Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
My assumption is that the diamond symbol literally refers to colorless mana. It's not a new, sixth color, and you actually can pay for the new Kozilek by tapping five Sol Rings. However, you could not do it by tapping nine mountains and one mind stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Then why does a land produce ♦?

I don't think it does. The diamond just looks better, and fits the aesthetic of full art lands better, than a big number 1.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

I think that's just the new, no-ambiguities way to say "{1}" now, just because that seems less insane than any alternative.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Have Blue posted:

Hanweir's neat but it'd be creepier with a "human ooze" typeline. Nthing the disappointment that they went all in on the eldrazi in the space of one? set.

My biggest regret is that we never got a card called "Simic Angel" with "Creature - Human Bird Ooze" in its type line.

"This is how you make them, right?"

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Exclusive EDM spoiler: there's another colorshifted donate in the set too.

Angel of Donations 2W
Creature -- Angel
Flying, first strike, vigilance, lifelink, haste, protection from permanents you own
When Angel of Donations enters the battlefield, target opponent gains control of target permanent you control and you gain 2 life.
4/5

Dies to removal.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'm not sure i understand why she is green

She uses blue mana to draw cards, tap permanents, and cast spells without paying their casting costs. She uses green and white mana to be good in standard.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Entropic posted:

You could in theory draw as many as 4 cards from one activation of her +1 if double-strike is involved.

Eight with double strike, vigilance, and a cooperative opponent!

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Kuiperdolin posted:

Add a fight spell, ten. Ka-ching.

Fights don't cause any combat damage. However, I just realized that you could draw twelve cards if you immediately followed Tamiyo with the new Emrakul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Irony Be My Shield posted:

An arbitrary number if your opponent keeps taking extra turns/combat phases!!

You realize too late that their plan along was to keep using time walk/lure effects in order to deck you.

• Locked thread