Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

That's dumb- the RPG should be great at killing everything that's not Winters, a Dozer or a Turret.

But the M308 already exists :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dr Cheeto posted:

But the M308 already exists :confused:

The M308 requires aiming, and takes more than one shot for those enemies.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Nobody's going to use a special gun with five rounds and no pickup just to murder trash mobs regardless of what other changes you make. I'd sooner hold out in a bathtub with Broncos.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Discendo Vox posted:

That's dumb- the RPG should be great at killing everything that's not Winters, a Dozer or a Turret.

Why on earth shouldn't rpgs kill dozers?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Why on earth shouldn't rpgs kill dozers?

They're literally wearing EOD armor designed to withstand the blast of an IED going off in their face for starters but more importantly to Vox is for balance reasons.

Personally I wish the RPG killed more poo poo. All the poo poo. Anything you aim the RPG at including the turret is going down in one hit. You get one shot at it, don't gently caress up. Just like in real life!

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
It's ok to hate RPG if you think that it trivializes Winters, Dozers and turrets but those are pretty much only targets it's worth using on. So if you make them immune to RPG, the weapon either needs a rework or should be just disabled.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Skunkrocker posted:

They're literally wearing EOD armor designed to withstand the blast of an IED going off in their face for starters but more importantly to Vox is for balance reasons.

Personally I wish the RPG killed more poo poo. All the poo poo. Anything you aim the RPG at including the turret is going down in one hit. You get one shot at it, don't gently caress up. Just like in real life!

On the other hand an RPG isn't just some pile of explosive going off in front of the dozer. If you miss, sure, the dozer should have seriously ramped-up resistance to splash, but if you bean a dozer with an RPG round he's toast.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm very concerned about realism in this game where I kill over a hundred SWAT in like twenty minutes.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Discendo Vox posted:

the RPG should be great at killing everything

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Geight posted:

Overall the new heists feel kind of flat to me, I can't put a specific reason on it but neither one got my interesting like FWB or Slaughterhouse did. They just felt too easy, I guess?

I agree with this 100%

I think its because nearly all the other heists we've been getting the last year or two you go from objective to objective and moving around the map, whereas Counterfeit and Undercover are basically in one single location with lots of annoying fetch quests every now in then. They're a lot like Bomb Forest in that regard.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah, the Wolf Pack heists are pretty tame. It's kind of surprising considering how kickass the last few heist releases have been. I'm a big fan of FWB, Slaughterhouse, the Point Break heists, and Goats.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
there are still people who are bitching about the goat heist

i do not like those people.

edit: also one of my friends was bitching to me about how it's bad business practice to "alienate" people who didn't buy the CoP, by not releasing it again. the only appropriate response was "gently caress you got mine"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

BillmasterCozb posted:

edit: also one of my friends was bitching to me about how it's bad business practice to "alienate" people who didn't buy the CoP, by not releasing it again. the only appropriate response was "gently caress you got mine"

You son of a bitch :argh:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

BillmasterCozb posted:

there are still people who are bitching about the goat heist

i do not like those people.

why would anyone be jealous of not owning the CoP pack unless they're really, really fond of mega kawaii

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

BillmasterCozb posted:

Was he also bitching that the COP was poo poo when it finally dropped, or did he gloat because he didn't spend twenty bucks on it?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

isndl posted:

Was he also bitching that the COP was poo poo when it finally dropped, or did he gloat because he didn't spend twenty bucks on it?

He called me a retard for spending money on it :v:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Puistokemisti posted:

It's ok to hate RPG if you think that it trivializes Winters, Dozers and turrets but those are pretty much only targets it's worth using on. So if you make them immune to RPG, the weapon either needs a rework or should be just disabled.

Wait since when was the RPG good against turrets?

