Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Is there a bug with Crime-net or something? I see 16,000 people online but searching worldwide I can find about 2-3 games for any particular difficulty, if I'm lucky.

Also, thank you Wilko, I was so alone without my all-american grenade launcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Skins with statboosts still exist, right? Could you potentially get a +1 damage skin for the flamethrower and equip it alongside a +1 damage boost and get +2 or are they exclusive or something now?

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Edit: Got it. It's not actually that hard with Grinder...making me think Grinder is pretty OP. Oh well.

Isaacs Alter Ego fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Dec 19, 2015

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Does the AUG still have the arbitrarily reduced hip-fire accuracy or did they get rid of that?

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I have a thought for tough guy. What if going down made all cops around you panic? It'd give you time to clear out some cops out before going completely down, but it wouldn't render to immune to snipers/turrets and other long range targeting assholes.

Additional random thought: gently caress snipers. Why are they still broken after all this time? Why isn't there a skill to give you sniper damage resistance or something?

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

grancheater posted:

It's called Iron Man

I wear ICTV and I still routinely get downed by snipers that haven't appeared on the map yet and have no laser.

Maybe that makes me a bad but its frustrating as hell and its been a problem since Goldfarb still worked on the game. If they aren't gonna fix it at least add a "-20% sniper damage" skill, that's all I'm asking.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Did they get rid of the reload while sprinting skill altogether? I can't find it anywhere and that poo poo was my jam.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I would watch Avengers vs The Payday Gang. I mean, the gang already takes out a shield-wielding captain on a regular basis, and I want to see Black Widow get Shockproof Ace'd.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

If I was theoretically ready to stop touching the pubstove, what's the best time to hop on and look at the goon group? And do people still use the mumble or have they moved onto dischord?

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Discord or the steam group.

I'm in the steam group but when I check it, the chat is usually empty, so I don't bother.

Would I be better off joining the Discord? Is the info for it in the steam group somewhere?

Isaacs Alter Ego fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Sep 26, 2016

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I would just like to say that Medics are Fun and Good but they need to stop reviving people through walls or while doing other animations like climbing, because it is kind of dumb in the same way long-range tasers are.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

So was there any reason given behind nerfing the hell out of a ton of melee weapons or was it just for funsies? Was someone soloing One Down with the katana or something?

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Melee enthusiasts aren't as down on it as I thought in the steam forums; there's some sort of skill synergy happening with it. I don't know the details.

Personally I use melee a LOT and the changes made it pretty much unusable. I play mainly on Overkill and I used to be able to carve through green swats in a single hit and tans with two, now I can pretty much only get a melee kill with Bloodthirst up unless I use the Kunai, and even that still leaves tans alive.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Isn't "Time is money, friend" a line the warcraft Goblins use a lot?

I can't imagine a warcraft heist being an actual thing though, or even any kind of crossover. I don't think Blizzard really does that kind of thing, do they?

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Wolf being a traitor would be a good way to write him out of the game since he's never going to get new lines. Plus it kinds of fits in with Ulf leaving the company if Wolf leaves the crew, since they're basically the same person.

I have no real evidence for this I just can't imagine Dragan or Wick being a traitor.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

maswastaken posted:

Muscle + Ace Partners in Crime = enough health to take two bullets without dying. One more than most people, four fewer than 50 Cent. Also constant heal is reliable heal.

Actually 7 fewer than 50 cent, who was shot 9 times.

Are we using 50 Cents as a unit of measurement for bullet sponginess now? A bulldozer is worth 50² cents?

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I played Raid at PAX a little while back, it was really janky and needed a lot of polish, but the general gameplay felt pretty good and the objectives of the map I played were more interesting than Payday's typically are and involved actually hopping on an AA-gun and shooting down nazi planes which was real cool.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I like that they portray the gang as having no redeemable aspects whatsoever. I feel like it'd be tempting to show them being nice to the civs but this feels way more true to the gameplay.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I hope they are changing Joy a lot, with a new VA or something. Her voice was really grating, especially in combination with a lot of her voice lines just being constant shouting about points. Also I am kinda disappointed we aren't getting Clover back, I always kind of thought of her as the 5th member of the gang. Houston doesn't count.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Me and my friend got into the beta and spent about 20 minutes trying to start a game together and just...couldn't. The game kept bugging out and listing him as being at level -255 and having no loadout, and every time we tried to launch a game it'd just hang on the ready screen or kick us out before that with a network error. We eventually just gave up without even getting to try the game.

Doesn't exactly bode well.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Actually the original planned ending for PD2 had the heisters getting teleported to another planet and having to solve some kind of trial or test while seperated. But I think they realized that creating four different trials and an entire set of alien planet temple assets for a level most players would never see was insane and cut it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Do you still have to play with randoms like in the beta? Or can you have a private match that is just you and a buddy with the other slots filled by AI?