Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

Thanks to Europe's Wizard twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

The SituAsian posted:

This-but I only saw one activated and it was on turns of some ridiculous stalemate with an Odric on the other side.

Were you next to me? Went 1-1-1 yesterday with a GW humans deck with one removal spell and pump spells. The G2 of the draw I was barely hanging on with tokens from the Uvenwald enchantment that made soldiers from clues. Massively misplayed activating the Abbey and didn't get a chance to gain 9 life, and lost to Odric.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Not even Europe is safe, Ancestral Visions being sold out across the board.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

odiv posted:

Maybe I'm stupid, but don't a lot of vendors yank their copies from sale until things shake out a bit? Or are they selling out at super high prices?

That could also be happening, yeah. With demand so high though they could easily guess at like £30-40 (Thanks Samael) and still make a fair bit. The card price trend was €11 yesterday.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah until recently I've just used tcg-mid out of convenience with Magic apps. mkm makes more sense though tbh.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Not been watching coverage so far, anything interesting? I saw BW midrange being talked up, and it looked strong in the Verses Series videos I've seen.

BW Control/Eldrazi is neat and good, Avacyn is bonkers, various Human flavours. Current round is GB Tokens with Cryptolyth Rites (sp) vs Naya Midrange feat. Nahiri

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

mehall posted:

Most of the tickets are still available, so I'm trying to hold off till payday, but me and my gf are going, and if I get off my but and write some judge reviews, I might try and sit the L2 exam.

I'll be travelling up too but it may depend on work. A coworker has booked the month off so it's going to be all hands on deck currently.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

I'll be there. Thank gently caress too as otherwise I would be working an insane bank holiday weekend

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Rinkles posted:

I'm curious if we'll see new oaths

Oath of Jace 2: For the sake of the tumblrverse, I will sleep with Sorin
Oath of Sorin: For the sake of the multiverse, I will cockblock Liliana
Oath of Liliana: For the sake of the zombies, I will be maybe evil
Oath of Nahiri: For the sake of my fanfic, sempai will notice me
Oath of Emrakul: Blep

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Oath of Tamiyo: In the name of the Moon, I will punish evildoers! :japan:

The card has Tamiyo making a kawaii pose. It becomes the first $10000 card in Sandard

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

poo poo I just realised now someone out there is going to have that as an alter.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Elyv posted:

gisela and bruna merge into whatever this is:

Glad someone at WOTC likes FF9
Oh and What the flying gently caress that is terrifying :stare:

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Having seen the trailer I now want a card with the creature type Eldrazi Horse.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Thalia, Heretical Cathar
2W
First Strike
Creatures and nonbasic lands your opponents play enter the battlefield tapped.
3/2

No idea on a source other than it's on manaleak.

E: I am a moron. Here have you seen Emrakul yet?!

Frozen_flame fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jun 23, 2016

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Thali'mrakul

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Something, er... odd has happened.

MaRo have you done something with your hair?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Samael posted:

Any goons going to GP London? Me and a few friends are going to side events and get stuff signed. Going to be a big one this year, over 2500 people signed up for the GP + the countless people walking in to do other stuff. Hope it's going to be more well run that the previous UK GP I went to which was a shitshow, that's for sure.

Yeah, I'll be there. Not for the main event though, didn't really fancy the fees this time around. Side events beckon.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

The Modern bans seem fair. Dredge likely still lives without GGT? And Probe was overdue a ban.

Lol standard

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

If you like playing lots of Metalwork Colossus in one turn and also sometimes winning with a storm-like combo:
https://deckstats.net/decks/997/644397-paradox-colossus

Why the two Skysoverign in the board? Its a really cool and cheap (ish) deck. Other sideboard pieces makes sense.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Dehtraen posted:

How'd everyone do at gameday?

3-1, lost the final round to my buddy playing Jeskai Trollheeli (he has the combo in the sodeboard) so he got the mat.

Went with that crazy fun Colossus deck and its just as fun going Paradox Engine, Colossus, Colossus, Colossus as you might think. Then the Barrage Tyrant comes.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

This deck makes me kinda want to play standard. That line is 100% my cup of tea.

I mean its still Standard but the deck is hella fun. Someone posted it here so all credit to them for it, I just tweaked it for more interaction 'cos of all the aggro.

With Fatal Push maybe I should run the Implements maindeck with Renegade Map? Still plenty of powerful 2CMC stuff to kill mind.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

poo poo now I'm gonna look like a bad troll saying I like the designs.

Its gonna be hell for coverage though.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Attune with Aether?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah well would OGW have THIS

Finally we are saved. Graveyard Hate is finally here. All hail WotC.

Servicable yet depressing at best probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Fling right into the bin. Its apparently a fake.

• Locked thread