Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
100 rounds on the MG42.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

That's a pretty unabashed rip off of the Kojima Productions logo.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 28, 2015

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

The FBI Files for Slaughterhouse reveal that the heist takes place somewhere in eastern Texas, since the entirety of Interstate 45 is there. ("A traffic incident on the southbound I-45 resulted in a convoy belonging to the independent military contractors, Murkywater, being diverted from its path.")
That would make it the third job to take place outside of the DC area in Payday 2.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Insert name here posted:

Reminds me of when Bomb: Dockyard used to have maps of Washington state on the computers rather than Washington DC. :v:

E:

:laffo: I never noticed that, when did they fix it?

Also they probably should have just said State Route 145 for a Payday 1 reference.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Plan Z posted:

The feature from MGS5 I want most in every game, the bugged weapon customization, may be coming to PD2.

http://imgur.com/a/KOVUk

I just want to attach every laser and flashlight and turn them all on at the same time.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Drewjitsu posted:

Who uses the default sights on guns? Look at this bad opinionhaver.

Sneaky bastard centered builds.

Otherwise, I use the irons on the SPAS-12/Predator because it looks better that way.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

if you miss/like any of the meme masks you are scum

Agreed.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

I would be happy if by mega it was just like 3x the normal size. Nothing else, just a loving huge warface mask.

BillmasterCozb posted:

the cops arrive on the scene

they are greeted by a wall of flame originating from a terrifying mask the size of a recliner

I'm imagining this but warface.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Wilko posted:

Doing some test stuff to get the National Guard mutator to work better and accidentally left the game running in fast-forward while I messed with the code

I didn't get shot at until I started shooting, but got downed nearly instantly after I fired a shot :v:

I also found an old thing in my screenshots folder from this time last year. I was making space invaders playable inside the game, I got sprites, animations, and input working before getting bored and making the weapon customizer instead.

God drat.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

I keep running out of spending money because I have ten pages of fully modded guns.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Shachar posted:

I need a BLT mod to that adjusts scoped sensitivity proportionally to zoom level so my zoomed sensitivity is not crazy high. Suggestions?

I heard the GoodMod has this feature, but I also hear it no longer works, and I've installed it and it doesn't seem to do what I need. Is it an option located someone other than under Controls?

Normalized Ironsights is what it is called.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Should have a level where stealth equates to killing everyone on the map before they are able to hit an alarm button, and none of that psychic instant alarm bullshit on day 1 of Big Oil and Firestarter.

Like the good old days of Goldeneye.

For extra spice, make it so on harder difficulties you can only use melee and weapons you take off of dead guards.

Have it take place during a thunderstorm or July 4th so no one gets alerted by gunfire.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

ClonedPickle posted:

There's no psychic bullshit on Big Oil day 1, that's just on Firestarter 1 and Rats 2. Big Oil day 1 is fun. Play more Big Oil.

I considered the neighbors bullshit, maybe not psychic.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Put shotgun slugs in every gun for extra fun. Or a drum magazine on a mosconi.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Truly the most discrete of weapons.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

widespread posted:

How did you hide the triggers and that weird outline

Wrong gun.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Krilion posted:

I have no idea what those are, but sure.

It's an Israeli gun originally known as the Jericho 941, that was later marketed in the US as the smaller version of the Desert Eagle, even though they have no real relation design-wise.
It's in this game.
Also Spike Spiegel uses it in Cowboy Bebop so thats why there's mods for it is called the "Spike Kit" and "Spike grip".

Concordat fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 7, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

It's already in the game, and its the EXP bonus for going infamous.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Good luck balancing around this Vox.

It even picks up 10 bullets a box!

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

So I was playing Cook off for about half an hour and mere seconds from finishing the heist windows decides to restart my computer for an update.
Which is weird, because I set it specifically to never do that years ago. Must have changed the setting back to automatic restart when I wasn't looking.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

LowellDND posted:

Sweet, Ill check it out next time I log in.

My current build is http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mBda:eeDa:tda:glHEfBCDa:fGcDa:pO3::: (My buddy is speed rushing me through high level missions to farm XP, so I can hit Infamy and choose a playstyle).

Im thinking of grabbing Rifleman expert, Sharpshooter expert, and then ace the ECM tree next.

Looks like you're new to the game!
Just so you know, dead presidents is generally considered a waste of points, and technician/ghost are considered some of the weakest trees.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

The key to shadow raid if you don't have ECMs is fixing the corpse despawn button in Goonmod so you can just alakazam pagers into oblivion.

I thought that version of Goonmod didn't work after the crimefest updates?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

I tried googling for it, but just had a bunch of outdated info.