BillmasterCozb posted:

:aslol:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Tulip posted:

Never. Grenade launchers are great at peeling shields off of the turret, though.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
RPGs aren't that great for Winters unless you can flank him. Molotovs and flamethrowers kill him a lot faster. I use the RPG on DW primarily for black bulldozers because gently caress those guys.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

FAUXTON posted:

On the other hand an RPG isn't just some pile of explosive going off in front of the dozer. If you miss, sure, the dozer should have seriously ramped-up resistance to splash, but if you bean a dozer with an RPG round he's toast.

This would make a good mechanic actually. Those 2-3 dozer squads could retain at least some threat when facing an RPG.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Tulip posted:

Last time I shot a turret with one it immediately retracted for repairs, so apparently it rules.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's going to take two rockets to pop a turret shield, assuming they don't get shot out of the air. It's not horribly efficient but it's pretty fast. The turret itself would take more than nine, but I think everyone already knows how fast they explode if you just shoot the weak point with bullets.

A grenade launcher can pop a turret shield in three shots on deathwish.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I can't say for sure the specifics versus the turret like I can for Winters but it feels like the Thanatos is pretty good at destroying the turret. Or at least, it is if you can land shots while it's shooting at you and causing screenshake.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Puistokemisti posted:

Heavy explosive damage resistance, not immunity.
I find it's still excellent for large groups of enemies, especially at range.

clockworkjoe posted:

RPGs aren't that great for Winters unless you can flank him. Molotovs and flamethrowers kill him a lot faster. I use the RPG on DW primarily for black bulldozers because gently caress those guys.

Even straight on, a single RPG can send Winters and his group into retreat on Overkill.

Dr Cheeto posted:

A grenade launcher can pop a turret shield in three shots on deathwish.

I agree, which is why it's explosive damage resistance, not just RPG resist (which would also be really difficult to implement).

FAUXTON posted:

Hm, maybe- I'd need to take another look at how the damage is applied to see how viable that is. The problem is that I think the RPG's damage is actually set up as a pile of explosive damage, and there may not be a way to distinguish a projectile hit.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
the purpose of the rpg is to give up a slot to kill dozers and basically only dozers, who cares what an eod suit is supposed to do in a video game

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Gimmick build time. Try this one out sometime. The stats aren't quite right on this site, since you've got better concealment and dodge in-game, but this conveys the important stuff. The obvious thing I expect people to point out is no Swan Song. But the reality is that you shouldn't be going down to anything other than Cloakers. You're stacking dodge, armor, movement speed, armor recovery, and health recovery. If you go down, it's because you hosed up and tried to facetank a Saiga Dozer or a bunch of Blues. The other obvious problem is that your weapon choices are heavily restricted. But like I said, it's a gimmick. What were you expecting?

Anyway, the real item of interest I want to point out is the interaction between Bullseye and Ex-Presidents. With Ex-Presidents, when your armor recovers, your health recovers. Usually, that means waiting a second or two, right? Triggering Bullseye, however, causes your armor to regenerate instantly. Which also causes your health to regenerate (if you've got some banked). So basically, as long as you keep your secondary health meter full, you have on-demand armor+health recovery, with literally no delay.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Afraid of Audio posted:

the purpose of the rpg is to give up a slot to kill dozers and basically only dozers, who cares what an eod suit is supposed to do in a video game

I get that that's the nominal purpose, and I certainly don't care very much about ~*realism*~ in my copclicker game. I believe that a weapon that can instantly kill dozers or Winters(or any other enemy other than a turret) at any range, even with a near miss, is overpowered. "Giving up" a weapon slot isn't enough to balance that.

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

Deviant posted:

Once again the Ultimate Warrior pattern pays dividends:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Skunkrocker posted:

The RPG-7 is a reusable launcher unlike say, the panzerfaust, M72 LAW, or M136 AT4. The rocket used in game has a shaped charge, which is a bit different from your everyday explosive. EOD suits aren't going to help much in that situation unless...

