Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

suicidesteve posted:

Kozilek proves it's fake. They don't print colorless counterspells.

Null brooch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Why does Mirrorpool "T:♦" specifically if ♦ is just "pay me with colorless!"
Because you can't pay that mana with a swamp or forest or island. You can pay for it with the colorless mana from a painland. They want colorless to have some sort of identity, rather than "hey any color can be used for this."

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

EatinCake posted:

All the discussion about a new mana symbol has got me and a buddy talking about 'snowdrazi', and, well

Quoting this for the new page.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Bugsy posted:

This is cool look at everyone favorite beefcake from origins.

http://originalmagicart.com/art-in-focus-enthralling-victor-by-winona-nelson/

:allears: This is lovely.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Admiral posted:

Shameless plug time!

I posted a link a while back to my playmat designs on Inked, and I've since made a lot of them available (plus some extras) as t-shirts and hoodies on RedBubble. Gitaxian Investments & Securities is one that isn't available as a playmat, and the newest design is Oblivion Sewing & Alterations. If you're looking for a cheap MTG related Christmas present for someone - these might do the trick. =0)
Quoting this for myself so I can check it out once I'm not on mobile. I adore your work.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Trying to play Magic Puzzle Quest, finished Nissas tutorial and it tells me to go to the vault for my free booster. But the only ones there, I have to pay for. I can't go anywhere else in the game until I claim my free pack, which isn't there or isn't free. Anyone else have this problem?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Boco_T posted:

I assume it just means it gave you the points to buy whatever one you're supposed to buy. Just pay for it, you get enough points for a booster after each story battle you win.

Also, I have put all my points into leveling up Chandra rather than buying packs and the game is very easy because she gets "deal 2 damage to a creature" activated ability allowing you to remove most creatures without spending a card. And it levels up later to 3 damage.
Nope, the only thing I can click on is where it says 60x gold to buy, then the pop up to buy gold comes up. Tried the left one too, that costs 225 (or 250?) planeswalker bits, just says I don't have enough. Maybe I'll just try deleting the data and redoing the tutorial.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Which goon was it that had the cool playmat designs they were selling? Like urza utilities and siege rhino security. Need to buy a secret santa gift.

It was Erik something on inkedplaymats. I quoted it if you look at my post history.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Yawgmoth posted:

I think they should make a format where the ban list is "literally every card over $10 TCG mid" and see what happens.
Would play the poo poo out of this format.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I brought jeskai black to fnm this week and went 4-0, 8-0 in games. I used 3 foil Jace and 6 expeditions. The self-loathing is real. I don't think I've ever hated myself more.

But opening a Temple Garden expedition from the first prize pack was nice.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Niton posted:

Happy Holidays from The Good Gamery!

[x]

Holy poo poo.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Bugsy posted:

Holy gently caress thats awful.

That outside line is uneven all over the place (and why is it there in the first place???), and are any of the circles actually circles?

This was my first thought too. His artist needs to be fired into the sun.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

You guys should lobby your lgs or playgroup to do the occasional unsanctioned all proxy legacy or modern events. You can see whether you actually like how a deck plays before dropping bucks on it, or just try a different one every week. Also the try hards stay away.

My LGS does a $5 full proxy Modern every Wednesday night. Prizes are basically a pack of standard per win, but it's a great way to test and tweak decks.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Angry Grimace posted:

"So, uh, Jace, I heard you're heading to Innistrad."

I wish this image could be the thread title.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

GeneX posted:

I would be okay with SOI being the bloodborne set
If it was done properly that would be absolutely amazing.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

whydirt posted:

Is this a real card?
Is it just a proxy?
Trampled by rhinos
No escape from WotC
Open your sleeves
Read Blogatog and see
I'm not a newbie, I need no sympathy
Because now it's scry mulligans and NWO
Always high, never low
#mtgfinance doesn't really matter to me
To me

Holy poo poo.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

ThePeavstenator posted:

Wow WotC handles a leak without incident amazing

That was honestly my biggest takeaway from the situation. Kinda glad to see twin and bloom go, though.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Samael posted:

I played Patrick Chapin's all Colourless deck (not including the hangarbacks, sadly, screw those things) to a 4-0 win at my FNM yesterday, the deck is nuts.

Reality Smasher is the real deal, being able to reliably play T4 reality smashers through things like mage ring network, or being able to blank all of their wrath effects with warping wail and the dream of playing Eldrazi Mimic T2 and watch it kill someone just by curving out into Thought Knot Seers and Reality Smashers is pretty great.

The decks cons is it's weakness to going wide, I'm not sure what the deck can do against that, although I beat an atarka red player by having 4 colourless permanents on the board and using 2 tomb of the spirit dragon every end of my turn to gain 8 life. To be fair, he got a bit screwed on green mana but he was not pleased losing to a bulk last pick draft uncommon from khans.

