Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Psion posted:

further proof the goat heist is hilarious and awesome and all these reddit-using self-important shitlords need to get over themselves, but I repeat myself

also skoll, apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Psion posted:

I sure hope so. Also it "should" (as in shouldn't, but whatever) be a secondary so I can take a GL40 and a new GL and be nothing but Explosionman.

The GL/RPG is a tried, true, and tested Optimal Loadout In All Ways but sometimes you just want to mix it up.
I'm just hopign it'll launch as a secondary because holy dickass would I love to run an assault rifle and a GL with enough punch to kill a shield

e: oh who am i kidding i'd just run gl40/new gl

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Fellis posted:

The forklift lays on its side, its loot being shredded in the withering gunfire, flailing its wheels trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not without your help Averox. But you're not helping. Why is that Averox? Why aren't you helping?

do you like my briefcase? it's 100% pig skin, straight from the slaughterhouse

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Fellis posted:

I still play vanilla when goonmod breaks and i'm too lazy to fix it
literally me irl

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the armor penalty is nowhere near as big a deal as people make it out to be, especially with the increased armor regen. my larger problem is that hitman still does not really have any way to resist or recover from damage. i suppose it is not that big of a deal if you resign yourself to using first aid kits, but if you are using first aid kits in any real form or fashion why the gently caress are you wasting your perk deck on dualies instead of just taking akimbo in fugitive? by the time you get to Uppers you are committed and have access to the greatest stuff in that tree. just grab akimbo and use grinder, whoops now you don't even need FAKs

i can actually see myself taking armorer now with the grace armor down grace period though. maybe. i dunno, muscle is still pretty hard to beat in terms of being the t-1000, which let's be honest is head and shoulders more important than anything else in this game.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 25, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

boy goddamn howdy these last couple pages were a right joy to read except that they made me want to disfigure my face

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

the cloaker captain will be called captain falls or i will have choice words with overkill

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Well THAT is horrifying.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Hot take: turret builds are good and DW-viable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnC08oTcdLk

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

true on both notes

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Tempest_56 posted:

They can be handy on HoxBreak, too.

let's not spoil this thread with cheap lies

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

It's less that you're giving up 3 points for C4 and more that you're giving up shockproof

C4 is useful on 2 heists if you are generous, shockproof is useful any time a taser has spawned

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Tempest_56 posted:

It's good for Day 2 when everybody fucks up duping the keycards.

i warned you

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

There's lots of places C4 can be used

It's just that its mission equipment C4

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

On a sort of more serious note the trouble with Technician is not only that it's (almost) never(?) had any sort of rebalance to the best of my knowledge.
it did get a rework but it didn't fix the fundamental problems with tech

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

shockproof and bulletproof are V Gud and so are drill skills (ace all of them except for silent drilling)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Payday uses a proprietary compression scheme that Steam doesn't support, so the only way to do a lot of updates is to download a ludicrous amount of data, yes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

- Fixed an issue where vehicles could collide with Sentry Guns

Man that issue was funny as gently caress on Meltdown :{

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Crabtree posted:

So is there anything left for them to implement besides a punch cops in the face and watch them collide into walls tree?

an 'all explosions all the time' tree

yes, i am still salty about torgue builds being nerfed >:C

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

That's it, end of story.
that one guy has 25 kills and an accuracy of 12%

how the gently caress.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Hobold posted:

For the difficulty masks, do you actually have to do every heist on every difficulty?
yes

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yes

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

To be fair you're speaking for your group. I don't think I'm good enough.

skunk the implication is that lucy is a bads

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

BillmasterCozb posted:

edit: wait a minute..Chameleon's concealment boost only works in stealth, doesn't it? Son of a bitch
and even then only in casing mode, not stealth with mask on

never get chameleon

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

MEANWHILE, AT OVERKILL HEADQUARTERS:

haha consoles

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i like the elevator music

no i'm serious it's a very nice touch

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

In brackets are my responses.

