Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Elyv posted:

double post but w/e

I wish this was 4BBB so it could be a less-subtle reference to Doomsday than it already is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
So how viable should BW Control be in Standard now? I'm kinda intrigued.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

This is actually an offensive opinion.

They have this art on the Modern frame in the CMD 2011 version. I have a playset exactly for this reason. :getin:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

By the way I got a second cat to cooperate with ♦ cards and photography.

I got two rare ♦ creatures from the OGW fat pack, both Endbringer. Gizmo is expecting to have his dumb face scratched. Unlike me pulling Thought-Knot he got what he wanted.

Late, but this is a good cat. :3:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I'm cool with Urza coming back as Zordon; he's already a disembodied head.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Attorney at Funk posted:

When I say "personality" I mean, like, an aesthetic and memorable way of interacting with the world. All this "Emrakul warps biology" poo poo didn't come up on Zendikar. None of the titans' shticks were apparent in the first set they showed up in.

It's been a thing of Emrakul's ever since Zendikar.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

mandatory lesbian posted:

I'm guessing Arlinn Cord took that space in this set but Eldritch Moon will hopefully have one

Pretty sure it'll be Ulrich, if anyone.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Random, but does anyone remember the name of that proxy-making website that would list which card it was by number, so you could have a single deck of proxies for several lists? Thanks in advance!

n1tro posted:

Apparently next year's FTV was leaked. If you don't want to be banned, I strongly advise to not look for #MTGONE on Twitter.

It's one-drops?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Went 2-0 and split winnings with my friend (who had also gone 2-0); pulled a Westvale Abbey, Under the Floorboards, and Flameblade Angel in my packs along with Avacyn as my promo along with some sac outlets and Madness enablers in Mardu, so I rolled with three colors. Felt good to have multiple bombs after so many prereleases where I'd have to MacGuyver my way to victory.

Awesome plays:

-Dropping Avacyn and my opponent using up a ton of resources to kill it, only for me to follow it up with Flameblade Angel and he scooped; Avacyn was a great baiter as she often freaked people out into killing her right away, even if it cost them multiple cards. I never did get to transform her, however... :smith:

-Casting Under the Floorboards Madness for 4 with the hasty red guy that discards to draw cards; too bad I almost always forgot to draw my card afterwards. :sweatdrop:

-Transformed Westvale Abbey with a transformed Pious Evangel out. :getin:

Won 5 packs for my trouble and pulled a Declaration in Stone and second copy of Westvale Abbey, among with some other cards. Once I saw the promo Avacyn I was already satisfied with my prerelease, but I got a few cherries on top to go with it.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 2, 2016

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

stinkles1112 posted:

Edit: Thopter Foundry remains $0.25 why, Magic players, why

It was reprinted in a 2013(?) Commander deck IIRC

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I could see Abbey as a niche option post-sideboarding, as a few have mentioned already.

And no, I'm not saying that because I've got two for trade/sale. :ninja:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
As bad as Siege Rhino was (and it was), Sphinx's Revelation was worse.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

It looks too much like the new Mox Diamond art...

They want all the Moxen to have that look.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
IMHO they should not ban anything from Miracles, thank you for your time.

Really, though, I'm hoping they reprint Flusterstorm.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Foreskin Problems posted:

Hydro/Pyroblast were just spoiled. It's been a good week for pauper cards on mtgo!

I actually fistpumped when I saw them, it's great. Now just holding out hope for Food Chain. :ohdear:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Very proud of how this turned out. I called it "Draw 8 lands and go 0-2 in round 1." Most expensive card I drew was the Chain Lightning but at least the deck was fun and worked exactly how you'd think it would when it wasn't actively loving me. :gbsmith:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Soul Glo posted:

:lol: Amazon sellers got me on that one. It's still going in my Izzet Commander deck :toot:

Always be sure to compare prices so you aren't blowing $20 on a card some people might even give you for free.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Angry Grimace posted:

It's a Wolf in Fallout Armor.

I imagine he's yelling something about Leman Russ and the Allfather.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Until next winter set

Very good. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Hellsau posted: