Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Still my preferred game to kill cops en masse in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I dunno about 22 stories but you can get first responders to scurry right up a building in any heist with a vantage point asset.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Explosionface posted:

Fade Zebra. I also completely forgot it's battle worn, so there's that.

That looks pretty baller, honestly.

I actually don't hate my COP gun skin that much I just wish it were for a better assault rifle.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I hope we get some more new heist content before the end of the year, even if it is just Payday 1 heists. I don't want to give up on Payday 2 and new heists are the most reliable way to get my friends playing it again!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Since nobody else has mentioned it, Hotline Miami 2 is on sale for :siren:$11.99:siren:, so if you were waiting for a sale on the game just to get Jacket now's the time to strike. Remember that you need the Digital Special Edition to get the character, so the $8.99 normal version won't cut it. I think the game is pretty good too, but most people don't.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It's possible that there could be a 50% sale during Steam Christmas, but I dunno if it's realistic to expect it any lower while Payday 2 is still a thing that we play.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm quite sure that Slaughterhouse Redux takes place in DC still, it's just that whoever wrote that blurb didn't realize that using random numbers for the highway name would imply that it took place somewhere else.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Plan Z posted:

40 doesn't mean as much as it used to. Before perk decks, it was the breakpoint to one-headshot greens, and two-head tans. Now everyone with a perk deck gets the headshot bonus multiplier so some miniscule number is the new one for greens, and some 38 or 39 point-whatever number is the one for tans. Realistically, getting your damage up really only matters for some shotguns rare situations with sniper rifles, or if you're doing Deathwish these days.

Lots of people like to chat numbers and that's cool, but if someone tells you a gun is useless or you shouldn't firing it while moving or from the hip(barring semi-auto shotties), then they're bad at shooters and try to make up for it number-shaming.

All perk decks did was let everyone take advantage of the 40 breakpoint, instead of requiring that you dump points into Technician to get the tier bonus.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah but like... Everyone having helmet popping didn't change the 40 breakpoint. The 40 breakpoint is still a thing on Overkill Difficulty, and it has always been technically 39.9 or whatever because Overkill Software.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What if some of the people I played with in the past few weeks don't go for headshots? Is there a polite way of saying what needs to be said?

Play with AI John Wick and he'll helpfully remind your crew to go for headshots.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/dallaspack/ posted:

One of their convoys, laden with ill-gotten loot, is trying to get through the city. YOUR city. Show them there's only one crew that owns the streets of Washington.

It probably did take place in Texas in Payday 1, but in Payday 2, it's in DC.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Stealthing Nightclub is easy, just restart until there's not a GenSec plaque on the front of the club, then there will be no cameras. :v:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm pretty pumped about this Payday update but dang that Point Break remake looks hella-bland. But still, the heists! :swoon:

Also a free sniper rifle for non-DLC-havers is cool and good.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

That guy who calls the COP pack "totally-not-a-donation" is pretty confused because at no point did the COP ever bill itself as anything but "you are spending more money than you should to get some glitzy masks because you like what we do", the ~*secret gift*~ was only announced near the end of the hypetrain event. The whole point was that it was essentially a donation!!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Same, except really good Dead Rising flashbacks. :cheers:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

When did Fast And Furious gain all the other weapon type restrictions? I remember it only not applying to melee weapons (for whatever reason)

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Shame on you if you thought otherwise!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Swan Song is super fun, you should skill it up because dang it's fun.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Beneath the Mountain seems small potatoes compared to Birth of Sky - That small town turns into a fuckin bloodbath, and somehow the sewers beneath have nastier ambushes than the murkies manage to assemble on the top of their own fortress. That said, what are the extra loot options for mountain? My crew cleared out all the vaults but didn't get the achievement, so I assume there's something on the mountain top area that we couldn't find.

Also I love that the baby deagle comes with a Spike Kit and Spike Grip. :allears:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Also what does it mean when my gun has a purple threat number? I don't have any UI mods installed.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

So Threat is capped at 43? Weird, but definitely not the weirdest Overkill stat thing.