Yeah, it's a waste of time. Oh, what's this:

:psyduck:

(host only) probably indicates that only the host needs the mod for that particular tweak to work. it is contrasted with the respawning captain winters thing.

it's not heartening that he doesn't have these notes on all of the bullets, it even more strongly implies that he hasn't really thought this through at all.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

winters is alive

go kill the cop, dude

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

sounds like a cop out to me

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

I think the main argument someone presented is that it's horrifyingly overkill on every single stealth heist

But overkill is fun so ???

these are probably the same people who thought an explosive silenced judge as a client was bad

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Being able to one-shot bodyshot alerted DW guards and gangsters and one-shot headshot alerted DW murkywaters definitely has applications, and really ammo doesn't become a problem on stealth outside of perhaps the civilian control maps which have neither gangsters or murkywaters anyhow.

even if you need a boom drake with many pieces of lead vomit there's this amazing thing called a primary that most of us can bring

u can truly have it all

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

"i came out here to think about bowie. just... really bummed out. R-I-P mate." is up there for one of the best pager answers in the game. goddamn i love jimmy

When Bowie died I had to bite down on a million venture brothers jokes because Sykic was in the room and had never seen the show

I finally got to unbottle on Tuesday but it wasn't the same :(

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

A fair bit of those shotgun skills are simply combining a lot of junk we have already that nobody takes. There are way fewer skills overall in these new skills so this makes a lot of sense.

However, shotguns already have a high skill point tax and this is only gonna make the tax higher so I foresee myself ignoring that crap completely and instead bringing something that explodes

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Far Away is Good because it solves the major problem of using a shootgun as a kill everything weapon so I can have a specialty weapon in my other slot

The primary problem is that I could just as well sort all that out without paying so many skill points

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

grenade launchers and the RPG already crack the game wide open in a lot of ways so the idea that they would give any skills that benefit them directly in any major way seems unlikely

it is far more likely that jack of all trades will be close to entry level and the rest of the tree will presume you are bringing both c4 and sentries

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I took another look at the example build and something kinda clicked for me

Have they said whether or not we will be able to mix and match skill trees anymore? Or are things like Techforcers and Masterforcers and Fugiminds and all of those other stupid do-everything portmanteaus we've made up for this game going away, forcing us to coordinate to play this team game? If you consider the idea that you must take one role and then spend ALL of your points in that one tree, the skills themselves start to make a lot more sense overall. Yes, you must spend like half of your points to get to top tier of one tree, but that is because you only have 3 trees to mess with. You only have to decide which handful of skills you can live without, as opposed to being paralyzed for choice.

I hope that is not the direction they're going, but the implication they've given in the Mastermind example seems to support this interpretation.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

ah ok killer thanks

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

they should mention that this dlc is free thanks to the black market update

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

DW shadow raid has filled many a safehouse vault, friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the nature of stealth in this game though means that they are not even really good panic buttons

i mean if someone gets alerted, okay fine, you could theoretically drop an ECM to keep them from calling in the alarm, but you're still going to need to kill and clean them if you're going to continue the heist in actual stealth. if they're not around their comrades you probably could have just blasted them with your silenced baby deagle or judge or shouted at them with dominator or any of a half dozen other things and the ECM is completely unnecessary. if they are anywhere near their allies then you're going to run into an uncool cascade that will torpedo the run regardless unless you start ECM chaining. pager blockers actually make this issue worse since you can't clean someone until you've answered their pager, so if you drop someone after an oh poo poo ECM you've got to wait another 30 seconds, in addition to the 10 it takes to answer the pager. you best really loving hope there's nobody around at that point.

like seriously i cannot think of a single situation where ECMs actually are a good stealth 'oh poo poo' button that can save something threatening to go bad. the best i can think of is the ECM placed directly before taking H&T or Go, which is pre-emptive, not reactive. i'm cool with the idea of ECMs giving padding in sensitive portions of heists but that is very, very far away from how they are traditionally used. they're traditionally used to crack open doors and chain to trivialize a heist. that's completely it.