Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
When I'm not clicking cops in the head, I like to explode multiple at once with explosives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Plan Z posted:

I don't want to bug mods every time it happens

:qq:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Renegret posted:

When I'm not clicking cops in the head, I like to explode multiple at once with explosives.

I've never enjoyed explosives for raw kill numbers, in part because there are always those ones on the edges that lose their helmets, but stay alive. Explosives, for me, have paradoxically always been specifically for dozers/winters/turrets.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Renegret posted:

Big fan of setting them on fire, personally

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Oh, right, content...

Psion posted:

In all seriousness, though, everyone who's thinking about trying frenzy really does owe it to themselves to take bloodthirst, melee skills and a good weapon and then one-hit a charging cloaker. It's a hilarious delete-enemy button.

It owns. It also basically obsoletes Counterstrike (a bad skill).

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Renegret posted:

My grenade shooters once shot explosives but are now only for producing eternal molotovs

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Discendo Vox posted:

I've never enjoyed explosives for raw kill numbers, in part because there are always those ones on the edges that lose their helmets, but stay alive. Explosives, for me, have paradoxically always been specifically for dozers/winters/turrets.

yeah but

they're really funny

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Renegret posted:

yeah but

they're really funny

For fun, I have a flamethrower. :kingsley:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Oh my god the skins system is so bad. So apparently if you want your skin to look good you have to make it work for each individual modification, one for every stock, one for every barrel, one for every grip, one for every sight... and at that point you might as well just make a different set of TGA files for each one! Easy I suppose with things like the GSPS 12G, but if you make a skin for the CAR-4 good loving luck.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Skunkrocker posted:

Oh my god the skins system is so bad. So apparently if you want your skin to look good you have to make it work for each individual modification, one for every stock, one for every barrel, one for every grip, one for every sight... and at that point you might as well just make a different set of TGA files for each one! Easy I suppose with things like the GSPS 12G, but if you make a skin for the CAR-4 good loving luck.

I feel like this explains why a lot of the early Overkill skins were so poor. They didn't know how to use their own system either! :haw:

I mean there's been a huge increase in skin quality from the early safes to the most recent - seems plausible, right?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Psion posted:

I feel like this explains why a lot of the early Overkill skins were so poor. They didn't know how to use their own system either! :haw:

I mean there's been a huge increase in skin quality from the early safes to the most recent - seems plausible, right?

This isn't a joke, I think you're right. I'm giving up on that hornet skin for the AK rifle and putting it on something else.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Huh. So thats why some guns would have a random mod or two that just didn't have the skin on it. I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot, or simply chose not to do it for some mods on weapons with tons of em.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Lucy is being a pissbaby but pre-ridiculousness frenzy was kind of bad. It was possible to make it work and I liked to make it work but it wasn't really worth it. Now it's just stupid. I changed my mind in that I don't think it's more ridiculous than sentries anymore because you still get to click on cops while using it, but a straight up 60% damage reduction is power that no one man should have. Especially since OVK has implied that standard ICTV was at a good place when it came to their vision of balanced player defense.

Ninja edit: the choices for weapons with skins now make a whole lot more sense. Does this also apply mods without any cosmetic changes? because lmao if so

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Hobold posted:

Huh. So thats why some guns would have a random mod or two that just didn't have the skin on it. I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot, or simply chose not to do it for some mods on weapons with tons of em.

This is also related to why they're rolling out skin availability for additional guns slowly over time- they have to set up the files for every possible mod permutation. The shooting star skin I posted earlier is one of a very small number of submitted skins that consider all available mods.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 23, 2016

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Is it also part of why some guns will get several skins, while many have yet to get any?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Hobold posted:

Is it also part of why some guns will get several skins, while many have yet to get any?

Yes. CAR4 takes a lot more time and resources (aka money) versus a bow, the flamethrower, or even the minigun.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Oh, right, content...

It owns. It also basically obsoletes Counterstrike (a bad skill).

The reload speed that bloodthirst gives you is also insanely useful.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

The reload speed that bloodthirst gives you is also insanely useful.

I've been running a Bootleg rifle + bloodthirst as my frenzy build of choice and it's just comical. Every now and then stab someone, teleport a new huge magazine into your gun, rinse, repeat. 100 stability means it fires extremely well from the hip, too, so it's just run around and point laser at things, things die, repeat.

And if you go the body expertise route you can save points and not ace that reload skill thing - because of how it works with large-mag weapons like the Bootleg, it's a 20% speed bonus for 6 points. That isn't much against 50% for stabbing someone, and a skill you want to get anyway on your way up to Frenzy. (Sure you can get both, but I find those 6 points best spent elsewhere)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I was under the impression that the quick reload skill was worded terribly. What it actually does is grant you faster reloads depending on how many bullets are left in the mag, not mag size.

I seem to recall reading this on one of the "what do the skills actually do" reddit posts.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Quote is not edit. First time for everything.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 23, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

I was under the impression that the quick reload skill was worded terribly. What it actually does is grant you faster reloads depending on how many bullets are left in the mag, not mag size.

