Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Muscle is a good safe bet if you're not sure where to go skill-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Am I too late for the hif discussion?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I love more akimbo options, but why no akimbo micro uzis? Those would have been my number one choice for akimbo smgs.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Fellis posted:

This is just the start of akimbo smgs fellas, they will put in dual klobbs, dual rcp-90, moonraker laser, oddjob character pack with throwing hat

E: special low-rez mode for billmastercozb

We also need to be able to quickswitch so that we can have mixed up akimbos.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
The new skill trees aren't out yet, but welcome back anyway. There's a lot of new sweet heists waiting for you.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I wonder when are they fixing those medieval weapons just showing through all walls and just floating there? It's creepy and shouldn't be too big of a fix. Edit: In the museum I mean.

CascadeBeta posted:

So as someone who hasn't played since the safe/drill stuff went live, how is the game now? I remember there being really weird balance decisions made around skins having better stats than normal guns. Is it still a thing? Does it matter? How much DLC would I need to buy if I was current up till that whole mess?

Game is good, skins don't matter and you can actually mod yourself some better guns and also you can have mods that are just straight-up stat boosts like more ammo, more concealment/acc/stab. Paid DLC after Crimefest includes Point Break (hella good heists and baby deagle aka best pistol), Goat Simulator (very nicely varied heist, passable secondary shotgun) and Wolf Pack (good heists, secondary MGL, free for the owners of PDTH Wolf Pack). There's also a bunch of free stuff.

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 22, 2016

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Those mask achievements need 4 players, each wearing a different mask from the specified set of four, so yes, you need a full team

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Geight posted:

Given the meta nature of many of the cloaker's taunts, I love the idea that they're privvy to whether a player has counter-strike and change their tactics accordingly.

Now, what if we went full ham and let players deflect incoming bullets while charging a melee weapon? :getin:

Only if it's the katana and you're wearing the grey fox mask.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Jimmy's room has a vault but it's like Scrooge McDuck's money bin filled with cocaine instead of money and you can dive into it and swim in it.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
So the Anarchist perk deck is Grinder but with armor? Sounds cool.

e;fb

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Once you put the mask on, the game starts an invisible timer and the heist will go loud sooner or later. The most you can do in stealth is to get the doors hacked.

Kind of weird that they copied that mechanic from PDTH since they did some reworking to make FWB stealthable.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
On Election Day 2 you need a crowbar on dw to open the boxes, which is interesting. They could double down on that by making guards actually notice open boxes which means you need to find a nail gun or whatever and reseal the boxes.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
We already got the biker helmet with the Hotline Miami 2 deluxe package, so I don't think the biker is in. We might still get him with a slightly altered helmet, or maybe a broken one.

My money is with some still unseen, original character.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Vox, can you suggest to Overkill that they'd just give complete perk decks to players instead of gating it behind exp grind?

Reasoning: Since the decks are permanent that won't be taken away even by doing infamy, leveling up new perk decks is just an annoying extra hoop for old players and even more so for new players who have lovely unmodded weapons and aren't that adept in cop-clicking to begin with. Giving access to some small bonuses right off the bat would make the start of the game a bit smoother. Hell, just making Crew Chief available from the start and then leaving the rest of the decks as is would do wonders. Dlc decks would still be behind the dlc paywall of course.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Inspire aced also got changed. Now it works 100% of the time, but only once in 20 seconds, so you have to be sure your team mate won't just go down again to soem cloaker or black dozer.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Grapplejack posted:

The mateba and the bronco are both good, the peacemaker is fun but it's hurt by the super slow reload and the spin you do when you switch to it.

You have to channel your inner Ocelot more. :ocelot:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
We need dual Judges and we need them yesterday.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I just played Slaughterhouse on ovk with some pubs. There were 3 gas cans which was a first for me. What's the third can for?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

chairface posted:

There's more gas cans than are needed in hotline miami day 1 too. The extras are just extras and not for anything. A lot of maps with C4 drops don't have you use all the C4 either.

I know that, but before this I thought there were only 2 cans in slaughterhouse altogether. I was wondering if the 3rd can was added recently and if it was, did it serve some other :ducksiren:secret:ducksiren: purpose?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Bort Bortles posted:

I dont have any DLC, what are the best ones to buy once they go on sale?

Gage mod courier pack, first thing. After that, pretty much anything you want. You don't necessarily need heist dlc since you can just join lobbies even if you don't have it.

Anyway, here's some recommendations off the top of my head:

BBQ pack
Sokol pack
Historical Weapons pack
Alesso
Hotline Miami
Point Break
Big Bank

But really, all of the dlc have something good in them. The Chivalry medieval pack is the only one that I'm iffy about (the light crossbow with HE bolts is still drat good), but if Overkill is going to change up the way melee works, it might become a very good pack later.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Hotline Miami 2's biggest flaw is that it's more like Hotline Miami: The Expansion Pack than an independent Hotline Miami 2: The Sequel. It's fine if you get into it right after finishing the first one like I did, but holy poo poo it does not work in any level as its own separate thing.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Discendo Vox posted:

Throwing axe: like the javelin.

