Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

The best news is they're loving ditching Diesel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Grapplejack posted:

The lions roar is an incredible rifle and those changes make it even better
The shotgun changes aren't really like, nerfs, but they will make it slightly harder to paint rooms. I dunno how it affects the 12g shells

Lion's Roar is the VHS, right? I always loved that, even when everyone else thought it was meh.

edit: I haven't played this game in a couple of years and I think I remember too many of the stupid weapon names vs real world names. gently caress my stupid brain.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Are they still using their clapped out engine, or have they transitioned to something else like UE?

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

I'm still sad they never added the Pancor Jackhammer into Payday 2.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Just had a youtube ad for Five Hour Energy that was VO'd by Dallas voice guy. It clicked right away that he should be yelling at people to get down. The Payday mindworms are back in full force for me already.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

So apparently the initial release is going to be in UE4, with a later transition to UE5. I'm sure there won't be any major issues that pop up when that happens.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/payday-3/unreal-engine-5

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

EorayMel posted:

[list]
[*]Killing civilians directly cuts your end of heist payout, up to a 70% reduction in rewards so don't do that. Civilians can also be traded for more assault wave delays and/or get first aid kits

That sucks. I got too much of a kick out of wholesale murder once it became pennies of the overall money you would earn (mainly due to how my friends started reacting). Making people think about what they do is a positive change overall, I suppose.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

RAID: WW2 of all things got an update. I just find this strange that they're updating it again after such a dead period.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Shooting Blanks posted:

Isn't this basically every beta, ever? Especially sequels? It effectively boils down to "The devs didn't read my mind on exactly what the previous game needed to be improved, therefore, new game bad."

That's not to say that Payday 3 is good or bad - I haven't played it and I don't know. But I'm 95% going to buy it unless the reviews are awful, just based on the sheer number of hours I got out of Payday 2.

I effectively haven't played in 3 or 4 years, and I don't think any game will ever top it's play time. Even if I took 30% off the top. From what I've heard, I like the direction payday 3 is going, but I don't play with my friends often enough anymore to buy it right away.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

So I hadn't really kept up with PD3 for a while and one of my crew the other day was all "hey, it looks like PD3 is out, you guys interested?" Our responses were either "yes", or "yes, but I'm broke". So he bought it for all of us and I've been dorking around solo to get a feel for it. Overall, I like it, but there's definitely room for improvement. Especially the UI. If you're doing Payday 1 challenges for XP, at least carry over the same way to check on the closest ones during a heist.

I am finding it hilariously Overkill to have the menus be so obviously designed for controller touchers, but then they don't get aim assist.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

I was able to play with my crew for the first time last night. Apparently they had a little bit of a rough time matchmaking before I joined in, but by the time I joined in, it was pretty smooth. They still need to reconsider the general UI and "lobby" structure, but we worked around the wonky bits.

Fun game, can't wait for more content and some general polish on skills/UI.

e: and my friend playing Dallas in a loving dad sweater almost lost it when I called him Crime Dad

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

I just had flashbacks to PD1 where patches were infrequent and delayed due to console certification and trying to keep things (mostly) synced.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

explosivo posted:

Saw someone say as of this time after the payday 2 launch there were 11 updates and hotfixes. Not sure how accurate that number is but it sure is strange how vocal they were about making this the 'as a service' payday with great post launch support and they seem to have been blindsided by this launch.

Sounds about right. Their staunch support of console parity is killing any update momentum at this point. The smart move would have been PC release, then hotfixes, then add consoles with a patch rollout, but what do I know.

e: the most important part is that I'm having fun with my friends in the game, and we are

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Discendo Vox posted:

The Payday Drill Debacle

Yep, that all rings true to my memories of the time. Funny in retrospect just how badly they hosed it up.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Discendo Vox posted:

RAID has apparently reemerged into some sort of fan-maintained half-life that I don't fully understand, and has as a part of that process undergone a lot of improvements to most of its systems. I'm planning to give it another try once my backlog clears up a bit.

I'm waiting for the next update when they revise the skills to give it another go. Probably still won't stick to it, but I'm curious enough.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Gort posted:

Anyone got a detailed postmortem of Raid? I grabbed it at release and bounced off hard after a few missions, but it'd be interesting to hear what real Payday heads thought of it.

I don't have anything big and detailed, but my big sticking points were that it felt like most weapons were kinda meh and the enemies were big bullet sponges. Like multiple headshots required on dudes without helmets level of bullet sponges. I also only played solo as I never got my crew into it.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Pharmaskittle posted:

looks like a big patch out, haven't read it yet

https://www.paydaythegame.com/news/...eb91d7e6a&gsc=1

They made it so my crew's resident dumbass can't softlock us on the art gallery, so that's really good. I don't see anything about making the 1911 any better, which is unfortunate.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

they should be fine for money I would think. for all its flaws this game did sell like gangbusters. there’s something fundamentally wrong with their workflows and processes. i actually don’t think pd3 was a badly designed game. I really like the heists that are there. there’s just so much basic poo poo missing and so much jank present and such an enormous delay in fixing anything or adding new content

Yeah, for me, the biggest problem is just the delay in pushing updates. I don't mind missing or broken poo poo as long as I can fathom the pipeline to fix it.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

limp_cheese posted:

When I got to actually play the game I liked it, but having no way to differentiate between loud and stealth lobbies killed the game for me. I am dogshit at stealth and seem to always trigger an alarm whenever I do anything in stealth. My favorite was on the mission that had the weapon bug (that bug was awesome and made it actually possible to unlock gun poo poo. Good job fixing that and making the game worse) where the team was doing it stealth while I hung out at the start. I decided to walk towards a door, but I guess that was wrong because a civ saw me, immediately alerted, and started a gently caress up cascade that ruined stealth.

My usual experience with the game before I quit was joining a match with my loud gear, realizing everyone planned stealth, and reading poo poo on my phone while they did the entire mission without me. If an alarm was tripped I would get excited to actually play the game, but everyone else would leave so I'm suddenly on my own.

It sucks playing the game for 2 hours but only experiencing like 15 mins of actual gameplay.

I also hated winning missions but because I didn't hit an achievement of some kind I didn't get any experience. I would get gun experience, but I could never figure out HOW that experience was calculated and the unlocks made the gun worse or had a confusing explanation.

What a disappointing game.

My group has the understood strategy of we stealth as far as we can, but are ready for loud at the drop of a hat. We normally end up loud, sometimes just because someone forgot the stealth button moved to G.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Shooting Blanks posted:

Payday 2's launch was dire? I remember playing the hell out of it during the open beta, I think the biggest issue was that they put too many launch heists into said beta, and it took them awhile until good DLC heists started coming out.

The worst part that I remember was the dreadful treadmill they had set up for leveling and most weapons being level locked. Lots of burnout on Rats.