I seem to recall reading this on one of the "what do the skills actually do" reddit posts.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the case. The skill is pretty explicit that the bonus is reduced for every bullet in the total magazine size. Surefire confirms this is the case, since it comments directly on Lock 'n Load. Of course, Overkill could have just coded it badly. But a quick test with an LMG shows that the reload time is about the same regardless of how many bullets are left in the mag (provided you kill two mans, first).

E: Maybe you're right? Text from the Long Guide:

quote:

On every other killshot: If the weapon is grenade launcher (or RPG), bow, or flamethrower or a weapon set to full-auto, activate. While active, wait for a weapon switch or reload event. On weapon switch, deactivate. On reload: Let modified ammo = current ammo in magazine minus (if applicable) 15 if Surefire basic (even for akimbo SMGs). If modified ammo <=20: Use reload multiplier 1.6. Otherwise, use reload multiplier 1.6*0.99^(modified ammo - 20), but at least 1.2. The reload multiplier is actually percentage-point-based in the end, so subtract 1 from the result and then add it to other reload speed bonuses. So the skill acts as a reload speed bonus ranging from +20% to +60%.

E: I think you're right, yeah. It's hard to tell without timers, and it only updates after every other kill, though. So you need to get your mag low first, then kill a couple cops to get the updated time, then reload. If you kill two cops, then blow your mag, the reload speed doesn't update.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 23, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Hmm, yeah I'd be curious then. I read it as if your magazine is over a certain size, you get 20% and that's it, deal with it. If it's "you get a much better reload at fewer than 20 rounds remaining, increasing as you get closer to zero," that's interesting

On the other hand the bloodthirst 50% is more than adequate for the Bootleg and I put those six points into even more damage for the thing, so :shrug:

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 24, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
We're way past the point where we need new content to talk about or care about something new. Good thing the month's about to end soon.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lock n load reload skill is for 20 or less bullets remaining in the mag/belt/tube/cylinder. Reloading with more than 20 reduces the bonus by 1% per bullet additively until you hit the cap. Example, a KSP with 199 on the belt will reload as fast as a as if it had 100 bullets, but if you have 20 or less you get the full bonus of 60%, if you have 21 bullets your reload bonus is 59%. It stacks with shotgun reload but not quite sure how it calculates the stack.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crabtree posted:

We're way past the point where we need new content to talk about or care about something new. Good thing the month's about to end soon.

I dunno, does it feel like safe drops are screwed up? After the first one when they went free, it's like they just ... stopped happening. Or at least stopped being predictable. Anyone else feel that? :confused:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Psion posted:

I dunno, does it feel like safe drops are screwed up? After the first one when they went free, it's like they just ... stopped happening. Or at least stopped being predictable. Anyone else feel that? :confused:

I thought about this the other day - Goons have told me it was supposed to be once a week, I don't remember OK ever saying that. Only that every safe after whatever date would be free to open. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

We're way past the point where we need new content to talk about or care about something new.

Death Vox Diamond Store

I spent a lot of time on this one. Stealth and loud should both be fun and tense, with minimal waiting.

The Setting:
You're hitting the diamond store like usual, but there's more security on-site because they're currently receiving a supply delivery. Bain wants you to clear the place out.
General Changes:
No side door.
Titan Cameras. An additional camera spawns that partially covers the back alley.
A Gensec truck is parked near the back fountain court. Its doors are already open.
The Falcogini on display next door is actually a complete, working model on a flat display, rather than the normal canted one. Walking into the store before will give Bain the idea to steal it.

Stealth:
More civilians will spawn in the map, particularly in the cafe area behind the store.
One of the guards will be a Gensec driver, stationary at the Gensec truck. He will be in conversation with a police officer. Another police officer takes their place in the normal store rotation. A third police officer will be standing at the far streetcorner.
Bain will mention that the store's security has been upgraded, and that you will need two keycards (HUD objectives will also be updated).
One keycard is on the manager- the other spawns somewhere in the security room.
One keycard reader is located somewhere below the counter in the main store. The other is in the security room. There is no timer requirement.
After the system is completely disarmed, an infinite number of civilians will begin pathing around outside areas of the map, similar to Big Bank.

The call:
About 90 seconds after the first keycard is used, a phone call will come in from Gensec. The call will come to a random phone somewhere in the jewelry store, including all offices, the security room, or the main sales desks.
Hillary from Gensec starts with a 0% chance of becoming suspicious. This increases by 15% for every dead civilian.
If she becomes suspicious, two patrol cars will spawn and 4 police will enter the store from both the back and front, roughly simultaneously. The police will path through most of the store, but will not check the interior of the security room. They will eventually leave if not alerted.

