Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

A whole tree to buff lmgs and a whole tree to make shotguns mediocre .... this is our payday now....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm trying, man

We all want to be as cool as those cups, my man. Yours looks much better.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It makes sense for murky station, since you're doing this under the other guy's nose and the idea is boiling point takes place the morning after the raid before anyone finds out. I agree with you on shadow raid though.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Oh, I can't believe I forgot this one: :siren: ECMs still suck :siren:

Reading over it makes it look like ECM overdrive is a base ability of ECMs now, which is fine.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

Feedback, not Overdrive. Overdrive opens doors, Feedback stuns cops.

Oh, whoops!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really like the DMR G3. It handles well and does great damage with good pickup.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Transport jobs are thoroughly my poo poo despite their atrocious payoff. I like GO Bank, too.

I imagine this poo poo will become less annoying when anyone can equip a primary saw.

I agree! I like how fast they are and they give you a real Heat feel.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

kalstrams posted:

Alright, I'll drop by Mumble if we play tonight, though European night might be a bit early.

I'm in for this, I'd love to clear those out.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I would end up just making like five or six different bank heists if I had the tools, to be honest.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

clockworkjoe posted:

Just got Cold Hard Ground (no downs on Boiling Point) achievement for legit - just me and one friend. I went grinder fugimind and he was techforcer muscle. Went pretty well - spawns seemed a bit light. I disabled bots because they were just going to be cloaker bait. Are spawns based on number of players?

It also might happen if the host has a lovely computer.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

watho posted:

It does seem like Akimbos are just straight up available from the get-go by the phrasing.

Holy poo poo that brawler tree :eyepop:

Geight posted:

The Brawler tree does not look very good, but Bloodthirst is a neat idea, at least.

Imagine playing it with the yakuza tree or sociopath and suddenly you're a monster and you start out and stay that way.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Stockholm syndrome is actually good now, since hostages you've taken that are freed by police won't move anymore. They just sit there and act as a free revive and ammo refill if you go down near them.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hobold posted:

I suggested that once, he complained about not being able to mark things. His getting caught is the only real hurdle to us completing that heist in DW. Its one of the last ones for us to clear. Alesso being the other. Same issue there.

So uh, just do the heist loud then.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oh no I just noticed that the bottom of the shotgunner tree is loving underdog and you have to ace it to climb the tree

I really hate that broken loving skill and I can't skip it now if I want to shoot people with shotguns

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SAMARIX posted:

This is me trying to replicate my normal TechForcer build for the new skill tree.

I might be able to change some things around based on what they do with the quality of life skills.

How good is the Bullseye skill? Its a skill I have not heard people talk about much.

It's better the lower your natural armor is. If you're rolling around in an ictv it's worthless but if you've got a suit or an lbv it's amazing

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Psion posted:

Just think: That's still easier than PDTH on 145+

Wasn't undercover also the easiest 145+ heist?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Undercover - Really, really nasty spawn combinations, a constant stream of sniper spawns akin to HM 2, insufficient ammo and health, the map was mostly about running away. Oh, and the escape timer was 45 seconds. The last objective forced one person to start the timer while standing at the computer, so you couldn't cheese it like you can in PD2.

Ah, okay. And I remember you talking about all the poo poo you had to pull just to get through heat street. That map was a loving nightmare even on normal, I can't imagine it on 145+

The original version of undercover put you into custody if you missed the jump to the escape area and fell, right?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If it's green bridge they'd better have the ponchos back.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My idea for safehouse customization is doing a heist on overkill and deathwish gets you a memento to put in a trophy room, one for each of the two difficulties. For example, doing the diamond ovk gets you a vase, deathwish gets you one of the armor sets from the museum; hotline gives you a small dinosaur (from the gas station) and a rocket for dw. Small for overkill, big for deathwish. poo poo like that.

Also I wonder if it's going to be related to wolf? He's really lacking lines now and with the guy out of the game maybe they're going to kill him :ohdear:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

watho posted:

Please no rewards for playing on anything less than overkill. This isn't a "git gud :smug:" deal but playing through the easier difficulties when you can handle the more difficult ones is a complete slog.

Also, counterfeit is actually kind of fun on DW if you have a good team together although if you get a van right next to the water pump(?) then it gets a lot harder than it needs to be. The micro Uzi is still absurdly good.