Which gun has the highest ammo pickup rate?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Unlike cops, EMS and firefighters are considered real people by the game.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

chairface posted:

FTFY. FTP. A badge don't make em not a loving gang, or the people they work for not mobsters.

What, have you never seen Reservoir Dogs?

BillmasterCozb posted:

Told a friend to install the NATO mod, and he made this gem

I mean, it's no Jacket's Piece abomination, but this is also funny

I need more triggers on my revolver.

I need more sights on my pistol.

I need more barrels on my volley gun.

I need more suppressor on my fart gun.

I need more... uh...

Concordat fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 24, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

The Spec Ops is really good now. Basically a direct upgrade to the Uzi, which was good before. Also the Micro-Uzi is literally a Buzzsaw in pocket form. Really, you can't go wrong with SMGs now unless you use the Patchett or Compact 5.

Compact 5's still has the most controllable recoil in my opinion, though it is not nearly as accurate as it used to be.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

widespread posted:

Does the Straight Magazine have any effect on it? I know it gives a pretty decent drop to Stability.

The one I use has the straight magazine and it still gets 60+ stability.

Before the rebalance I could get it with the straight mag to 14 accuracy and 25 stability.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

The transparent texture on the G36 and one of the AR15 options shows up as a solid black missing texture for me, even after reinstalling the game.
Could this be related to the goonmod overrides?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Psion posted:

Most likely, yes. I got invisible textures due to an overrides error once.

I can never remember where to get the most recent overrides. Could someone hook me up?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

It's just a voice he puts on when he's robbing banks, like how Nolan Batman made weird gurgling and growling noises when he was out punching criminals.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

We're probably getting John McClane:

http://imgur.com/a/YdTel

I just noticed in that last image that the Payday gang beats up the Taxman so badly that they knock his stubble off.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Psion posted:

I really hope the new launcher is a China Lake. A middle ground between the GL40's one shot at a time and the MGL-140's depressingly slow reload would be so good. Also, pump action grenade launcher. Just say those words and you'll understand.

I was thinking the same thing.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 9, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Wilko posted:

GoonMod update, let me know if I missed anything in the inventory!

Customizer overrides will be updated once the files have finished extracting.

e:
Customizer overrides for the Goat Simulator weapons, and the Wolfpack weapons have been updated.

Wilko maybe I'm an idiot, but I have no idea where to find the most recent ovverides. Seems like the only ones I can find are r19.
Seems like I don't have overrides at least as far back as the ninja pack.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 12, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Under-barrel shotguns have been a thing for awhile. I'm just annoyed that no video game I've played allows me to put an under-barrel shotgun onto a larger shotgun.

And the only reason why the DMR kit exists for the G3 is so you can use a PSG-1 lookalike.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 13, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

guys I figured out the secret

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

Wait iddqsykic is the cheat that causes you to explode via RPG though, how is that helpful?

There are no extra models. GWC is a clientside mod only. If it's not working properly make sure you installed the GWC folder in assets/mod_overrides

Disclaimer: I haven't been playing Payday for a while, so if something has changed please let me know.

He means whatever files go into the overrides folder. Mine has been outdated for some time now since it apparently doesn't update automatically with the rest of goonmod, and I can't find the latest revision on the github cause that website confuses me.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Edit: Oh wait I put it in the wrong place.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 25, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

I just want 40mm shotgun rounds. Mega Mosconi, if you will.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

They're literally wearing EOD armor designed to withstand the blast of an IED going off in their face for starters but more importantly to Vox is for balance reasons.

Personally I wish the RPG killed more poo poo. All the poo poo. Anything you aim the RPG at including the turret is going down in one hit. You get one shot at it, don't gently caress up. Just like in real life!

The RPG-7 is a reusable launcher unlike say, the panzerfaust, M72 LAW, or M136 AT4. The rocket used in game has a shaped charge, which is a bit different from your everyday explosive. EOD suits aren't going to help much in that situation unless...

FAUXTON posted:

On the other hand an RPG isn't just some pile of explosive going off in front of the dozer. If you miss, sure, the dozer should have seriously ramped-up resistance to splash, but if you bean a dozer with an RPG round he's toast.

...you don't hit him directly. As a HEAT warhead it really shouldn't have the wide splash damage it has now, but rather a cone from where it strikes. Now, if we were to replace that HEAT warhead with OG-7V fragmentation or TBG-7V thermobaric warheads, we'd be seeing catastrophic effects on anything in a wide area (frag is listed as having a lethal radius of 7 meters on people wearing body armor, 150meters on unarmored. For thermobaric, 10 meters), but it probably wouldn't do much to the SWAT turret, or maybe a guy in suit specifically designed to protect from fragmentation and overpressure.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

The RPG is acceptably balanced. You are wrong.