Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Just had an odd bug where no matter who you were talking to or calling at your character would yell "Clover" instead. Happened to both me and my buddy, yell at each other, speed ups, revive calls all of em Clover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Psion posted:

Chains has a problem where he calls far too many people Bonnie, but everyone-as-Clover is new. That's pretty awesome. Who were you playing as?

I was Sokol and my buddy was Wick cause I was hosting and Sokol.

AI was Jacket and Wolf.

Also Wilko should be president of Overkill imo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

A Bodhi without Swayze is no Bodhi at all

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Crabtree posted:

GOTY has a cutoff point so you'll also need Samurai for Grandpa Jiro, Ninja if you want puke weapons and stealth nades, Cowboy if you want some Single Action Army and western weapons, BBQ is essential because fire is a game changer, Golden Grin mostly for the buzzer so you can taze tazers, OVERKILL if you want to bring the boom like Sykic and Sokol for crime baby and grinder. The rest can be waited on for sales, but buy what you want.

Cowboy weapons all blow really really bad now. It might be the worst dlc.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

ClonedPickle posted:

Do you want to attach The Bigger The Better Suppressor onto this weapon?

This will use 6 suppressors.

[y/n]

Why is there a 'no' option?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Basticle posted:

Anyone else notice they greatly increased the zoom on the ACOG? (this is on AMR-16 with DMR kit but I assume its the same no matter what)

It's always had the highest non-scope zoom

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

swims posted:

Honestly can't even tell what I'm looking at. I see the gun but what is the red part

The red frame for the minigun

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Concordat posted:

I need more barrels on my volley gun.

I want it I need it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

That's dumb- the RPG should be great at killing everything that's not Winters, a Dozer or a Turret.

Why on earth shouldn't rpgs kill dozers?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Skill revamp just got posted, looks...interesting

https://media.overkillsoftware.com/2016/03/mastermind.pdf

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 18, 2016

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

John Murdoch posted:

Not sure how to feel about the rest of it, but I'm super stoked to finally get a proper Sharpshooter tree.

Though I can't help but think that doing one class a week isn't going to do them any favors, especially when they're clearly shifting stuff around between classes. It feels a bit weird to judge Mastermind by itself before I know exactly what the heck they're doing with the other four. Edit: Oh, and currently no mention of further Perk Deck changes, either.

That sharpshooter tree looks like poo poo though, at best it's 3 headshots to get refunded a single bullet, that's garbage as gently caress.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Tulip posted:

Aced Uppers looks Ace.

Does Aced Uppers trigger Aced Quick Fix?

I have this feeling like this is going to be like the big gun rebalance - we all hate it at first and after a month we think it's rad.

The weapon rebalanced sucks because it makes several paid dlcs completely blow

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

If we're adding new dual wields then add in dual locos ala that Punisher game for the ps2

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

watho posted:

I want Eric Etebari to gently caress me.

hell, same

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

The worst part about the rebalance is it made the Western Pack utter poo poo and they were my favorite guns beforehand :sigh:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

ClonedPickle posted:

000 Buckshot is now just a straight +15 damage with no downsides (assuming they didn't gently caress up normalizing the pick up rate modifier or whatever). Maybe that's their way of making the shotgun damage skills less necessary.

Does it still reduce your max ammo?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Psion posted:

It is :shrug:

also if anyone is considering Dead By Daylight and thinking they might get their co-op fix out of it since it's also a Starbreeze published property, um, don't. No bueno.

Is there a thread for it?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Hoxton can't have supported Brexit, he's friends with a black guy from a different country

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

It made me really want to have Michael K. Williams as a new member to the crew. Omar with an AK blasting on rich folks is 100% my jam :allears:

:omarcomin:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

There's actually a really piss-easy way to pay artists that costs OVK nothing, if one of your skins gets selected to be made 'official' then OVK credits you a piece of DLC, or COP, or gives you a copy of PD2 to sell or give to a friend. You'll note this is the exact same thing they're already doing for their prank call contest, there's no reason it couldn't work here. Acting like there's utterly no way to compensate artists for their work is loving bullshit 100% of the time.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

What if when you get your skin in the game you get a bunch of specialty tagged versions of those skins, like thirty or so: then you can sell those or give them away or whatever.

This is also a solid idea, it's almost like there's lots of ways to pay artists for work that they do!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

It's a problem with no good solutions that won't enrage a frothing mass of babies.