Also I kind of hate that they've regressed into not giving us the mods for DLC guns, or tying them to achievements.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

^ For a few DLCs they just came with the guns, but with the point break one (and maybe the pack before it? I can't recall), you're back to relying on paydays, side jobs, or goonmod.

Discendo Vox posted:

People complained. :shrug:

Don't I know it. I have a friend that just hated having to take time out of their busy crime schedule to do a single silly achievement run to get a mod for a gun. Then they just started giving us all the mods, which I was fine with. Now we're back to square one and neither of us is happy!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Is it being produced/published by Lion's Gate? That seems to be the only movie studio that we get crossovers with.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

Isn't the extended mag for the LEO locked behind the meth lab on dockyard? That's probably the only brutal one, aside from killing dozers with the g3.

Locked behind finding it once, yeah. Does it have a low spawnrate or something?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Ah okay, the one time I found it was when I desperately slapped a drill on every container because I had actually 0 bullets and there were no ammo bags, so I was looking for the crate that had a couple inside. I figured in other runs I just didn't find the methlab because I didn't bother to crack open every crate, but now I see that was actually a fortunate occurrence.

Can you find ingredients for the lab somewhere?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

How many of those proposed perk deck changes ended up going live anyways? Just Disturbing the Peace applying to all guns?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Well the Monthlies weren't supposed to release until next week, right? So I guess that uh, explains it.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Does the new heist go into perma assault like White XMas does?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

That was a fun challenge, and I go in hard for christmas-colored stuff.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I like the Alesso heist, but it takes way too drat long.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

"It shouldn't take longer than 40 minutes" is also kind of a weak reply to "the heist takes too long". The sad thing is that stealth and loud feature the same issue - there's a lot of time spent just not doing anything.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The Hotline Miami heist DLC is also effectively an SMG weapon pack, it comes with three of them.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

How would folks feel about the following death vox change- you have the same amount of health when you are picked up, but your timer before going into custody is cut to 15 seconds.

e: Nvm, I may have misunderstood a skill.

Does Ace Tough Guy increase your time to custody, or the amount of damage you can take before you can't fight back while downed?

Geight fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 2, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Cat Burglar is fall damage reduction. Nine Lives is another down before being B&W, and aced is a chance to just get back up when you get downed. Cat skills!!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh yeah, I forgot about that since it's not relevant outside of Hard. By "time to custody" I meant the amount of time you had after being downed before being taken into custody.

What other skills get less useful the higher difficulty you play on? There's Ace Cat Burglar, Ace Combat Medic, anything else?

Geight fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 2, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Elman posted:

Eh, I usually play with friends. But we did play lower difficulties at first till we moved on to Overkill, so hopefully it won't take as long this time around. I'll give it a shot.

Remember to give yourself 20 or so levels immediately by just stealthing a Deatwish-difficulty Jewelry Store after heisting, it's easy enough to do alone, and it won't penalize your XP for playing on Deathwish, which other heists will do. Good way to get yourself enough points to grab all the QoL skills you'll immediately miss after losing them.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Basticle posted:

New heist: The Most Dangerous Game: Bust Matt out of jail and then let him loose in the woods

Deathwish difficulty requires the heisters to only use the plainsrider bow. :getin:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Crabtree posted:

...I can put 2 key cards in 1 pocket?!

Did someone else go into custody with a keycard and it got shifted onto you?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Teddybear posted:

It's a little weird that something this silly is a full-price DLC.

If it's two new maps that look as big and pretty as the screenshots imply, a fair amount of work went into it regardless of how silly it is.

This does raise an interesting question though - Does a 2-day heist add as much 'value' to the game as 2 1-day heists?

Geight fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'll admit, I do really hope that they haven't scrapped plans to have a heist where we rescue Jiro's son. I do like Payday's overarching story thing, I just don't take it seriously enough to be clutching at my nerd pearls because there's a cool goat heist.

John Murdoch posted:

I suppose it is a little strange to go from heist DLC to heist DLC, with both being tie-ins.

Heist DLC is the best kind of DLC, honestly.