Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

AlternateNu posted:

So, remember me posting about Scapeshift and Serra's Sanctum yesterday?

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Tron is on the rise and I believe scapeshift has a pretty good tron matchup, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Gonna pair that hedron card with counterbalance in modern :getin:

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Toughness 1 OR LESS?

what is going on here

Edit: I guess this exiles little girl

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Natural Slate does seem pretty powerful. In modern its main issue is it doesn't hit Splinter Twin. I can maybe imagine that a deck that cares about the opponent's life total (eg burn or affinity) would consider it, but it's probably less good than Destructive Revelry or Ancient Grudge. So we're kindof looking for an aggressive deck that doesn't include red which seems unlikely.

Mono green aggro or maybe hatebears?

Edit: I agree with you.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

I don't think that's a buy out, they just didn't reprint it for standard. Goblin guide will go up I bet.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Auriok champion $70.

Edit: single printing 3rd set rare from 300 years ago

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 10, 2016

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

odiv posted:

Speaking of mtgfinance, is there anyone else here from outside the US not seeing all of TCGPlayer's listings? It's making it hard for me to know what's actually being sold and at what price without going through a proxy/VPN.

Here's what I see when I go through my VPN:

If I just check without a VPN I only see the CFB listing where they want $21.99 for the HP Inquisition and no indication that anything else is being hidden. It literally says Viewing 1-1 of 1 listing.

It's annoying as gently caress, but I think it's related to my location instead of site settings. I'm not signed in to the site or anything. Would be nice to get some confirmation from someone here.

Maybe the sellers can indicate whether or not they're willing to ship overseas?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
If I ever go to an event like that and make day 2, I'm probably putting on new sleeves for Sunday.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I've seen it in green tron too.

TandN out emrakul and xenagod, gg

Edit: :smith:

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Ban announcement speculation? I'm hoping to see sword of the meek come off for purely selfish reasons. I think the announcement will actually be "no changes"

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Anyone in the NOLA area? I'm going there in a few weeks for work, I'll be by the Louis Armstrong airport.

Any store recommendations? Formats that are run Monday to Wednesday nights?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Where will the non full set wastes be? Precons?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

ScarletBrother posted:

+1 Gaming is probably your best bet for events M-W and close to MSY.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

C-Euro posted:

I'm with the people who day that Wizards should actually un-ban stuff as well, instead of just stifling any deck that gets too popular. Has Wizards actually been burned by anything they've banned and then later un-banned in any format? Wild Nactl hasn't been oppressive in Modern since coming back and I haven't heard a peep from GGT since it got brought back.

Also even though Tron looks like #1 now I'd be wary of buying into it right away, it's likely next on the chopping block if it puts up good numbers in the immediate future and it's getting a bunch of sweet cards in OGW. If they happens I just hope they figure out how knock it down a pig without taking the easy route and banning the Urza lands but I don't trust them to be that intelligent about it.

Also this.

valakut and bitterblossom were also unbanned and neither of them have gone on to dominate (though maybe now is valakut's time to shine)

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I don't think banning cards to "spice up" the pro tour is needed. People watch modern on twitch a lot even if it is a bunch of schlubs at an scg event.

When it is pros I think interest would only increase, at least for nerds invested enough to be watching magic on twitch anyway.

If they want to increase viewership they just need to improve production values and commentary on their coverage.

That being said I'm interested to see how the meta shakes out

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Angry Grimace posted:

They could fix a bunch of annoying bullshit in Modern by just eliminating Eighth Edition entirely from the cardpool since it only adds 2 cards of particular note: Choke and Ensnaring Bridge.

Although today I learned that Bribery is legal in Modern because of Eighth Edition so maybe not.

you can pry my circle of protection: whites from my cold, dead hands.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

TheKingofSprings posted:

You can make posters and stands of creatures to market but you can't make a stand for Doom Blade

I'd be delighted with a poster/stand of hammer of bogardan

VVVV touche

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 17, 2016

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Shuffle video

https://youtu.be/AxJubaijQbI

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Count Bleck posted:

I refuse to bend cards that hard. :stare:

It's more about the difference between riffle and side shuffling. Mash shuffling approximates riffle shuffling, it just doesn't look as slick.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I ordered all the last pieces for all in knight combo. Stuoid birds of paradise. Whatever I'm stoked. Gonna smash some fuckers.

I didn't have enough forests/plains to get kotr to 20/20 by dump my entire manabase into the gy, but people usually scooped as soon as I started the loop.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Errant Gin Monks posted:

4 noble hierarch
4 birds of paradise
4 knight of the reliquary
4 ruin ghost
4 retreat to coralhelm
4 retreat to kazandu
3 supply/demand
1 idyllic tutor
4 remand
4 path to exile
4 windswept Heath
4 flooded strand
2 misty rainforest
3 temple garden
3 hallowed fountain
2 ghost quarter
1 serije refuge
1 rogues passage
2 Forest
2 plains

SB

3 Geist of st traft
3 spellskite
4 leyline of sanctity
3 pithing needle
2 grafdiggers cage

Two combo exist in the deck.
The Knightfall combo and the ruin ghost combo. Ruin ghost requires both enchantments, knight requires just the one.