I like this post. After hating myself to death with Jeskai Black, I wanna find something neat to play and was looking at either this or black/devoid aggro. Unfortunately my FNM got Snowpocalypsed out this week, but I'm gonna try to get this or black done for next week.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Alris posted:

When will deck lists for this event go up?

There's 3 deck tech lists up on SCG now. Jeskai Black, WV Control, and UR Prowess.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Gensuki posted:

What is the best thing to flicker in this standard? It's been a while since we've had a repeatable flicker effect, and I am not sure what sort of jank to run with eldrazi displacer?

Siege Rhino is always a fun value choice.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Barry Shitpeas posted:

They're really bad on their own and unless SOI has great duals we're going to enter the Spring Of lovely Mana

I would be 110% okay with this. Mana is ridiculous right now and maybe it'll bring 1-2 colour decks back (Atarka Red notwithstanding) into the spotlight.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

The Shortest Path posted:

I'm legit surprised that Praetor's Grasp hasn't been the latest victim of MTGFinance bullshit with how hugely it got buffed in EDH. It's essentially Demonic Tutor for anyone else's deck as long as you're running BoP or City of Brass or something.

It was the best card when commanders could be tucked. :allears:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Excellent thanks bro. :hf:

So who is taking the new eldrazi deck to regionals tommorrow?

I took the BC version to FNM last night and went 4-0, 8-1 in games. The deck is legit as hell. Just wish my Big Al Drazi playmat and Oblivion Sewer shirt had come in last night for it.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Count Bleck posted:

Do you happen to have the list available?

I mistyped it on my phone, it's BWC not BC. I'll type up the list for you when I get home from work later.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=11533&d=265612&f=ST

I ran the BW Eldrazi list to a 4-0, 8-2 overall record last night. Had to replace 2 Transgress with a Duress, Hidden Dragonslayer with Murderous Cut, 2 SB Dragonslayer with Surge of Righteousness. Deck is legit. Working today because I'm a dumb who forgot to request it off, but excited to take it to game day tomorrow.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Jeskai just ran me over with mantis rider, so I need to have more 3 damage removal in the SB and Bant I started wih 2 land hands and never drew another land in both game which went at least 6 turns each. So maybe I need to go up to 24-25 lands.
Warping Wail out of the sideboard is pretty tits, I boarded it in a lot on Friday. Only 4 people for game day today...

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Pyronic posted:

Here's what I played at Gameday:

Quoting so I can see this list later.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

The strand looks a tiny bit shorter than the other three, but something about the Tarn just seems off, so my guess is one of the two.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

C-Euro posted:

If counterfeiters have reverse-engineered New Pack Smell, then they need to share that with the rest of the world yesterday.
Emptyquoting this. Also they need to make car fresheners with the smell.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Mr. Peepers posted:

We (I) need you at CSC, standard FNM didn't even fire last week.
Should've told us you were back! I'll be there for the PTQ tomorrow. Come play at Third Eye, lots of people and casual environment.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Awww yiss, 8 player GPT. Time to 0-1 drop. :v:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Cernunnos posted:

All I remember Uktabi Orangutan for is the monkeys in the background going at it.

I also was just reminded that the Unhinged Uktabi Kong confirms that that is exactly what those monkeys were doing:

Holy poo poo it makes babies too. How did it take me 13 years to see that.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I love my Big Al Drazi's mat. Even though the printing process made it stinky as hell, anyone else get that from Inked?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Balon posted:

God this standard is painful- if its not fetches slowing play down its all the lifegain tacked on to useless poo poo. 4-round FNM and each round has gone a full hour because people are locked in lifegaining stalemates.

I played GB Elfball tonight. No fetches, no shuffle effects. 4-0/8-0 with multiple turn 4-5 wins. It was beautiful. My longest round was 35 minutes. :allears:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Yawgmoth posted:

I am really interested in this decklist now.
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=99677

Played this, switching out one Sylvan Messenger for a Stoneforge Masterwork. Highlight was a turn 4 Shaman for 7, Shaman for 8, swing for lethal.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

In 2hg pre-release for M14, we had a mill Jace in our pool. His 0 to mill 10 was backbreaking. We never got it off more than once per game. Being able to mill 13, with the chance of recurring it, is gonna be brutal in limited at least.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Got my level 1 today! :woop:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Also dress up like a power ranger.
This is the real answer.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Sin Prodder is going to be very painful to play against and I want to run 4 of them. I have no idea what the shell will be but I love it and hate it already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

This card makes me glad that Tiny Leaders isn't a thing anymore. That would be absolutely abysmal in Geist TL.

• Locked thread