If people are gonna be babies either way then maybe don't do it at all or err on the side of 'paying artists' so that you're not objectively poo poo?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Coolguye posted:

e: it's actually really, really egregiously weird that so many of you are choosing this as your hill to die on - it's pretty obvious none of you truly understand what you're asking or talking about, and why making this crap a requirement or not doing it at all would actually be a huge step back for everyone involved, including the artists. if asked i'm actually in a unique position to explain why this is. however, i am not making up any effortpost on any goony internet crusade without being asked, and if i'm asked you can't come back later and call me a sperg because you literally asked for my comment.

Huh?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Nice meltdown

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

bbcisdabomb posted:

E. poo poo, watho not zakaharov. Sorry Z, you're still crazy but not that crazy.

It's a sore spot for me because of my job, I get asked about once or twice to create content for free and it starts severely grating on you after awhile. It doesn't help that this was OVK's actual reason as to why they aren't even doing the minimum at giving out skins:

quote:

Originally posted by Overkill_Joakim:
Ive seen a lot of questions why the creator cant get their own skin, and that is because how the system is set upm the way we have it set up means we cant do it we cant give someone any skin.

If we could we would.

TF2 is valves own game and therefor they have created a solution for this. I will try to talk to valve and see if we can do anything about it.

But dont get your hopes up.

Also, if you haven't tried the incendiary grenades for launchers then do so now before they figure out how stupidly overpowered they are.

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 15, 2016

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

bbcisdabomb posted:

Ooh, did they get buffed? I'll have to outfit my china lake tomorrow and see how it goes.

They're x2 molotovs (that I think do more damage/sec) that last like 10 sec and have identical pickup. Stick em in the piglet and you can literally hold the house in Rats by yourself just by turning the entire floor to fire.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I'm still of the mind that OVK could still just credit a dlc, a copy of the game, or even just give the creator a mint condition version of the skin rather than take part in each penny transaction.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Coolguye posted:

then suggest a reasonable solution

It's not really his job to solve all the evils of the unpaid labor world in the Payday 2 thread.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Coolguye posted:

ok so we're admitting to simply being

in here

i'm fine with that, continue

Drewjitsu posted:

Take a break, coolguye.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Renegret posted:

When I'm not clicking cops in the head, I like to explode multiple at once with explosives.

My grenade shooters once shot explosives but are now only for producing eternal molotovs

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Concordat posted:

^Alligator Dundee meaning he's Florida Man.

The binary stealth/loud is dumb as poo poo and should be more gradual, and guard behavior is atrocious.

Problem is once you rework stealth to a certain level you basically have an entirely separate game. Hopefully Payday 3 will have a new engine, and take some queues from MGS and Hitman when it comes to stealth.

The best way PD3 could implement stealth is to remove it entirely

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Concordat posted:

As usual, the Russians take things one step further: the TKB-059

Also the closest thing in real life to Duke Nukem's ripper.

I want that giant pump shotgun the Russians made that fires anti-aircraft shells converted to shot. Make it have a super long pump animation and damage the player's armor when fired.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Wilko posted:

I got hired a few months ago! And then moved over 2 months ago to actually work on stuff

Congrats, nobody deserves it more, are you allowed to say what you're working on?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I have no problem with the new system seeing as how gating assets behind skills has always been loving stupid. Also if you're so opposed to the idea of in-heist profile switching then maybe just don't do it? I mean it's not like OVK are holding a gun to your head.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Plan Z posted:

I do love that Damion and Eric really seem to be into the roles these days. You occasionally hear actors complaining about being involved in video game projects over the years and I've been embarrassed for them in a few cases. Like I bet that Ron couldn't really give a drat about the whole thing. In this case though, not only do they look like they're having fun with it, but you can tell that it's given them a career boost.

It's surprising for Eric but Damion is an absolute turbo-nerd, his Facebook fan page is like 90% D&D/Pathfinder chat/art and like 10% "Oh yeah I'm an actor thanks for being a fan"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I don't want or care about a hat code

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

$25,000 dollars, keep going

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Is payday crashing for anyone else? Every time the heist goes loud my game conks out, I've tried verifying my files and it keeps saying I'm missing stuff, but doesn't actually fix anything. I had BLT/Goonmod and I've disabled those and it's still happening.

vv Ahhh ok, thanks vv

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 3, 2016

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK5dWNUB4Z3/?taken-by=almir_listo

More Overkill investment news. Also, new heist leaked?

More like heister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

I enjoyed it :shrug:

So no.