Mine was a lot less combo oriented, just bant midrange with an oops I win (or pretty close)

http://deckbox.org/sets/1208125

I think the coco and ajani can go, just not sure for what. Cards to hate on tron I guess?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

TheKingofSprings posted:

There's no reason to run Collected Company on 14 hits, that seems like a really bad idea.

Hence the 2nd part of my post?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Rinkles posted:

I know the deck is unique in many ways but can any other modern deck afford that kind of air?

Skred red runs mindstone

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Entropic posted:

I mean, it has cool art.

I had it as a fun of in a jund value pod deck. Sac mindslicer, hands go and then thundermaw/storm-breath hits the battlefield :getin:

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

The Shortest Path posted:

The scaling on that is way off. Force of Will is 99 and Helm is 10 but it's only like twice the size.

Turn on progressive scaling in options, it'll get closer to your ideal

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Angry Grimace posted:

I wonder if "Vanguard" is supposed to be the Gatewatch or something else.

Pretty much confirms EVIL AVACYN though.

Terror reprint confirmed

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Angry Grimace posted:

Seems like there's pretty much no copies of Boom // Bust around. Because obviously everyone saw my sicknasty deck I'm building:

//Creatures

3 Noble Hierarch
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Wild Nacatl
2 Loxodon Smiter
3 Goblin Dark-Dwellers
4 Knight of the Reliquary
4 Tarmogoyf

//Spells

4 Boom // Bust
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Lightning Helix
1 Path to Exile

//Enchantment

3 Blood Moon

//Land

4 Windswept Heath
4 Wooded Foothills
2 Arid Mesa
1 Mountain
2 Plains
2 Forest
2 Razorverge Thicket
1 Sacred Foundry
1 Stomping Ground
1 Temple Garden
1 Ghost Quarter

A guy on modern nexus has a similar list that uses lotus cobra and storm-breath dragon. Oath of Nissa too. I like the KotRs in yours.

edit: link http://modernnexus.com/seeing-snakes-grx-blood-moon-post-ogw/

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 20, 2016

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

As good a card as it is, I don't like even a single path path in here, fix their mana/give them a mana when you're blowing up lands putting out a moon isn't a great idea.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

legoman727 posted:

Brave the Elements doesn't work either. It's a colorless spell.

Deflecting palm? You should be able to choose the triggered ability.

Nope! Damage to YOU. that knocks out intervention pact type cards.

Bam! Shining shoal, divine deflection. Also voidslime :getin:

Trickbind

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 21, 2016

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
When flying do you check your deck or keep it in your carry-on?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
promo guides are scarce. dang

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I guess it stops you from "drawing" Torrent Elemental/Misthollow Griffin. It also means your opponent doesn't get to see your whole decklist though.

do they actually need to be face up to play from exile?

VVVVVVV Danke

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 25, 2016

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Sickening posted:

I have played against that mill deck before and it was close all games. I decided to price the deck and wow, its incredible how expensive some of that is for being in only playable in this finge deck. Glimpse the Unthinkable is 20 bucks on the cheap end? Modern is a strange format.

Mill is a casual all star strategy. Glimpse has been $20 for years

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

C-Euro posted:

:wtc:

This game is silly.

The tournament report he wrote was great

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

All that old art still has royalties right? That would probably rule it out.

Yes. I remember listening to brainstorm Brewery Jason alt was a big proponent of WotC reprinting birds of paradise with the original art which was a dumb idea because of those royalty payments. They're not going to do original art stuff like that outside of from the vaults or maybe judge foils because they don't want to do royalty payments.

7th editions big thing was "all new art for everything!" That was just to wipe away the last art they had to pay royalties on.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

little munchkin posted:

hey yall question about a chronicles blood moon I recieved from puca trade

The card immediately felt odd to me, like it was lighter or something. I don't have any other chronicles cards to compare it to but it looks a bit thinner than other cards I compared it to. I'm not used to handling cards that old so maybe it's me just being paranoid/inexperienced. It passes the light test, but the art on the front face is slightly off-center and the art on the back is noticeably off-center.

How concerned should I be that card might be fake?

couple other tests you can try here

http://www.apathyhouse.com/fake/page334.php#336

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
what are the worst lands you can give someone with a vedalken plotter in modern?

tendo ice bridge having used the charge counter? crumbling vestige?

edit: contested war zone?

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 2, 2016

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Chamale posted:

Not even a squire, a 1/1. I've always wanted to make a deck with him but it turns out even Dromoka's Command can't make him playable.

White weenie with swords and quest for the holy relic/steelshapers gift. Still not great but swinging with a flipped kenzo with a sword of feast and famine or fire and ice feels pretty good.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
What if the expeditions are the only printing WotC planned for zen fetches :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Count Bleck posted:

So it's "Threshold".

Oh god Fiery Temper is lightning bolt

Also, instant speed burn my god.

It is a reprint

Edit: plleeeease psychatog pleeeeassse

• Locked thread