Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I personally am waiting for the "Nahri loved Sorin but he never came back to Zendikar like he promised" plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

mcmagic posted:

I really like this card. Easy no 1 pick

I agree and glad that it's at uncommon rather then Isolation Zone common.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Oh man this set is bosssssss

Can't wait for LSV and Marshals set review for Luis so gush over the lack of flavour fails.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Yep people are stupid.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Magic: The Gathering: Mulligan's Are Cheating

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

logis posted:

My midnight release stories:

The delirium:
Opponent has out the new delver (flips to 5/4 if you reveal instant/sorcery). He misses the first flip (hits land).
Opponent: OK, second flip. Huh, a check card.
Me: Ok, doesnt flip, its a creature.
Opponent: Hmm. No, wait, it's Startled Awake. Delver flips.
Me: ...
Opponent: Oh, and I'll reanimate it.
Me: <dies in two turns>

Wait so he showed his Check Card that was representing his Startled Awake, flipped Bigger Delver then reanimated the flipped side of Startled Awake?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

The self-reanimation ability is on the front side. I mean, how else would it work?

Oh right. Sorry I was like "Are you telling us your oppoent did some weird lying bullshit with his check card?"

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sirius Sam posted:

Played at a new store today

Please give story of Sir Dirty Hand

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lancelot posted:

If you think about it, it makes all your creatures into Honored Hierarchs, which we know from Travis Woo is better than Delver of Secrets, a modern- and legacy-playable card. So really, it's surprising that it's not breaking a hundo on preorder prices.

Remember guys:

Travis Woo wants YOU to give him 37 USD so to turn you into a Pro Content creator so that you can MAKE MONEY like he does playing Magic. Seriously. Trust him on this. You WILL make money, he promises.

http://www.mtgtraining.com/pro-content/

WARNING: Powers to make Magic money may involve living with out shoes, walking backwards up stairs, having a pube-beard, getting into pointless arguments about basketball with actual Magic content creators, talking about how Hitler is a-OK and getting suspend from popular Magic fan sites for your views on Hitler

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

He compares it to Heritage Druid directly. He didn't seem to notice that Heritage Druid allows you to tap elves cast that turn.

He says Show & Tell and Demonic Tutor aren't legal in Modern, but the reason they're not is the same reason Pygmy Allosaurus isn't.

Christ, he acknowledges April Fools Day even.

The man isn't very smart in his justification or comparisons that is super true.

Look maybe there is a deck where it's relevant and good; likely there isn't. And if there is it's likely to be a token based deck that is going to be fearing Languish and/or Flaying Tendrils anyway and therefore isn't going to get far.

Please do dredge this post out though when some sort of Tokens/Ramp strat wins the PT; my interest in standard is non-existent except from a "I'm gonna look up this deck that is on this stream in between draft rounds/while I'm procrastinating watch CBF vids, OK done I get what it's doing."

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Apr 7, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

He's an inspirational message to other content creators: you don't actually need to know anything to get views.

Re: Travis Woo

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Bugsy posted:

SOI drafts are going to work like ISD drafts right? Got to show the which DFC cards are in the pack when opening.

On LR Marshall said when drafting paper you show which DFC cards you open to the table but you don't need to announce when you take them; however they need to go to the top of the pile in front of you regardless of pick order.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

clamiam45 posted:

I enjoy him a lot on Ced Talks and on commentary, I just don't think he's the best. To be fair he's probably the second best (in his prime) after Randy Buehler and Brian David Marshall combination.

Edit: Also Patrick Sullivan reads the Economist. :wtc:

I'm sorry, did you just suggest Randy Buehler for a portion of "Best commentator"?

What is wrong with you?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

AgentSythe posted:

GUSH B*TCH

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
IIRC the Judge was allowed to cut the opponents deck in lieu of Kibler while he went to the bathroom.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Decided to look at the responses to that tweet:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Elyv posted:

Who wants to sacrifice themselves on the altar of listening to Travis Woo ramble for an hour to report back to the thread?

tl;dr TWoo and Berry have no clue what will happen if Shkreli buys up big but spend the 20min basically talking about how what even happens he isn't necessarily an evil man. And for some reason neither is Berry? Dono what he did though.

I don't know who Craig Berry is but apparently he knows something about MTG Financing.

Neat.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
He didn't seem to be comparing himself to Shkreli; though he suggested he maybe in contact with him in the future. He did make a point at the end trying to assert that he (Berry) isn't a bad man and is doing w/e he is in MTG finance because he wants to "afford a comfortable life and maybe put my daughter through college."