FAUXTON posted:

...you don't hit him directly. As a HEAT warhead it really shouldn't have the wide splash damage it has now, but rather a cone from where it strikes. Now, if we were to replace that HEAT warhead with OG-7V fragmentation or TBG-7V thermobaric warheads, we'd be seeing catastrophic effects on anything in a wide area (frag is listed as having a lethal radius of 7 meters on people wearing body armor, 150meters on unarmored. For thermobaric, 10 meters), but it probably wouldn't do much to the SWAT turret, or maybe a guy in suit specifically designed to protect from fragmentation and overpressure.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 28, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Having different ammo for the RPG would own but with hostside hit detection for explosive projectiles I don't have high hopes for it. It's hard to get a direct hit on a dozer as a client!

Also there's this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57_frgcohVg

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Well poo poo's it's Muffet.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need to know the specifics. Couldn't find that pattern.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Where ever this discussion about the RPG goes, can we do away with an EOD suit saving your life if a bomb goes off in your face? There are EOD people with a healthy level of respect towards explosives because nothing will protect you if it does go off. I guess call of duty is to blame for the whole EOD = the terminator idea.

And that's dealing with explosives buried in the ground which absorb most of the force.

Personally I don't think the RPG is a big deal because HE judge or loco can stun dozers to drill bullets into their face and be used liberally against shields and tasers at the same time.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Having different ammo for the RPG would own but with hostside hit detection for explosive projectiles I don't have high hopes for it. It's hard to get a direct hit on a dozer as a client!

I really wish using explosives as a non-host wasn't so hit or miss. It won't stop being downed by sykic however (the cue to stop hitting cops with melee in an target rich environment).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Again, the proposed change would effect all explosive damage to the specified enemies, not just the RPG. The RPG is just the main reason the change needs to take place.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Again, the proposed change would effect all explosive damage to the specified enemies, not just the RPG. The RPG is just the main reason the change needs to take place.

The RPG is acceptably balanced. You are wrong.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

BillmasterCozb posted:

Well just tell him he was retarded for not trusting the Hypetrain. They told you they wouldn't release it again and he said no, so now I hope he enjoys a Mega Kawaiiless life.

Or tell him to bitch at the people who would care if COP was sold again because OVERKILL WOULD BE BREAKING A PROMISE!

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 28, 2016

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kikas posted:

Well poo poo's it's Muffet.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I need to know the specifics. Couldn't find that pattern.

This is the important stuff c'mon man.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Grapplejack posted:

:agreed:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Please read the earlier posts. The RPG can remove Winters or multiple Dozers in one hit, from across the map. This trivalizes several of the most significant dangers on higher difficulties. With the current spread of damage, having one weapon slot for conventional weapons isn't really a problem- the M308 and a large number of other primary weapons can operate on their own indefinitely. The low ammunition on the weapon is itself a nonissue if any one player brings ammo bags. The heavy preference for the RPG on higher difficulties is itself the strongest indicator that the RPG's balance is a problem. The same was true of flamethrowers, until the turret bug was fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Gimmick build time. Try this one out sometime. The stats aren't quite right on this site, since you've got better concealment and dodge in-game, but this conveys the important stuff. The obvious thing I expect people to point out is no Swan Song. But the reality is that you shouldn't be going down to anything other than Cloakers. You're stacking dodge, armor, movement speed, armor recovery, and health recovery. If you go down, it's because you hosed up and tried to facetank a Saiga Dozer or a bunch of Blues. The other obvious problem is that your weapon choices are heavily restricted. But like I said, it's a gimmick. What were you expecting?

Anyway, the real item of interest I want to point out is the interaction between Bullseye and Ex-Presidents. With Ex-Presidents, when your armor recovers, your health recovers. Usually, that means waiting a second or two, right? Triggering Bullseye, however, causes your armor to regenerate instantly. Which also causes your health to regenerate (if you've got some banked). So basically, as long as you keep your secondary health meter full, you have on-demand armor+health recovery, with literally no delay.

I was just thinking about the viability of a silly hyper-fast armor regen build (squeezing in Aced Bulletproof) and Ex-President the other day, but Bullseye automatically triggering the heal means I'm going to totally switch to this kind of build next time I play. Pretty sure I have a Fugitive build lying around that I can switch perk decks on and bingo.