are expensive and haven't been reprinted? Karn and Hierarch obviously, and also Spellskite. Ugin is also making his way up in the world of value ...

EE and Ensnaring Bridge are number crunched out.

Chalice could still make it in?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Star Man posted:

Yeep. The signets pushed Mishra's Bauble out of contention.

http://mythicspoiler.com/mm3/numbercrunch.html

Oh poo poo, I missed this one.

Welp.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mono red seems great, even with no Bolt or Lava Spike.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Elyv posted:

does this see play in pauper burn? I feel like it doesn't because you're more likely to have it be in your opening hand and a blank than to cast it, but maybe in some sort of UR delver nonsense with brainstorm

We're discussing this in the Pauper thread. I have the same reservation, but it does give you an out to being flooded and kills Gurmag Angler (and everything else)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

KillarySwank posted:

Is there any recorded evidence of a novelty cube surviving for more than one or two drafts? It seems like every other week someone tries putting together an "Innistrad cube", or a "94 Cube". I see people put so much effort into these, only to never draft it beyond the initial run.

My Peasant Multicolored Cube has survived 5 years, half a dozen iterations and a large number of drafts. Most people I Cube with agree it's one of the better Cubes they've seen.

A friend built an Innistrad Cube that's only been drafted once, but he only finished it a month ago.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ShaneB posted:

Can I get that list? I have a c/ube that needs an update.

Yeah, I'll update the list through Kaladesh and post it soon. Might take me a day or two, since I work this weekend.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

What's this mean?

Flavor first, mechanics second.

Like Theros.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dehtraen posted:

"And so maybe rather than getting that new tier-1 Modern deck that they just love and they want to go spend hundreds of dollars on that, maybe they should invest that in their own healthcare," Chaffetz continued.

:allears: This is great.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sickening posted:

Sanctimony is a funny card. I had to buy them because I love the color hosers.

I actually beat this card in limited with a GR aggro deck. I don't remember how.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

A big flaming stink posted:

Theros being the most drastic reduction of power level in the game to date.

Urza -> Masques
Mirrodin -> Kamigawa.

RTR -> Theros was NOWHERE CLOSE to as huge a drop.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

No Luck Needed posted:

in 1995 I could buy a pack of Revised for $3.25 and people would buy Serra Angel, Sengir Vampire, Clone, Sol Ring, or Demonic Tutor for $5 uncommons all day, every day. Ravnica block: you needed Remands, Spell Snares, Lightning Helix so I see good uncommons being worth $5 if you play $3.99 retail for basic packs and $10.99 (?) for Eternal and Modern Master packs.

Remand hit $7, but I don't remember Lightning Helix or Putrefy being more than $2.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Holy poo poo, that's a really cool idea.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Fetchlands are a set of lands that read "tap, sacrifice, pay 1 life: search your library for a Plains or Swamp and put it into play.

Replace with other basics for the other 4. They're really great because they can fetch duals due to the way they're worded.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Posting an APAC land is cheating.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Reprint Mana Drain in Amonkhet.

WotC: Got it! We'll reprint Plasm Capture for you!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lottery of Babylon posted:

It happened exactly once with True Name Nemesis and WotC has been terrified ever since.

Jitte

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Come on ten common cycling dual lands....

This would be amazing. Hybrid cycling?!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I like how there's only two red ones and no green ones.

But 10 blue ones.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

mossyfisk posted:

I hear the opposite, that it's 'return a land, you may draw a card'

Any japanese speakers about?

Yep.

3U: Draw a card. Then, you may return a land you control to its owner's hand.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

GoutPatrol posted:

Have we seen any ones like that? Besides the cycle in Alara Reborn which are three, and the Shards of Alara cycle where the cycling cost is doubled, every other cycler in Alara block was 2 or less. I am going to doubt we will have one that cost more than 2 in this set, maybe the next one.

Not yet, but Onslaught had a ton of Cycling 3 and some Cycling 2C cards, so why wouldn't Amonkhet?

They should reprint Complicate.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cycling and Embalm is a nice combo of keywords.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Or just use Gideon's emblem?

"oh, you want to kill my Gideon? How about no?"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

2RR for a 4/3 is already a pretty good deal, the Fling is a nice bonus and Embalm is excellent icing.

A+ for limited.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

eatenmyeyes posted:

Then why not just have the card say "whenever you discard"? Am I missing something?

Because of the opposite question: "Does this trigger when I cycle?"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I'm an elitist asshat and I hate that I can't use bullshit rules to my advantage. My primary thought when I'm cumming is my opponent bolting my 2/3 goyf. I'm actually really bad at the game but I can memorize rules and try to use those to go 1-3 at the prerelease.

That actually works if there's already an instant in the yard. :eng101:

I once successfully Namelessly Inverted a Tarmogoyf in Standard because my opponent ran it out on turn 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Speculators are a blight on society.

• Locked thread