He made some other weird statement too about there "being more dual-lands out there than people know about." and "I personally know people with like five-to-six-hundred duals that could come out of the woodwork if Shkreli buys up all the ones on online dealers."

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Meld is neato, especially in regards to Bruna/Gisella but the fact that there are only 3 Melded cards makes it feel very tacked onto the set :(

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Magic story time!

-Thalia is leading the remaining uncorrupted cathars. There aren't many of them. The Inquisition is totally Emrakuled and calling themselves the Sinpurged.

-Thalia is possessed by Saint Traft and riding a gryff

-One of her grizzled cathars shows up with Avacyn's spear. He can't touch it without pain but she can cause Traft

-Everyone gets really depressed when they see the spear because it means Avacyn's dead but Thalia rallies them with a speech

-They're heading for Thraben. So are lots of emrakul monstrosities. They fight some and Thalia kills It That Rides As One but a Cathar is overcome by Emrakorruption and has to be put down.

-They meet Olivia and her vampire army, Olivia does some alpha dog power play stuff but agrees to an alliance

-Thraben is under siege. Everyone is fighting back. They're making progress until Brisela shows up. Thalia/Traft summons a ton of geists to possess her soldiers to make them immune to corruption

-Sigarda fights Brisela and buys Thalia time. Thalia lets Traft take the wheel and kills Brisela with Avacyn's spear. Hooray! Sigarda is free and uncorrupted.

-Too bad. Emrakul shows up and everyone is hosed.

From the look of things the Gatewatch will then show up and save everyone, mostly using Lili's army of the undead. Jace and Tamiyo will seal Emrakul in the silver moon using Tami's research plus moon magic. The Gatewatch will then gently caress off to advenntuuuure

NFI what Sorin or Nahri are doing; probs having a final show down privately because as older planeswalkers they feel above all this poo poo and Sorin appears to have given up on Innistrad anyway and wants payback. They will likely appear again later having a running fight till Ugin steps in.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Star Man posted:

There already is a legendary wall ya dinguses.

I just realized he has a tail.

A tree with a tail.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Soul Glo posted:

Also had a seven minute judge call where the guy spent that time Googling how in the hell it worked when I attacked with my Relentless Dead into a Mad Prophet and Permeating Mass. He ruled the Prophet died, the Relentless Dead died and I got to pull it back to my hand (e: paying the B to use its ability). He said there were three pages of discussion on that card and had a hell of a time figuring out what to do, Permeating Mass is gonna be a good argument starter.

I think that sounds right.

You attack with RD, he double blocks with Prophet and Mass.
You assign combat damage with 2 to Prophet, 0 to Mass.
He assigns combat damage with all to RD.
Combat Damage happens Mass effect triggers going on the stack (like pre-keyword life link); Prophet and RD both take lethal and are state based into the graveyard, RD trigger goes on the stack.
RD effect resolves, you pay the B to return it to your hand.
Mass effect resolves.

Is this interpretation right or have I borked up somewhere?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

DurdleDuck posted:

The answer to this question is in the release notes for Eldritch Moon, which a proper judge really shouldn't spend 7 minutes trying to find.

"A creature dealt lethal damage during combat won't survive long enough to become a copy of Permeating Mass."

So what I said just in a single sentence.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I think it's funny flavor wise: It can convert all the poo poo Emrakul has converted into Not-Call-Of-Lovecraftian monstrosities into copies of itself.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

DurdleDuck posted:

Yeah sorry, I intended to both confirm you had it right and at the same time point out that judges at a prerelease should really read the release notes. One of those two intentions seems to have come across more clearly than the other--my bad.

None offence taken, was just checking my work. I didn't read the release notes myself so I wanted to make sure my working was correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Star Man posted:

Oh christ.

I had to mail back a playset of Descend upon the Sinful to fulfill an eBay dispute in order to get a refund. I was supposed to get a playset of Declaration in Stone, but the seller hosed up and sent me the wrong cards. After hearing back from them on the last day they could before I could request a refund, I asked for tracking information when the seller said they'd send me the correct cards, but heard nothing from the seller and moved forward with eBay for a refund. I just got the playset of Declarations in the mail today after eBay refunded me. I dunno if I should tell the guy that I was refunded or if I should just keep them.

Really the right thing to do is tell them you got the refund.

• Locked thread