Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Zoness posted:

Whatever black potus marks, dies. There is no escape.

"You think you can stomach these?" said the Pretzel Vendor.
"I think I can desalinate them" said Sperling.

That was a pretty good list of complaints tbh.

...and you will know us by the trail of threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Ramos posted:

Rarely have ego and madness been so delightfully wed as they have in our dear McMagic.

He's big an' dumb an' ready to post. A lot like ol' Zoness here.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
method man is all about limited. he's got himself a forty. he's got himself a shorty.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
there's no type, they just need to fiat that it does something and domain and poo poo work fine

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
oh someone else figured that one out ok

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Angry Grimace posted:

It's perfectly possible they decided the Barry's Land issue (increasing Domain count) was less mechanically and functionally interesting than making Colorless mana itself matter plus giving EDH colorless decks a basic.

this has no type, there are still only 5 types. the thing on the type line is the type not the name

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
it means they just need to put a rule in that a basic land w/o a basic land subtype taps for 1 or w/e instead of a color of mana

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i'm v skeptical about these spoilers at the moment but not because they introduce some unsolvable rules issue

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
the real great distortion here is turning the very funny start of this thread into bad speculation posts :o:

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Zoness posted:

When has this not been the case aside from artifacts/equipment as a pushed theme?

remember when they made the set pushing enchantments and then put memory jar in it

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
green would be significantly better if unnatural aggression gave a p/t boost. my first draft i assumed it did and didn't realize until i went to cast it and saw i was about to 2-for-1 myself.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Foreskin Problems posted:

SaffronOlive is what TWoo aspired to, but never achieved.

a member of the master race???

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i looked up the top 8 decklists expecting to see stock UR twin having won but instead it was jeskai twin!! now i'm very angry that someone played cool cards like restoration angel in modern, please ban splinter twin to keep this from happening again.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Barry Shitpeas posted:

there is no way that is the more recent templating

instead of saying "i plow your mom" i'm going to start saying "your mom takes up farming" and winking suggestively

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
don't worry, you get your mom's power in life

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
sperling got mad at bivouac, because he's a grown man

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i love the smell of the color pie argument in the morning. it smells like dogmatism.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
BEFORE THE PYROMASTER
A play in one act, by black potus

Maro (at his dining table, ready for dessert): Ah! Color pie! My favorite. (he eats) Blue counterspells! White lifelink! Black removal! Green fatties! (abruptly stops, then does a dramatic spit take and throws the plate on the floor) WHAT'S THIS? RED CARD ADVANTAGE?!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

mcmagic posted:

OK, that is sweet.

2016 GP Promo

ty for making the mirror match even uglier

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
MCMAGIC:

i think painful truths is not good in legacy and am willing to do a bet wherein if by some agreed upon metric it proves to be a real card within 6 months (# of top 8 appearances, but i can't look up an event schedule atm) i will do one of these:

1) post with proper caps and punctuation in the magic thread forever
2) play a major legacy event (SCG open/GP at least) with painful truths (and what the heck narset) in my maindeck and post a trip report on these forums
3) a humorous forums punishment of the threads choosing

if you agree to this bet post and dear thread please provide us with stakes

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i will also take this bet with anyone else who feels strongly that painful truths is Good In Legacy and also side action on whether mcmagic will agree

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Sure. It's not going to be a 4 of but I would bet that it will show up in multiple decks in multiple top 8's.

ok cool. thread help us set terms!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
mcmagic if you won't stop using ellipses please propose some stakes thank you

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
run whatever list Chamale comes up with for wild pair through a gp/open/etc. and post a detailed tourney report

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
MCMAGIC: are you comfortable calling FIVE (5) top 8 decks featuring Painful Truths in the next THREE (3) months, by March 8th, 2016 Anno Domini in ONE HUNDRED PLUS (this gimmick is hard, 100+) person events success in legacy for the purposes of our bet?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

odiv posted:

Does that have to be five distinct decks? Or just five top 8s?

the latter.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Dr. Stab posted:

Except now colorless mana is ♦, so it'd say (♦ can only be paid for with ♦) which is basically not saying anything.

it's flavor text
written by an idiot, full of sound and fury
signifying nothing.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i dont know if im estragon or vladimir but im def Waiting For Goodpost

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
no im def estragon my boots hurt :cry:

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

black potus posted:

MCMAGIC: are you comfortable calling FIVE (5) top 8 decks featuring Painful Truths in the next THREE (3) months, by March 8th, 2016 Anno Domini in ONE HUNDRED PLUS (this gimmick is hard, 100+) person events success in legacy for the purposes of our bet?

POLICE DETECTIVE (As an officer pulls the above post out of the river): Who do we think did this? The mob? Some serial killer?
BLACK POTUS (swooping into the scene in a batmanesque costume except instead of a bat cowl I'm wearing an Obama mask and holding an alpha black lotus like a batarang): No. It's a new super villain. He goes by the name THE MAGIC THREAD.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
ALL
A heavy sight!

ANTONY
I am dying, Egypt, dying.
Give me some wine and let me speak a little.

CLEOPATRA
No, let me speak, and let me rail so high
Animar is a fair commander and
You're just a loving scrub.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i dunno if we settled on me having to type properly forever or play painful truths in a big event

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Errant Gin Monks posted:

It's the only red sweeper available that's not converge. Why would it be win more? Pyroclasm is a good card that is used all over. Printing a new one for 3 seems pretty relevant in standard. It's dumb that it's mythic, but it could do some work. Radiant flames isn't anywhere near as good.

i'm guessing he means sphinx in legacy being anything besides trash, and if not i mean that

e: ah ok well as i say i mean that

also it's very funny to me that this difficult to deal with sphinx up and dies when kozilek returns

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
*busts into the thread like kramer, tripping over legs and falling face down on page 78* s..s..sixth colorrr

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
you may think you have won this game of Magic: The Gathering. but wait until i unleash the power of the SIXTH COLOR OF MANA

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
my favorite part of this brand new sixth color is how it has been produced by cards -- by lands even! -- since literally the first set in magic. a ton of foresight there by Richard Channing Garfield, PhD

truly he is one of the great minds of our time

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
literally all thats new is colorless cost which has been possible forever just never used. "you must spend at least two colorless mana to pay Kozilek's mana cost" or something. plenty of mana restrictions.

also how bout some sw8 pale moon synergy amirite

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Alpha has no lands that tap for colorless

o true I confused antiquities lands w alpha

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

no man its new and impossible and it's breaking my mind

*loud distressed grunting*

Adbot