Yeah, that's why I thought overkill+ for the rewards. Playing on normal is a loving nightmare, it's so boring even with complete gimmick loadouts.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

widespread posted:

Wait wait wait. Can the dual MP5s get Straight Mag 10mms? If so, :getin:

They can, it's great.

Isn't having a tattoo of your own mask a bad idea? Especially on rolled up sleeves

It's kinda badass though.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

bbcisdabomb posted:

Or Sociopath.

Sociopath is a good deck. :colbert: granted, it isn't amazing, but it isn't trash.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 25, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ugh they moved hostage taker to the controller tier four. God drat it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

One thing that isn't actually a problem but annoys me is that the +5 rounds counts on revolvers; I'd rather it have you reload revolvers faster and give you the bonus rounds in weapons with magazines instead.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

No. Also lol @ it having no penalties at all :wtc:

I would have sworn it did. That's really stupid.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Crabtree posted:

I can already see the forums bitching about how she's too tumblr/punk for them. Also HOW DARE SHE COST $4.99, I THOUGHT MICROTRANSACTIONS WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE EVERYTHING FREE/OVERKILL PROMISED ME IN MY HEAD.:qq:

Welp looks like Sokol is being replaced as my #1 :swoon:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

They're checking the overlong police response delay on HM as I write this. It'll probably be fixed when Sydney comes out.

I thought that was on purpose so the cops wouldn't shoot all the gangsters.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm surprised we haven't gotten a website yet, considering Sydney launches in two days.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really, really wish you could give the Scar a dual mag. That'd help that weapon so much.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/sydneypack/ Time for the "people that stopped playing this game" to start bitching!

All of sydney's guns are really nice looking though they lean in on that "cute punk" aesthetic that hot topic loves, which I find really funny

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Why would we rob a bank manager, they make at most like 50k a year.

Now a CEO, maybe.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

DelphiAegis posted:

So, does anyone still hang out in the CTS mumble and do non-beta update cop-shooty-root-and-tooty? Or are most of you on the beta update salivating at LBVs?

Most of us have been playing this game for so long that we're in the beta to spice things up. I'm sure there's a few people still but the majority are in the beta.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

Well, right now there's no reason to take frag grenades over dynamite. You can learn to adjust the arc for the throw so they're not instantly detonated, but the only difference between the two is that frag grenades can get blown up in your face. Make them the same if you're not willing to give them any statistical differences, IMO.

Also, I don't read TFR but this is what I imagine it's like: A Steam forums discussion about the real names of PD2 guns turns into a slapfight about which version of the AUG is in the game.

You can shoot your own grenades to airburst them, so they're better than dynamite.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I hope now that the update is official we get a goonmod and pocohud update soon :3:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pulling it out
Big Loads \\ One In Each Hand
One Handed Talent \\ Filled Chambers
Dangerous Climax

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Bort Bortles posted:

Thanks for the info. I thought about getting it because I have practically zero weapon mods and I feel like all my guns suck, so I was trying to pop through a bunch of quick missions, like 4 Stores or Mall Smashup and figured that I keep seeing more ATMs than I can open (I've seen in upwards of 4 ATMs in the mall mission a couple times). Also bank vaults tend to have a zillion lockboxes that you can open with a saw. If I can take the saw as the secondary and have a Primary I like a lot I dont have a problem bringing it along, especially if playing with friends and it means we make more money or whatever.

The mall has like 6 ATMs so it's a good one to bring a saw to.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wilko posted:

I fixed up the infamy outliner, which afaik is the only thing that's crashing right now. If anybody has any other crashes, send them through and I'll fix them up with the update later on.

Joining a game and clicking ready before you've loaded in will crash the game. I assume it's a goonmod thing, since it stopped doing that once I disabled it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wilko posted:

Do you have a crashlog for this one?

When I get back I'll post a link to it in the thread.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Are the revolvers still kind of garbage, or can I make a pistolero build, at least? :(

The mateba and the bronco are both good, the peacemaker is fun but it's hurt by the super slow reload and the spin you do when you switch to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Concordat posted:

what the gently caress

Laputanmachine posted:

You have to channel your inner Ocelot more. :ocelot:

Whoa whoa I'm not saying its a bad thing but sometimes you gotta switch real quick to pop a cloaker for a teammate or whatever.

It's still a good weapon and it's super fun to use