Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Entropic posted:

Is he a CoCo deck? I didn't see him cast any yet in the bits of coverage I've seen so far but it makes sense his deck would be running them.

And anyone know what his mana base looks like? Is he bothering with Hissing Quagmire or does he not want CITPT lands with how low to the ground the deck is?

This decklist looks quite close: https://deckbox.org/sets/1393491

It has 4 Wasters, 4 Quagmires, and 4 Abbeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
lsv drafting the ol' triple fevered visions deck

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
the BDM / Randy combo is really the worst. both verbose idiots who keep talking over each other.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
this standard is really cool

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Barry Shitpeas posted:

He had a Dragon Hunter to block, I don't know if he forgot it had reach or he was just scooping because LSV was going back up to 20

Ormendahl is not a dragon

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
can someone explain why mori conceded? twitch chat thinks mengucci is scum

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Not sure if I should warn people about this here or in the limited thread or both, but I discovered an interesting MTGO bug tonight: foils from prerelease and sealed leagues don't seem to show up in your collection when you finish! So yeah, anyone who is currently playing or has recently played in a MTGO sealed league might want to keep an eye on making sure your cards don't vanish into the aether.

I've still got mine! Are you sure you have foils viewable?

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

...well I sure feel like a dumbass, although I really have no idea how that box got unchecked. I had to search around for it. Welp, time to follow up that complaint to Wizards.

mtgo is a quality program

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sharzak posted:

Anyone have a demonic tentacles list? I don't follow pro magic often so I wouldn't really know where to look myself

http://deckstats.net/decks/30280/476632-eduardo-sajgalik-s-demonic-ten/en

This looks like it — there was a deck tech on the stream so there's no reason for this to be any different.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
lsv getting torn apart by last year's standard deck

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
How much did you actually make if you were a Pro good enough to make plat and appeared at all the PTs, Worlds, and a decent number of GPs in your area? Did you still have to pay for flights etc or was that included in the PT appearance fee?

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
how many times have we had the [haphazard statement] -> [player outrage] -> [hastily-written half-concession] sequence play out over the last year or so? feels like it's been half a dozen.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
I love that Pulse of Murasa is a constructed playable card.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is it really dead though? It's still a very good deck.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
is there a secret meaning of sjw that i'm not aware of that includes "one who promotes hygiene"

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/lsv/status/729382992938938369

what

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

whydirt posted:

Baseless speculation: Eldritch Moon will care about the Horror creature type as a sub-theme. There are enough creatures with it as an additional type that I feel like it's not just there as purely flavor (and interaction with Thing in the Ice).

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Traditional Games > Magic: the Gathering: Creature — Thread Horror

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

JerryLee posted:

Only loosely related, but the weird equipment you can see on a lot of those cards in Urza's Saga (I think it was for exploring the time rifts or something?) is still some of my favorite Magic visual design. It's like the spiritual ancestor to Izzet, but not trying quite as hard.

Yeah, it's cool, and I think WotC wouldn't have minded it so much if it hadn't been the default MtG flavour. Dominaria is cool as a gritty 90s fantasy world but until Mirrodin you could really tell they were getting frustrated with it as the only setting they were allowed to explore.

I actually didn't really care about the TSP flavour — lots of it felt like a retread of Odyssey/Onslaught (i.e. both postapocalyptic barren landscapes).

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Angry Grimace posted:

Unleashing this on sweet summer Modern children is just loving priceless

What list are you working with? Sickening's from a page or two back?

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

mehall posted:

It was supposed to be the big black delve demon for Khans, but then they decided demons weren't on Tarkir.
Then they changed heir mind, but fogot to reprint the FUT card anyway.

Tarkir was a pretty good block, but they really screwed themselves over by caring too much about what flavour said design could or couldn't do. Like, they couldn't design any common dragons because flavour told them there were no baby dragons? Who gives a poo poo, honestly.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Gensuki posted:

SilumgarFat Dragon 3BB for a 3/3 with lifelink and deathtouch
wanna play fat dragon

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sigma-X posted:

what is literally a better name?

per-pack average (ppa)

"dragons of tarkir has a ppa of dragons of-" *farts*

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cactrot posted:

If my opponent has fevered visions out and I play avaricious dragon, I draw from visions and presumably take damage before the dragon trigger makes me discard. Is that correct?

Yep. Active player's triggers go on the stack first, then non-active player. So the Visions trigger ends up being on top and resolving first (unfortunately for the Dragon player).

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

End of Life Guy posted:

If I have bridge from below in my graveyard, and I trade a creature in combat, do I control both triggers, or does my bridge get exiled before I would get a zombie?

It's your card that the triggers come from, so you control both of them and get to stack them as you like.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Chill la Chill posted:

Everyone here should make magic decks in tabletop simulator so we can knock over tokens and roll dice off the table and also flip it.

finally, Chaos Orb online

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

BJPaskoff posted:

This and I believe I remember someone telling me it was a legal thing. You don't want "assaulting a tournament official" on the list when there's assault charges in a real legal court ongoing from the DQ incident... I'm not a lawyer so I can't tell if that's true or not, but it sounds right.
It's kind of the opposite — you don't want to put "assaulting a tournament official" on the list, have those charges be dismissed or not laid before the court, and get sued for defamation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jabor posted:

Carry dice of all sizes from 60 down to 1 and do a proper fisher-yates shuffle

what about my vintage battle of wits deck :saddowns:

• Locked thread