Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kozilek has been busy loving off in ~THE VOID~ or something, so it makes sense that his return would bring a whole lot of hosed up poo poo with it.

That, along with the new art for Kozilek being new while also completely matching the style of the artist it's being credited toward and the general flavor of the bismuth thing associated with Kozilek, it's either real or a fake made by somebody close to WotC who is probably losing their job as we speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

Trying to make magic into a multiplayer game is like trying to use D&D rules for a survival horror RPG.

EDH, 2HG, Emperor, and Conspiracy drafts were all great, and so is Call of Cthulhu. Sounds about right!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

When the standard format consists of decks that cost over a grand that wipe the floor with all other decks that don't, people tend to not play that format as much.

This standard is one of the worst we've had since LOR/ALA, imo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Khans standards have been hot loving garbage and I say that as someone who lived through Faeries/Jund/5CC standards back to back to back. Once that block rotates and we have a standard without both fetchduals and Siege loving Rhino I think the platform built off of BFZ for standard will be really interesting.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Niton posted:

Presenting the first english spoiler of the Shadows of Innistrad spoiler season:

A slightly toned down version of that card would be real fuckin neato, actually.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GeneX posted:

Look, it's step 1 to the return of OmniDoor ThragFire, the third greatest standard deck since Caw Blade (the 2 mill-wincondition control decks are the best.)

Can we go back to pretending Travis Woo doesn't exist and never has?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sickening posted:

Shock was common and common can't have that kind of power level anymore.

This is the worst thing.

If Lightning Bolt ever gets reprinted in a standard set again it's going to be a loving mythic.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

It's really hard to cast Nissa with Calciform Pools. Not that you can't, for instance in legacy you can use Green Mana Battery,

Has it occurred to you that this shitpost isn't funny to anybody except yourself?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

There was a full spoiler a few years ago because of that godbook nonsense but I can't remember the consequences here other than people arguing whether or not having access to the godbook for playtesting purposes was significant

I think the only consequences of that were a dude getting sued and Wizards trying to be way tighter with leaks going forward.

Unless this is a different instance of huge leaks that I'm not thinking of?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Living End could have some fun with him, I think.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Absolutely. 3 cmc is bonkers for any cascade deck. He plays nice with SSG too.

Well that and he can re-cast Living End after it plays him out of your yard.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

I think they should make a format where the ban list is "literally every card over $10 TCG mid" and see what happens.

As soon as the format gets popular cards that are good in it will get more expensive and thus ban themselves out of play, then drop as a result, going in infinite cycles of rapid banlist changes.

It would be fun as gently caress but you'd basically have to build a new deck at least once a week.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cruel Ultimatum and Browbeat had a baby... sort of.

Probably not good in anything but limited, but it's a fun card.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

"It was that big."

Look at all these fucks I give!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If I win this 1.4 billion dollar lottery I'm going to buy a quarter of Hasbro with it and start stirring poo poo about awful WotC policies. Wish me luck goons.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Holy poo poo.

Ronpaulitshappening.jpg

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

There are more powerful 7+ drops than Karn, they just required colored mana usually in spades. Cruel Ultimatum comes to mind.

Karn is so strong because you can play him turn 3-4 off of entirely colorless mana. If he required 2+ colored mana or Tron lands weren't a thing, he would be mediocre at best.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

People getting upset about the Twin ban completely baffle me. 90% of the deck's value is in the lands and snapcasters, which aren't going anywhere and can just be slotted into grixis control or something.

Twin has had it coming for a long drat time, the only thing to be upset about is that it didn't happen sooner tbh.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So now that GR Tron has lost a bunch of its bad matchups and Bx Eldrazi is becoming a thing, I'm seriously considering putting U Tron together since it's really solid against both of those decks.

What the bloody hell do I do against Zoo and Jund, other than pray?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lancelot posted:

the whole Weatherlight saga was crap too.

I'll fight you

Brother's War was the best storyline

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Literally kill everyone who plays this game

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

We really do not have any straight-up Murder variants in Standard at all do we.

Also kill everyone who makes this game, tia.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The scaling on that is way off. Force of Will is 99 and Helm is 10 but it's only like twice the size.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Why is there such a massive price difference in the expedition filter lands? It's not like any of them get played in anything outside of EDH for there to be stratified demand.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Goblin Dark-Dwellers casting Bust out of your yard is the best thing, wow.

e: especially after turn 2 boom on your own fetch

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Turn 1: Land, Birds
Turn 2: Fetchland, cast Boom, targeting Urza's Tower and Fetch, sac the fetch, play a Hierarch.

:troll:

I built this like 6 months ago with a pile of other land destruction (Molten Rain, Stone Rain, Rain of Tears, Cryoclasm in the board) but not having win conditions other than concession is pretty bad unfortunately.

Your deck seems much better and also more fun.

e: Boom//Bust is completely out of stock on SCG and TCGplayer, coincidence?

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 20, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I have called fourteen game stores within an hour of Manchester and zero of them have this card in stock.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

mcmagic posted:

LOL @ Modern becoming the land destruction format.

I can't imagine this being playable for more than a single set rotation if it makes top 8 anywhere at all. Sinkhole+Geddon in Modern would just be too much.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Went to a local nerd shop looking for used old video games and found a Karn Liberated for 35 bucks and an Atarka's Command for 6. :toot:

Gotta love places that don't update their prices frequently. Just look at this spike, jesus http://www.mtgstocks.com/prints/28138

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Gensuki posted:

I have a question about Kozilek's return.

There is no way to really counter this card's second ability right? It is not cast as a spell, and its triggered ability is what exiles it, so if you stifle the trigger, the card stays in their graveyard? The only way to avoid it is to play big creatures, or Brave The Elements?

You can remove it from the graveyard in response to the trigger. But yes, stifling it just means it waits for the next Eldrazi with 7+ cmc.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Abzan can splash colorless easily enough with 6-8 pains and 2-4 Holdout Settlement.

Don't underestimate Holdout Settlement.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It was made by some guy on Reddit

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Zoness posted:

"Target creature's controller sacrifices it" is a real template :v:.

But it needs to by pass hexproof because

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GeneX posted:

He's also right about twin

Twin can get hosed.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

A very well-reasoned argument indeed.

A deck that forces your opponent to do essentially nothing after your turn three because you have the power to win on the spot out of an empty board is something that should not exist in modern, and thus can get hosed. Twin has needed a ban for years.

If the metagame is bad after its banning, ban/unban more poo poo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

En Fuego posted:

The new bushwhacker is pretty great.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's almost like not having to dedicate half your sideboard to beating Twin means you can dedicate those slots to the deck everyone thinks is going to be the next most oppressive, wow.

4 tec edge in the board is pretty lulzy though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

There is some really phenomenal work being done on the "attribute this t8 to the twin ban" front and I think that should be applauded

I 100% guarantee that if Twin were not banned that t8 would not be comprised of the same 8 players with the same 8 decks that are currently in it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Are you saying things would be different if they were different? :confused:

Yes, that's :thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Flagstones is good pretty much exclusively because it can grab shocks. Ghost Quarter on your own Flagstones is pretty good fixing if you don't need to blow up an opponent's land, and makes a pile of Ghost Quarters in the main feasible.

E: Also boom. Never forget Boom.

• Locked thread