Loud:
The escape vehicle will leave immediately when the alarm goes off. It will always arrive at a far corner in front of the store.
About 2 minutes after the alarm sounds,
1. a SWAT turret will drive right up to and smash the front doors of the store. This turret will immediately discharge a set of enemies.
2. a second SWAT turret will position itself roughly where the escape vehicle can normally spawn in the back alley.
Winters will arrive in the alley across the street from the cafe. A SWAT truck (no turret) will spawn there first to form a barrier- it will protect him from being hit by the car.
Overwatch can occur.

Required Loot: Players will need to collect all bagged jewelry from the store, as well as the 6 bags of jewelry in the Gensec truck. I believe this comes to about 24 bags.

Additional Loot:
The Falcogini shop safe contains the keys to the car in the shop. If it is unlocked and driven, it can be secured in a zone next to the escape vehicle in loud or stealth.
Aside from the Falcogini safe, all Titan safes in the level spawn, containing cash.
2 bags of gold also spawn in the Gensec truck.

Psion posted:

Safe drops have been reworked, but the details aren't well-known at this time. The rate does appear to have been lowered, but there's no clear info. People are still getting safes, but they're less frequent, whatever the new mechanism is.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Something weird I noticed - why are the Exit signs in the clubhouse (Biker Heist) green? Is that a DC thing? I'm so used to them being red, just seems odd...

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Shooting Blanks posted:

Something weird I noticed - why are the Exit signs in the clubhouse (Biker Heist) green? Is that a DC thing? I'm so used to them being red, just seems odd...

It's a common standard outside the US, though it's used here sometimes. Wikipedia sez it's because under the theories that are the basis of ISO, the color red is often reserved for prohibited activities.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Shooting Blanks posted:

I thought about this the other day - Goons have told me it was supposed to be once a week, I don't remember OK ever saying that. Only that every safe after whatever date would be free to open. Can anyone confirm/deny?

I have literally only once gotten a safe in a card drop, and that was when safes first debuted. I dunno what it is, but goons always talk about stuff that's supposed to be a guaranteed drop, and I've never gotten a guaranteed drop in the history of the game.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Allen Wren posted:

I have literally only once gotten a safe in a card drop, and that was when safes first debuted. I dunno what it is, but goons always talk about stuff that's supposed to be a guaranteed drop, and I've never gotten a guaranteed drop in the history of the game.

It used to be the case that you could get a safe drop once a week, very reliably. Now, it's unclear when (or if) there is a weekly reset, or what criteria need to be met in order for a safe to drop. Case in point: Last week, I played exactly the same as much as another person, in all the same games as that person. I got a safe drop at one point. They never did.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It used to be the case that you could get a safe drop once a week, very reliably. Now, it's unclear when (or if) there is a weekly reset, or what criteria need to be met in order for a safe to drop. Case in point: Last week, I played exactly the same as much as another person, in all the same games as that person. I got a safe drop at one point. They never did.

Even when it used to be the case, I still never got one. People would say "oh, you're guaranteed a drop, it's one a week" over mumble and we'd all flip mods and masks and cash, or they'd flip safes and I wouldn't. This isn't new behavior for me is what I'm saying.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Psion just now: Can we do Transport Underpass on DW? I want to move the heat bonus to another heist, it's annoying me.

First time I've ever seen someone ask to do a Transport heist that wasn't cheevo/mask related.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Allen Wren posted:

Even when it used to be the case, I still never got one. People would say "oh, you're guaranteed a drop, it's one a week" over mumble and we'd all flip mods and masks and cash, or they'd flip safes and I wouldn't. This isn't new behavior for me is what I'm saying.

That's hosed up.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

hey, every time I open my pocohud heist stats screen it's been there sitting there frustrating me! Sometimes you just have to hate yourself. :v:

Allen Wren posted:

did you ever get a Chains Begins as a drop? Asking for a friend

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

You need a certain amount of time played in game per week now. About 10 to 12 hours should guarantee a safe drop.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Psion posted:

hey, every time I open my pocohud heist stats screen it's been there sitting there frustrating me! Sometimes you just have to hate yourself. :v:

did you ever get a Chains Begins as a drop? Asking for a friend

...no?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shooting Blanks posted:

Psion just now: Can we do Transport Underpass on DW? I want to move the heat bonus to another heist, it's annoying me.

First time I've ever seen someone ask to do a Transport heist that wasn't cheevo/mask related.
What is "the heat bonus"?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bort Bortles posted:

What is "the heat bonus"?

Basically, the game will give you an XP penalty on jobs you've done a lot recently and an XP bonus on jobs you haven't done in a while. There's only one slot for the highest heat bonus and once a heist has been sitting there a while the only way to clear the slot is to play that heist.

The Long Guide has, as always, an excruciatingly detailed description of this mechanic if you're interested, but that's the gist of it.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

I ask to do transport heists sometimes but I always get shot down :(

If I had to pick a way to make the transport heists "better" i'd make it so that you drill through the outer door, then an inner "barred" door, and then you can just pop each of the lockers open by interacting with them.