To me, the axe feels like middle ground between javelin and card.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Judging by the image with which they did the summer sale announcement, Clover is/has effectively replaced Wolf as one of the core four Payday members :(

It is kind of fitting because Clover is at least as good a screamer as Wolf and Ulf has left the company anyway, but it does make me sad.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
There's also a weird graffiti in Biker heist day 1 in the far corner of the fence, off to the left from where the turret usually appears. It's a black spraypaint image of an eye with a pyramid dangling off of it. Sort of reminde me of Illuminati but clearly different. One goon I was heisting with said he took a screenshot but I don't know if he showed it to you.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Thanks for the write up, that clears things up a lot. I'll take a look at that mod as well.

For random pubby games, whats the usual etiquette about going loud vs using stealth? I've avoided heists i don't know by heart and ones that require high stealth teamwork because i remember those being insanely tricky unless everyone had the script down perfectly (framing frame day 3, looking at you).

Avoid stealthing with pubs unless it's something really simple like jewelry/diamond store or four stores or something like that.

Goons like to go loud for the most part. Partly because loud is usually more fun but also because the desync that might/will happen between clients will play merry hell on guard positioning and you get poo poo like guards with seeming X-ray vision and team mates walking through walls. It happens on loud as well, but it doesn't spell failure unlike in stealth.

If you really like to stealth, do it solo or with friends who you know have low ping.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Santa's Workshop is also infinite and I've been wondering if I should do the safe event thing there for completeness sake, even though it doesn't give you a cheevo. I guess it's similar to the Lab Rats one, minus the giant cloaker.

But first I have to find a way to tear myself away from Overwatch.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I did the hostage bullshit like I did all other bullshit "don't let cops do x" cheevs: on normal and with full sentry build. Back then that was pretty much the only function of sentries; area denial for some very specific small areas in certain heists so you could have a small message pop up in the lower right corner.

Now with the new sentries it should be even easier.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
So how does that swan song cloaker immunity work if the cloaker is already on the way when swan song kicks in? Does the cloaker just stop right there, does he keep on running and does the kick but it doesn't connect?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
If you really need to do dw Car Shop, you do it solo. The time limit is tight enough and you don't want to deal with car collision bullshit on top of that. If you need a buddy, make sure you both enter the same car.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
So Gage Coins are now official?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

SaffronKit posted:

After years of playing TF2 and other source games, I really can't use any button other than ctrl for crouch. It just feels awkward taking my thumb off the space bar.

Basically ctrl crouch for life.

:yeah:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Election Day 2 warehouse is fun to stealth. The objective requires zero bag hauling, lots of entryways, there's a lot of wiggle room inside the warehouse to escape guards and the big buck loot bags are right next to your van once you've completed the hack.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJgMc7j_LA

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Crabtree posted:

No Mercy Remake.

ohpleasepleasepleasepleaseplease :pray:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

THE CHORSE posted:

What the actual gently caress, Overkill? Yeah, this is totally on the same level as bagging 10 bodies or completing Diamond Store with 16 bags. :bravo:

There are 5 transports and when we did just one (underpass), we got the daily then and there. So either the description or the daily or both are borked.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
A tip for those who want to stealth shadow raid with max detection: bring a suppressed Thanatos. If a Murkywater guard spots you from a mile away, go behind some cover and wallbang him through the cover. You oneshot him with zero chance of return fire.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

DelphiAegis posted:

So I noticed something interesting with 1D golden grin:

You still have to deal with the security inside, which ends up being 5 total guys; 4 up top and one on the stairs. And the cameras are still active until you "put them to sleep" with the gas, as I'm guessing that's hard-coded into the map.

But hey, if you use the goonmod edit to vanish corpses to bypass the stupid pager system, you can get in and out of GG pretty quick! :v:

Oh, but you get little XP, since the XP payout is based on completing the stealth objectives. You can complete those while loud, too, and it increases the loud payoff! So far, getting blueprints, scanning/faxing them, grabbing and filling the USB key and using the keycard seem to count toward XP totals that you can skip if you're doing loud.

Might have been a bug. I did GG on 1D and the sleeping gas worked normally.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

DelphiAegis posted:

Oh, the sleeping gas works just as it's supposed to. I was pointing out that the camera in the screenshot should be an unreachable titan cam, but it's a destroy able camera instead, which allows you to pick the door to the security center before you actually use the gas...

Speaking of fun things you can do in GG stealth, you can fire off the fireworks and it will not break stealth. Fun way to freak out your team mates.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
How long until we get some tasteful loving horrible meme texture mods for the van? I tried to search lastbullet but found nothing yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
If you're going crazy trying to identify the music, it's from Star Fox 64 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWcDpvf57fA